“Not great, but decent for price” 2 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Knights Inn to your Saves list
Knights Inn
1.5 of 5 Hotel   |   26 Diplomat Parkway, Hallandale Beach, FL 33009   |
“Not great, but decent for price”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Sent us to a room with a nonworking AC. Asked hotel staff to check it, but took very long as my husband is diabetic and really irritable in excessive heat. They did not come for a while, then they had us change the rooms. Hotel receptionist minimally helpful; customer service is a thumbs down.
The room was decent and had no bugs, that's about it.
Wifi only works in the lobby.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

51 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Detroit, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

The only positive thing about the hotel was that it was clean and no bugs. I was expecting bugs to crawl out any minute because of the condition of the hotel. I reserved a two double bed room and my first night I had to stay in a one king. They were unable to switch us until the morning. The next day we received one of their "upgraded rooms" where the cabinets didn't meet the walls, the paint was peeling and electric was run from a power strip. The staff never seemed to know what was going on either. Because it was Spring Break we couldn't find anything else in our budget. We stayed there three nights and after a trip to Key West we were supposed to return. We just couldn't do it and paid a much higher rate to stay in a different hotel. We cancelled our reservations, the girl said we didn't have one (what?) and we thought that was that. We returned home to find that they had charged us for the night cancelled. I phoned the management company that manages the hotel. They were very nice and we were credited back. I explained our experiences and they seemed to really want to change things, but....I would suggest that you book early at one of the other chain hotels about a mile off the beach vs. booking this one that was closer.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Hallandale Beach hotels

Naranja, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

Don't expect five star resort. It's simple... bed, chairs, bedroom, tv etc. everything clean, cleaned every day, enough towels. Tv is old with only local
channels and thermostat is broken. But it's a 20min walk to beaches and alot of restaurants n shops nearby. Good deal if you r on a budget !

• Stayed April 2014
Orlando, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

Worst customer service we've ever seen! My husband and I had confirmed reservation for 2 nights, last weekend. We reserved the room about 1 month ago over phone with Danery (I think he should retire!) He told me the first night we'll get a room with 2 beds and the second night with 1 big bed. When checking in on Fri. Lily at the front desk told us the same thing, we could change to another room or stay in the one we had, to let them know in the morning, Sat. morning on our way to breakfast (by the way breakfast is disgusting, not worth it, stale cookies, etc) we stopped at the front desk and told Danery we were not going to change, we'll stay in the same room. After b'fast we went to Miami the whole day and when came back at 11:00 pm did not have a room! We were shocked! the light was on in the room and a note on the door, they had moved all our personal belongings, without our consent, to the front desk and had given the room to someone else. Wow! we were furious! The new guest (a lady) was very scared when we walked in since we had the key to the room she was in. . Daniel at the front desk was very rude, sarcastic, no compassion, no apologies, threw our stuff on a chair and on the floor. At 12:00 midnight we drove back home to Orlando, we had plans to enjoy the beach the next day but had to leave. DON'T GO THERE, YOU'LL REGRET IT!!! No temp. control in shower water & A/C too cold. Will never stay there, the location is the only good thing. Wyndham... shame on you to have your name in such a crappy place! We travel a lot and have never experienced anything like this!Also, the room was supposed to be nonsmoking but SMELLED! Bad place to stay!!

Room Tip: Don't recommend this place
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Gainesville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights. The front desk staff was helpful and friendly. Looks like this is a converted type of condo as people seemed to be settled in for the winter. Place is older and could use some TLC, but was clean. Our room on the pool was fine. Tile floor. We had a king bed. Room had a microwave and full size refrigerator, but no coffee maker. No hair dryer. Bed was very comfortable (did not need the plastic bed cover on top of the mattress pad, but I understand why may be needed). OK, the breakfast was terrible! But, right next door is a Starbucks and a Paneras, so never cared for their breakfast (ice tea, some sort of orange drink, 2 kinds of cereal, hard boiled eggs and bagels). The rate was great for a winter stay in South Florida during high season. The pool area was kept immaculate and the pool was heated and felt like you could swim without freezing (many people were using the pool, but we didn't have time). Lots of restaurants and store within easy walking distance. Location was good for us!

Room Tip: Rooms on the pool are best!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Hartford, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

Location is NOT everything. I felt like I was staying in a third world country. Both the faucet and tub continually dripped. There was a electrical room that had an annoying buzzing/humming noise all night. I was put into the back of the hotel where the only access was through a hallway and up a stairway. The door has a 3/8 gap at the bottom. I felt like the the creepy crawlys were just waiting for night to come out and get me. Also, check in is at 3:00 pm, not 2:00 pm, not 2:45 pm. Very unaccomodating. Continental breakfast was horrible. They provided a choice of coffee (with powered creamer only), orange colored drink, lemonade, or I think apple juice, hard boiled eggs or toast, cold cereal, and some store bought cookies. It was dissappointing to say the least. I ended up going to Waffle House instead. If I had a place to shower and change, I would have just slept in my car. Next time I will pay a little. Oh for the commenters that said the staff was friendly, go and stay at a Marriott and see what friendly actually is. I didn't particularly care for the front desk staff.

Room Tip: Stay away from the back middle side of the hotel.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Somerset, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

I should have known something when I got a room for a cheap rate. Tile floors? AC works when it feels like? ITS AUGUST!!! The furniture didn't even match, bathroom looks put together, an outdated TV that only played maybe ten channels. Even though they still use keys, which got stuck in the door and needed maintenance to get it out, nothing prepared me for my second night when I discovered this place has a Roach problem. When you put down a bag of unopened food next to a sink, go to the bathroom real quick, only to come back three minutes later to find half a dozen roaches around your bag......its time to go. I was down there for a family reunion so I had to find another hotel to finish the week, but when I did I bought a big can of Raid and sprayed the whole room before I got out of there!!!

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Knights Inn? Share your experiences!