In an effort to flee the less than par accommodations at another hotel, we drove around in the middle of the night from hotel to hotel to find an affordable and available hotel Thanksgiving week. This Best Western luckily had rooms available. We booked the room and couldn't check in until the following morning, unfortunately. There were apparently some misunderstandings because the night front desk attendant did not book our reservations so when we showed up the following day, they had no record of us. The front desk personnel was nevertheless very friendly and helpful and partially honored the rate we were quoted the night before. We let this pass as the night front desk clerk was a very young guy so we dismissed his quoting us the wrong rate as youthful negligence; this also taking into consideration that the regular rate (which included breakfast) in and of itself was very affordable in the end.
The hotel was clean, had a very nice lobby and a surprisingly updated decor. The rooms were also very nice, comfortable, and typical hotel room size (just enough for the two queen size beds, dresser, desk with chair and two-seat corner table.) The parking lot had more than enough spaces for all cars to park on hotel grounds. The hotel also has a gym and a pool, neither of which I used.
There were two computers with internet access and printers in the lobby. Mornings are high-traffic times so it'll be best to get to them early.
The breakfast. Coffee, juices, danishes, scrambled eggs, sausage/bacon, etc., toast, a limited selection of cereals, etc. They also provided some fresh fruit and yoghurt. In my view, more than enough to fuel you for the morning. Although, they wouldn't win any culinary awards just yet. The service in the dining room was very friendly and helpful. I arrived for breakfast one morning just 5 minutes shy of the end of breakfast so there were no eggs left. Noticing the disappointment in my face, the lady offered to get me some more. That just made my day!
The location is just perfect. The rooms were quiet so you couldn't tell the I-95 was practically above it. Also, it was near a gas station which made getting gas before heading out very practical. In addition, the Hallandale/Aventura area is a shopper's dream with the Gulf Stream Village, Aventura Mall, Wal-Mart, Burlington, Big Lots and many other big box stores all in close proximity. Not to mention all the restaurants nearby, incl. fast food chains, franchise restaurants and higher end places.
Security. Having a security guard on the outside premises gave me quite the peace of mind. Being right off a major highway, notwithstanding its obvious perk, can be a bit nerve-racking if you think of the possibility of those who want a quick drive away after committing a crime. I admit, I may be somewhat paranoid on this issue.
In sum, this hotel is affordable, clean, and has a great location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the award winning Best Western Hallandale, centrally located between Miami to the south and Fort Lauderdale to the north. You're now within a half-hour of some of the finest restaurants, shopping and entertainment experiences that South Florida has to offer. Just minutes east of us lays the sparkling Atlantic Ocean and miles of pristine beaches. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Best Western, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Hollywood/Aventura reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Hollywood/Aventura Hotel Hallandale
- Hallandale Best Western
- Best Western Pembroke Park
- Pembroke Park Best Western