“Nice Room, TERRIBLE restraunt service” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #2 of 6 hotels in Hialeah

722 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

The recently renovated Ramada Miami Airport is a noce place to stay if you visit Miami. The staff is friendly, the location is pretty good, next to a major highway "Palmetto Expressway" that will give you easy access to the 95 expressway or to the Florida Turnpike...

Excellent Hotel for shopping, they even take you to Walmart or to Westland Mall which is across the street...

Rooms are very clean and for the price is worth it to stay there!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Armando H, General Manager at Ramada Hialeah-Miami Airport, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Guest

I'm pleased to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Thank you for sharing your comments with tripadvisor. Our goal is to provide excellent service to each and every guest we serve.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

This hotel is definitely north of the airport- a solid 15-20 min drive. So the location isn't great, but the property is nice and value is good. The beds were comfortable and the rooms overall were quite nice. The property could use a little touching up- the elevator is extremely loud and slow and some of the bathroom fixtures need to be replaced. The staff were friendly and they give you a feedback card with your room key. My email was answered within 24 hours, so they do care about making customers happy. The restaurant in the hotel was mediocre and understaffed when I went- the server was nice, but she was basically handling the entire place herself and this arrangement did not lead to quick service. Overall a solid bet, and a great option if you need to get to the airport- I took the 6am bus (first of the day) and the driver was friendly and helpful and we had no trouble getting to the right place on time.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Armando H, General Manager at Ramada Hialeah-Miami Airport, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to submit your review with tripadvisor. I was pleased to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations during your recent stay. I appreciate your feedback and please know that i will review your comments with our F&B Manager.

Our ultimate goal is to provide EXCELLENT service to each and every guest we serve.

Saint Augustine, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Beware, the staff and management here have no problem giving away your room that you've booked and paid for weeks in advance. I booked a 2 night stay at this hotel for a friends wedding in Miami. I called early on the day of our reservation to inform the staff that we would not be arriving until 2 a.m. At which time I was told there would be no problem with our late arrival and that it would be noted on our reservation. However, upon arriving to the hotel after a 5 hour drive, we were informed hat despite our reservation and my conversation earlier in the day, that they had no more rooms available and that we would not be staying there. The front desk agent and manager on duty were dismissive, rude, and unapologetic only suggested we try the Holiday Inn down the road. I left the hotel in tears, knowing that we were in Miami during the holidays, and that it would not find another place to stay. But left with no other choice, we drove for hours checking every hotel on our way until we finally we found a room in West Palm Beach. We had just enough time to take a nap, shower and make our way back to Miami for the wedding, which we had to leave early to drive 5 hours back home since we still had no place to stay for the night. Getting our money back for the room we never even saw was nearly impossible, and that issue was finally resolved by my credit card company..no help from ramada. I have never been so disgusted and disappointed with customer service, and if the staff here is any reflection of the quality of the hotel, I feel sorry for anyone who actually has to stay here. There are plenty of other hotels in the Miami airport area with friendly helpful staff. Believe me, thanks to this experience I've personally visited all of them. Do yourself a favor and book somewhere else.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Armando H, General Manager at Ramada Hialeah-Miami Airport, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Dear Guest

I'm disturb to hear what you experienced with your reservation last December and please know that I will fully investigate where the breakdown in communication occurred. I have reached out to you privately to get all the details on your reservation. This will help me in my investigation and learn on how to prevent this from happening again. Please except my apologies as I know that your experience was not pleasant. We pride ourself on delivering EXCELLENT service and I assure you that we will implement procedures to avoid this in the future.

Respectfully,

PARAMARIBO
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

The Ramada Hotel is overall no bad experience,but I had the problem with no hot water in the shower,this problem was solved by giving me another room de next day.The problem with no troley or luggage car or how you call it is never solved,theguests keepthem at their room,so they arenever available! Why not register the guest roomnumber before giving the car that way you can trace where it is! I cannot carry 3suitcases or whatever Ihave myself to my room! and nobody tohelp you! I am always treated like I come home there!I stay there for every 3months,so thats nice. But prices went up from $69 to $109! too much differance!too expensive for this type of hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Armando H, General Manager at Ramada Hialeah-Miami Airport, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for submitting your review to tripadvisor. Please know that your feedback is valuable to us and our continuous improvement plan. I apologize that you experienced problems with the hot water in your room during your recent stay. Thank you for being a loyal customer and I'm pleased to hear that the team treated you with EXCELLENT service and that your issue with the room was corrected to your satisfaction. Our rates are seasonal and prices to vary during the peak sesaon.

Thank you again and we hope to see you back soon.

Kind Regards,

Armando

Been to Ramada Hialeah-Miami Airport? Share your experiences!