“5 day stay” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Hialeah
Bridgetown, Barbados
“5 day stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

My wife and I stayed there and we had our three children including a baby. The front desk staff is not as friendly as before. We usually stay at Ramada when we visit and to compare to the staff that was there three years ago it is very poor. The only persons that really made your stay feel enjoyable is the van drivers MARIO and the other van driver they were very polite and loving and accomodating make you feel welcome. I think he should be given an award. On the 25th November one of our bed had no sheet or pillow cases on it, and not made up. We had to call the front desk at nine o clock in the night when we return in order for it to be made up that was a very unpleasent time especially when you have children. We are thinking of not going back there again. I told the front desk person who was a gentleman that we had the breakfast special He was adament that he cannot give me a pass for breakfast.

It was only because I decided to walk with my conformation letter then he reluctantly gave me two pass for breakfast. On the website it states breakfast package and when we arrive we were told that you are only permitted two pass per room. We had to get breakfast otherwise for our children.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Armando H, General Manager at Ramada Hialeah-Miami Airport, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Dea Guest

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to share your feedback with us. Our ultimate goal is to provide EXCELLENT service to each and every guest we serve. I will share your comments with the Front Office team and ensure that we continue to exceed our guests expectations and deliver EXCELLENT service.

Regards,

Armando

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Providenciales
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Stopped here for 3 days before heading up to NY. Our room was small but clean. Beds were small, hard and uncomfortable.Other than that there isn't much else to be said about the room, it was just a room. I am 5' 11" ( a bit tall) but the room felt like it was made for an adolescent. Tony the front desk agent was pleasant and was a wonderful help. The pool was closed for renovations during my stay. Stay away from the lounge and restaurant- Complete rip off with their pricing! Nice location. IHOP, Mall, Red Lobster, bank and many others in walking distance. I recommend this place for a pit stop but if your planning to stay more than 3 days and without a vehicle... Just don't do it!

Room Tip: Choose a room in the back block of the hotel. Their newly renovated with king beds, plasmas, fridge...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Armando H, General Manager at Ramada Hialeah-Miami Airport, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to share your comments with tripadvisor. Our ultimate goal is to provide EXCELLENT service to each and every guest we serve. I was happy to hear that Tony was EXCELLENT and I will recognize him for doing an EXCELLENT job.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

It was just one stop for 2 days before our cruise trip. At the arrival, the first surprise was to find a so friendly staff. The manager Mr. Tony was so profesional and courteous.
Room nice and clean, restaurant and shopping all over the area, we will be there again next trip. Thanks ALL for a very good stay. Steve. NYC

• Stayed December 2012
Armando H, General Manager at Ramada Hialeah-Miami Airport, responded to this review, December 17, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your comments with Tripadvisor. I'm pleased to hear that you were very satisfied with your room and the hotel's location. Thank you for recognizing Tony and I will make sure to pass this on to him and the rest of the team at the front desk. Our ultimate goal is to deliver EXCELLENT service to each and every guest we serve.

Reagrds,

1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

The service at this hotel is "okay". This hotel is extremely dirty. The breakfast was microwaved and bitter. It looks more like a motel. Inspectional services needs to come here. The carpets need to be washed and completely cleaned the walls and doors need to be painted. The showers have mildew. It is not located in a safe location. A major sanitary upgrade needs to be done. Pics will follow.

• Stayed December 2012
Armando H, General Manager at Ramada Hialeah-Miami Airport, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dear guest

Thank you for sharing your comments with tripadvisor. Please know that your feedback is valuable to us and I will follow up on this with urgency. I have send you a private email to learn more about your recent stay. Our ultimate goal is to provide EXCELLENT service to each and every guest we serve.

Regards,

Armando /GM
Mesa, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Do not book a room here because no one on staff seems to care. I needed a hotel close to the airport and one with an airport shuttle. The hotel's shuttle service was awful, and I was picked up 80 minutes after I first called the hotel; I saw each hotel's vans go by two and three times with drivers hoping out to get their guests bags. When the Ramada van arrived the driver just opened the door, making no attempts to move. When I got to the hotel I could hardly hear because of the loud bass thumping from the hotel's lounge. I asked if my package had arrived, and the desk clerk said it had not. I had to go to my room, access the UPS website to prove the package had, indeed, been "delivered" that morning, and I had to go into their back room and find the box myself! The TV remote control did not work. The reviews I had read before booking said the A/C units didn't work, but I didn't think that mattered since it was Nov. 30 and you don't need the A/C. But I was wrong because there's no heat either! The carpet had visible stains. This over-priced hotel does not provide a complimentary breakfast. Although they have an on-site restaurant, there was only two wait staff and one busser for this large hotel that was sold out because one of the airlines had given out vouchers. Even though I was a party of one, the gratuity was included in the cost! The checkout line was so long I thought I might miss the 9:00 a.m. shuttle. I told the driver I needed to be dropped off at the rental car facility. I was dropped off so far away from the facility it took me 30 minutes to use the walkways that took me to the tram that goes to the rentals. I caught a cold three days later, and I'm sure I got infected at the Ramada.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Armando H, General Manager at Ramada Hialeah-Miami Airport, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with tripadvisor. I'm disturb to read all the inconveniences you experienced during your recent stay. I truly apologies and please know that your feedback is valuable to us. I will meet with our operation team to ensure that we improve in these areas moving forward. Our shuttle service operates to and from the airport and unfortunately to do not go to the car rental offices. Please know that our ultimate goal is to provide excellent service to each and every guest we serve.

Armando

Been to Ramada Hialeah-Miami Airport? Share your experiences!