“Comfortable, restful stay” 4 of 5 stars

Low Rate, Guaranteed
Vancouver, Canada
“Comfortable, restful stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I had some concerns about this hotel from some of the comments made by previous guests via Tripadvisor. However, I must happily say that our three nights spent here have been very restful and comfortable. The front desk honored my request for an early check in and a quiet room.
The building is an older one and the exterior can use a facelift. But our room looked new and had some recent tasteful upgrades to the bathroom fixtures and bedroom furnishings. The beds were extremely comfortable and there was a fridge and microwave. The Wifi connection was quick and the complimentary breakfast had an extensive variety of items to choose from.
Access to I 95 was convenient and the coastal route 1A1 was just a short drive away.
All in all, we were happy with our choice and would stay here again!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
bestwesternHallndale, Administrative Assistant at BEST WESTERN Hollywood/Aventura, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear Julie C,

Thank you so much for writing such a wonderful review. I am happy that you enjoyed your three night stay with us and your requests were met with efficiency. You mentioned that the hotel's exterior needed updating, and I am delighted to inform you that we are currently under renovations. At the end, the hotel will have a whole new look and we really foward to you giving us your opinion on the changes. We hope that you can come visit us again once all the renovations are completed.

307 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Campinas, SP
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I've been in this hotel this week, many employees are courteous, especially Danahe N. that was so nice, always willing to resolve what I needed with a huge smile on his face, does everything cheerfully, what impressed me. I am very grateful to her for everything she helped me. She was very efficient. The cleanliness of the hotel and accommodations are very good. The breakfast and regular. The location is very good if you have a car, but taxis for shoppins and beaches are not expensive.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear theca0,

Thank you very much for writing this kind review. I am glad to hear that Danahe was always willing to help and enthusiastic during your stay. I will make sure to let her know how appreciative you are. It is also great to to know that you enjoyed the accommodations and the efficiency of our location. We will be waiting to welcome you back on your next trip to Hallandale.

Jacksonville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

I've been here three times and this by far was the worst. I love this location however my stay was lest then superb. Due to some repair work on the building was some what of a inconveince. If I had a hat I would tip it to the young lady at the service desk (ALICIA) she is what custermer service is all about. Thanks to her my stay was much more pleasent.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Charles A,

Thank you for putting time aside of your busy schedule to review our hotel. I'd also like to thank you for being a loyal guest and choosing to stay with us time after time. I do apologize for the inconvenience you might have experienced due to the renovations. We are working on updating the hotel and making each room more comfortable for our guests. On a brighter note, it was great to hear that our customer service exceeded your expectations, especially from Alicia. I do hope that you will consider our hotel on your next visit to Hallandale.

MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I read that this hotel had many negative reviews, but found that not to be true. We stayed on two different Saturdays(jan.-feb.) before and after a cruise. The staff is friendly and answered all my questions. Alicia and Faith were kind, patient and happy. We arrived early and she was able to get our room ready for us. We stayed on the 3rd and 4th floor facing the parking lot. It was very quiet and we had a great room. The mattress and pillows are new and good quality. It is a nice big room and the bathroom separate. Nice, flat screen T.V, fridge, and micro.
The breakfast was very good and had waffles.
There is a Gentlemans club across from the hotel, but nothing to worry about.
I would stay here again. Nice pool, but we didn't, use it.

Room Tip: The rooms on the parking lot side.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear fishonMi,

Thank you so much for writing such a great review. It is always a pleasure to hear that guests enjoyed the facility as much as you did. It's also great to hear that you found our staff friendly and helpful especially Alicia and Faith. I am happy knowing that your stay with us was pleasant and just what you needed. We hope to see you again soon and maybe next time you will get a chance to try our pool.

Aruba
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

In an effort to flee the less than par accommodations at another hotel, we drove around in the middle of the night from hotel to hotel to find an affordable and available hotel Thanksgiving week. This Best Western luckily had rooms available. We booked the room and couldn't check in until the following morning, unfortunately. There were apparently some misunderstandings because the night front desk attendant did not book our reservations so when we showed up the following day, they had no record of us. The front desk personnel was nevertheless very friendly and helpful and partially honored the rate we were quoted the night before. We let this pass as the night front desk clerk was a very young guy so we dismissed his quoting us the wrong rate as youthful negligence; this also taking into consideration that the regular rate (which included breakfast) in and of itself was very affordable in the end.

The hotel was clean, had a very nice lobby and a surprisingly updated decor. The rooms were also very nice, comfortable, and typical hotel room size (just enough for the two queen size beds, dresser, desk with chair and two-seat corner table.) The parking lot had more than enough spaces for all cars to park on hotel grounds. The hotel also has a gym and a pool, neither of which I used.

There were two computers with internet access and printers in the lobby. Mornings are high-traffic times so it'll be best to get to them early.

The breakfast. Coffee, juices, danishes, scrambled eggs, sausage/bacon, etc., toast, a limited selection of cereals, etc. They also provided some fresh fruit and yoghurt. In my view, more than enough to fuel you for the morning. Although, they wouldn't win any culinary awards just yet. The service in the dining room was very friendly and helpful. I arrived for breakfast one morning just 5 minutes shy of the end of breakfast so there were no eggs left. Noticing the disappointment in my face, the lady offered to get me some more. That just made my day!

The location is just perfect. The rooms were quiet so you couldn't tell the I-95 was practically above it. Also, it was near a gas station which made getting gas before heading out very practical. In addition, the Hallandale/Aventura area is a shopper's dream with the Gulf Stream Village, Aventura Mall, Wal-Mart, Burlington, Big Lots and many other big box stores all in close proximity. Not to mention all the restaurants nearby, incl. fast food chains, franchise restaurants and higher end places.

Security. Having a security guard on the outside premises gave me quite the peace of mind. Being right off a major highway, notwithstanding its obvious perk, can be a bit nerve-racking if you think of the possibility of those who want a quick drive away after committing a crime. I admit, I may be somewhat paranoid on this issue.

In sum, this hotel is affordable, clean, and has a great location.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
bestwesternHallndale, Administrative Assistant at BEST WESTERN Hollywood/Aventura, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear Cheers297,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our hotel. I am very sorry to hear that you encountered some inconveniences at the time of your arrival and I sincerely apologize. It does delight me to hear that you found our location convenient to your needs and that the rooms met your expectations. It was great to hear that you appreciated the measure we take for the security and safety of our guests and I am glad this gave you a peace of mind. I do hope that you wil visit us again soon.

Deltona, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

The staff was so rude and unaccommodating. I had booked a reservation in July of 2012 because i was having hip surgery. I live alone with my dog and at the time they were a pet friendly hotel so they told me it was absolutely okay to have my dog stay. So 4 days before i was set to stay there, I had called the hotel to make sure everything was set and to make sure my name was still in the system. When i called the front desk the woman who answered was so rude and not personable at all!!! I wanted to confirm that my dog was staying as well and she told me that it was no longer a pet friendly hotel, i asked to speak to the GM and he was just as rude and told me there was nothing he could do, nobody had even called me to tell me that it was no longer pet friendly so i had to cancel my reservation. Very disappointed!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
bestwesternHallndale, Administrative Assistant at BEST WESTERN Hollywood/Aventura, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Dear Tina L,

Thank you very much for taking time out of your busy schedule to write a review. I am very sorry that we were not able to accommodate you and your pet and for the inconvenience this might have caused. Unfortunately, we stopped being a pet friendly hotel in January 2013 and those rooms are no longer available, especially now that we have begun renovations. We have taken the necessary steps to make sure this does not happen again. We have made sure that our website does not state that we are pet friendly and we have also informed the central reservations center to verify. We are also looking at other reservations ahead of time to make sure that all guests are informed. Once again I do apologize and I hope all goes well with your surgery.

Tampa, Florida, Usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

The hotel was in a great location for the races and was more affordable than other hotels in the location. The only thing I had a problem with is they wouldn't let you check in a minute before 4 pm, so had to wait in the lobby. Also the rooms were very nice and they are in the middle of renovations which I think it will be better afterwards but they still have a slight bug problem as I had to kill a german roach in the bathroom but its Miami after all and this wasn't the Marriott which I'm used to staying at but it was a good substitute for the location and price. I would stay again if it were race week and everyone else wanted to charge triple what normal fees are.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Theresa A,

Thank you very much for the great review. I do apologize for the bug you found in the room. Since we are currently under renovations the dust does attract bugs but we have exterminators come in weekly to keep the problem under control. I am glad that our location was convenient for the ppurpose of your stay. We do hope to see you again soon.

Best regards,

Been to BEST WESTERN Hollywood/Aventura? Share your experiences!