“Amazing fast and good” 5 of 5 stars

Description: http://www.facebook.com/#!/CubanGuysRestaurants
Description: http://www.facebook.com/#!/CubanGuysRestaurants
“Amazing fast and good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

Best steak sandwich in Hialeah! No ones beats it! Come try it.. Can't have enough. Vaca Frita sandwiches Are off the chain!

• Visited June 2013

85% Recommend
Miami, FL
“It was just ok!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

I read some reviews on their facebook page and got curious. The pictures looked nice and those commenting seemed pleased so I thought I'd give it a try. I wasn't too impressed with what I ordered!
We, (my grandfather), ordered the Pork Chunks Bowl which comes on a bed of white rice and black beans, accompanied by thin french fries potato chips, like the kind you put in steak sandwiches & bits and pieces of fried plantain. The black beans had no particular flavor to them. I expected at least a half good taste to the beans considering they were coming from a Cuban Restaurant but they were almost flavorless. The pork chunks were more like grease chunks. They were so full of FAT that by the time we separated the FAT/Lard portion off the chunks, we were left with barely any meat. I felt very bad for my grandpa because he was very disappointed. He's a 70 something year old Cuban man and after tasting and cooking Cuban food pretty much all his life, he said this here left a lot to be desired!
I ordered the steak bowl and the only difference was that mine came with steak. I agree with my grandfaher in regards to the black beans. They really weren't that good. They can do better at putting condiments and flavor to them. The steak is cut up in thin and in squares and it tasted ok. Again, it wasn't Amazin, but it was ok.
Would I go there again? Probably not. I guess their specialty is sandwiches but with what I tasted, I don't think I would go back just to see if the sandwiched are any better. I'm sure they're pretty good but with so many places that make great sandwiches in that area, I wouldn't go the extra mile just to taste theirs.
The place itself was a small place with vibrant colors. The seating inside wasn't very comfortable so we picked up our food and changed to a table outside. Since the place is small, it was a bit uncomfortable walking across while people were in line. So after I was called to pick up my order, I just went outside.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Miami, Florida
“Best Frita I ever had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

The place was spotless! and then I had the Frita with a side of the mariquitas (plantain chips).
My taste buds were dancing and partying for 15 minutes thereafter.
My wife had the steak sandwich and she absolutely loved it. I asked her how many stars do we give Cuban Guys and she yelled back FIVE!
We highly recommend this place.

• Visited December 2012
“Great. Love Cuban Guys”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

The pan con bistec is the best and the mariquitas are crispy and delicious. Also try the tres leches for dessert. I've heard it's the best in the area

• 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great food, reasonable prices”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

Service is always good here for the most part.

Good food with great lunch special. $3.99 for pan con lechon? Cant beat that..

One negative would be that last time I was there the cashier was wearing gloves to grab food, but she would handle money with the same gloves....gross

• Visited April 2012