“Very Friendly and Helpful Staff” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Stafford, Virginia
“Very Friendly and Helpful Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

The staff here are wonderful. I arrived early to the hotel and the young lady at the front desk named Alicia immediately found a room that was ready for my family to use. She realized that we had come a long way and she did not want us to wait. Alicia has made sure that our stay in the hotel has been very welcoming.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
bestwesternHallndale, Administrative Assistant at BEST WESTERN Hollywood/Aventura, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Dear Nikkitoyya I,

I really appreciate you taking the time to write this wonderful review about Alicia. I am glad that we were able to check you in efficiently. It also delights me to hear that you also found the rest of the staff very welcoming, friendly, and helpful. I hope that next time you are in town you choose to stay with us again.

Best regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
London, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

Our room was very nice, clean, with comfortable beds and a nice flatscreen TV. We had a great, very quiet, nights sleep, considering it was New Years Eve, that was pretty impressive. The lobby was huge, and wifi was fast. The breakfast room was large, we didn't get a chance to eat since we had an early morning flight but we were able to grab some fruit and muffins. My only complaint was that when we arrived at 4:15 after being told check-in was at 4:00, our room was not ready and we did have to wait, other than that I would have given them an excellent review.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
bestwesternHallndale, Administrative Assistant at BEST WESTERN Hollywood/Aventura, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear rawnyd,

I really appreciate your kind review and want to thank you for taking the time to write one. It is always pleasing when our guests have a great night's sleep and find that the ameneties exceed their expectations. I am sorry to hear that your room was not ready at the guaranteed check-in time. We will modify our procedure so that this does not become an issue for anyone else. I do hope to see you again in your next visit to South Florida.

Ashburn, VA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Exterior looked old & it is right opposite to strip club, so were worried but the interior was good, very spacious and clean. My partner was bothered by noise from major highway(I-95) next to hotel but I wasn't. I asked for room away from highway but was curtly told that room is already allocated on that side (Highway). Decent breakfast included but they will strictly remove it at 9:30 AM. If you had booked your room through priceline/hotwire, don't be worried, it is not all bad.

Room Tip: Try getting a room facing the Asin street/blvd and away from the highway, if possible.
Dear desi_wanderer,

We really appreciate you taking the time to write this review. I am glad that you were happy with the cleanliness and room space. I do apologize that our location was not up to your standards or our exterior. I also apologize for the inconvenience your partner encountered during the saty. We are however, undergoing renovations which will replace all the windows that face the highway. The new will be sound proof so that the highway noise is no longer an issue. I hope that you are able to visit us once all the renovations are completed and we will be waiting for your opinion on the changes.

Hartsdale, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I just finished spending 4 nights here. I had to come down from NY for a funeral, so I was looking for a place with easy access to the highways as well as not being overly expensive. This Best Western fir the bill. The price was great, as was the location. The staff was phenomenal. Very good service. The rooms were nice also. The bathrooms were redone as was the bedding(mattresses). The big problem, however, was the sound insulation. My room was right behind the elevator on the second floor, and I could hear the doors open and close, as well as the dings every time the elevator passed a floor. Very annoying. I mentioned this to the front desk and they told me that they were aware of this problem, not only from my floor, but from the 4th and 5th floors as well(the same row of rooms), but for some reason not on the 3rd floor. I read other peoples reviews of the traffic noise with the rooms on the side of I95, but Maybe I would have been better off with those rooms! Anyway, they are in the process of redoing the rooms like changing the carpeting and windows, as well as fixing the sound problem. Also the breakfast area was a bit small, but they're also taking care of that. They should be staring the remodeling soon, so they already know what has to be addressed. Other people had mentioned in their reviews about the area being seedy, as well as the "Gentlemen s Club" close by, but it was not a problem at all. Bottom line is it's a good choice.

Room Tip: Don't get a room behind the elevators!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Dear Neal F,

Thank you very much for taking time out of your busy schedule to write this review. First of all I want to apologize for the issues you encountered with your room due to the elevator noise. Like you mentioned we are aware of this problem and I am happy to tell you that renovations have started. Very soon all rooms will allow each guest to have a quiet night's sleep. We are waiting to welcome you back with open arms once all the renovations are completed.

Sebastian, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

The staff was very friendly and the "continental" breakfast included scrambled eggs, and sausage. So why the three???? The room had such a heavy smell of citrus room deodorant my husband and I both had headaches. All we could imagine is that we requested a non- smoking and the previous occupant smoked and they were trying to disguise it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
bestwesternHallndale, Administrative Assistant at BEST WESTERN Hollywood/Aventura, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Dear Jane T,

Thank you for taking the time to write this helpful review. I am very sorry to hear that you experienced issues with the air freshner that is used in the rooms. I understand that some air freshners may be stronger than others and I do apologize for this. It is nice to hear that you found our staff very friendly and enjoyed the complimentary breakfast. We do hope that you will come and visit us again very soon.

London, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

After a $35 taxi ride from the airport, we arrived at the hotel. I had called earlier in the week to see if I could get a room that wasn't located in the west wing as earlier reviews had identified that it was very noisy. Because I had booked the room through Hotwire, the west wing was all that was available to me regardless of whether the hotel was full or not. Those people booking throught the Best Western website were able to access the quieter rooms. Despite a sleeping pill and ear plugs, I didn't get much sleep! Descriptions of the noise from the on-ramp to the highway in other reviews are quite accurate! Having said all this, the hotel was clean and breakfast was decent.

I don't think that I would book here again if in the area. I would prefer a hotel that was quieter, closer to the airport and definitely had an airport shuttle!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Heather P,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to write this review. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you may have encountered because of the room location. I am happy to inform you that we are currently in the renovation process and all the highway facing rooms will become sound proof so that everyone can have a good night's sleep. It is also nice to hear that the cleanliness of the room and breakfast met your standards. I do hope that you have a change of heart and next time you visit Hallandale you'll stay with us once all the renovations are made.

Somerset, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

A great location right off of exit 18 I-95. make sure you ask for a room facing the parking lot to reduce the noise level coming form the highway. Only a few minutes from Hollywood and North Miami communities.

The free breakfast was very nice. It included fresh waffles, cereals, bagels, muffins, tarts, oatmeal, eggs, sausage, fruits, yogurt, breads, juices etc.

A complimentary USA today was available every day

Room included a microwave and refrigerator.

Room Tip: ask for a room facing the parking lot to reduce the noise level
Dear Andy_Somerset_23,

I wan tot thank you for taking the time to write this precious review. It is always lovely to hear that our guests spent a wonderful night at the hotel and that our great location was also helpful. I am also glad that you enjoyed breakfast on the morning and found that it fit your needs. We will be waiting to welcome you back with open arms on your next trip to Hallandale.

Best regards,

Been to BEST WESTERN Hollywood/Aventura? Share your experiences!