“Staff” 3 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
“Staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013 via mobile

Altuough the first impression of the place was not good (the location is too close to the hwy and the area itself is not as nice as the surrounding areas) the staff is very good here. Alicia in particular - at the front desk - is great! She helped me whenever I needed it, gave me good tips about the place and made my stay there very pleasant. Ask for her when you go to Bw!

• Stayed February 2013
bestwesternHallndale, Administrative Assistant at BEST WESTERN Hollywood/Aventura, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Dear Tatianila,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. It delights me to hear that you found our staff to be warm, friendly and most importantly helpful. I noticed that you pointed out Alicia for us I will go ahead and let her know of the great job she is doing and the great reviews she is receiving. We will be waiting to welcome you back on your next visit to Hallandale.

300 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Sacramento
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I stayed here last year and listed several negative issues. Management responded to my prior review saying that they were correcting the problems, yet while staying here again one year later, I found many of the same issues remain.

Negatives; Musty, moldy carpeting; I-95 traffic noise. TV cable signal is the old fuzzy analog quality, not HD. Worn bed sheets. Slow WiFi (from 5th floor).

The mold problem in my room was bad and triggered my allergies, nearly ruining my trip. The carpeting was the main problem. After walking barefoot around my room and then stepping into the bathtub, I noticed the black mold wash off the bottom of my feet. Ugh! Also, mold was growing inside one of the picture frames hanging in my room.

When checking-in, I requested a room facing away from I-95 because of the noise issue, but was told they did not have any available! This problem was magnified by the fact that the window in my room did not shut completely, leaving a slight gap of an opening from which the noise from I-95 was made even worse. When I complained to the front desk, I was told that they were aware of the problem, and that the windows were scheduled to be replaced. Ha! Last year when I had complained about the I-95 noise, management responded that they would "expedite" the replacement of windows with new sound proof ones, but where are they? So don't bother setting the alarm clock, because early morning rush hour traffic will do the job.

Positives: Affordable room rates (for Miami); Easy I-95 access by car; free breakfast; nice furniture (microwave, mini-fridge, coffee maker); TV has a HDMI port you can hookup to your laptop (pack a cable) and playback your own videos in HD; Lobby computers with printers; Laundry room ($2 wash/$2 dry)

Room Tip: Reserve a room facing away from the Interstate 95 at the time of booking. Otherwise I would not reco...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
bestwesternHallndale, Administrative Assistant at BEST WESTERN Hollywood/Aventura, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
Dear Jason72,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. I am sorry to hear that you still encountered isues during your second stay with us. I also do apologize that it has taken us so long to get started on the windows. There are many permits and procedures that need to be approved before construction can begin; however, renovations have officially started February 4th 2013 and the first item on the list are the windows facing the highway. The constructions workers will begin to put the windows in on Monday. Once the renovation is completed there will be no need for guests to request a room on the parking lot side. As for the carpet it will be completely replaced on all rooms so this will no longer be an issue either. Once again I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and we do hope that you can visit us again when all renovations are completed.

Travelers are raving about these Hallandale Beach hotels

Stafford, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

The staff here are wonderful. I arrived early to the hotel and the young lady at the front desk named Alicia immediately found a room that was ready for my family to use. She realized that we had come a long way and she did not want us to wait. Alicia has made sure that our stay in the hotel has been very welcoming.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
bestwesternHallndale, Administrative Assistant at BEST WESTERN Hollywood/Aventura, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Dear Nikkitoyya I,

I really appreciate you taking the time to write this wonderful review about Alicia. I am glad that we were able to check you in efficiently. It also delights me to hear that you also found the rest of the staff very welcoming, friendly, and helpful. I hope that next time you are in town you choose to stay with us again.

London, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Our room was very nice, clean, with comfortable beds and a nice flatscreen TV. We had a great, very quiet, nights sleep, considering it was New Years Eve, that was pretty impressive. The lobby was huge, and wifi was fast. The breakfast room was large, we didn't get a chance to eat since we had an early morning flight but we were able to grab some fruit and muffins. My only complaint was that when we arrived at 4:15 after being told check-in was at 4:00, our room was not ready and we did have to wait, other than that I would have given them an excellent review.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
bestwesternHallndale, Administrative Assistant at BEST WESTERN Hollywood/Aventura, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear rawnyd,

I really appreciate your kind review and want to thank you for taking the time to write one. It is always pleasing when our guests have a great night's sleep and find that the ameneties exceed their expectations. I am sorry to hear that your room was not ready at the guaranteed check-in time. We will modify our procedure so that this does not become an issue for anyone else. I do hope to see you again in your next visit to South Florida.

Ashburn, VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Exterior looked old & it is right opposite to strip club, so were worried but the interior was good, very spacious and clean. My partner was bothered by noise from major highway(I-95) next to hotel but I wasn't. I asked for room away from highway but was curtly told that room is already allocated on that side (Highway). Decent breakfast included but they will strictly remove it at 9:30 AM. If you had booked your room through priceline/hotwire, don't be worried, it is not all bad.

Room Tip: Try getting a room facing the Asin street/blvd and away from the highway, if possible.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear desi_wanderer,

We really appreciate you taking the time to write this review. I am glad that you were happy with the cleanliness and room space. I do apologize that our location was not up to your standards or our exterior. I also apologize for the inconvenience your partner encountered during the saty. We are however, undergoing renovations which will replace all the windows that face the highway. The new will be sound proof so that the highway noise is no longer an issue. I hope that you are able to visit us once all the renovations are completed and we will be waiting for your opinion on the changes.

Hartsdale, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I just finished spending 4 nights here. I had to come down from NY for a funeral, so I was looking for a place with easy access to the highways as well as not being overly expensive. This Best Western fir the bill. The price was great, as was the location. The staff was phenomenal. Very good service. The rooms were nice also. The bathrooms were redone as was the bedding(mattresses). The big problem, however, was the sound insulation. My room was right behind the elevator on the second floor, and I could hear the doors open and close, as well as the dings every time the elevator passed a floor. Very annoying. I mentioned this to the front desk and they told me that they were aware of this problem, not only from my floor, but from the 4th and 5th floors as well(the same row of rooms), but for some reason not on the 3rd floor. I read other peoples reviews of the traffic noise with the rooms on the side of I95, but Maybe I would have been better off with those rooms! Anyway, they are in the process of redoing the rooms like changing the carpeting and windows, as well as fixing the sound problem. Also the breakfast area was a bit small, but they're also taking care of that. They should be staring the remodeling soon, so they already know what has to be addressed. Other people had mentioned in their reviews about the area being seedy, as well as the "Gentlemen s Club" close by, but it was not a problem at all. Bottom line is it's a good choice.

Room Tip: Don't get a room behind the elevators!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Dear Neal F,

Thank you very much for taking time out of your busy schedule to write this review. First of all I want to apologize for the issues you encountered with your room due to the elevator noise. Like you mentioned we are aware of this problem and I am happy to tell you that renovations have started. Very soon all rooms will allow each guest to have a quiet night's sleep. We are waiting to welcome you back with open arms once all the renovations are completed.

Sebastian, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

The staff was very friendly and the "continental" breakfast included scrambled eggs, and sausage. So why the three???? The room had such a heavy smell of citrus room deodorant my husband and I both had headaches. All we could imagine is that we requested a non- smoking and the previous occupant smoked and they were trying to disguise it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
bestwesternHallndale, Administrative Assistant at BEST WESTERN Hollywood/Aventura, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Dear Jane T,

Thank you for taking the time to write this helpful review. I am very sorry to hear that you experienced issues with the air freshner that is used in the rooms. I understand that some air freshners may be stronger than others and I do apologize for this. It is nice to hear that you found our staff very friendly and enjoyed the complimentary breakfast. We do hope that you will come and visit us again very soon.

Best regards,

Been to BEST WESTERN Hollywood/Aventura? Share your experiences!