“They're Getting Their Act Together!” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
Hartsdale, New York
“They're Getting Their Act Together!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I just finished spending 4 nights here. I had to come down from NY for a funeral, so I was looking for a place with easy access to the highways as well as not being overly expensive. This Best Western fir the bill. The price was great, as was the location. The staff was phenomenal. Very good service. The rooms were nice also. The bathrooms were redone as was the bedding(mattresses). The big problem, however, was the sound insulation. My room was right behind the elevator on the second floor, and I could hear the doors open and close, as well as the dings every time the elevator passed a floor. Very annoying. I mentioned this to the front desk and they told me that they were aware of this problem, not only from my floor, but from the 4th and 5th floors as well(the same row of rooms), but for some reason not on the 3rd floor. I read other peoples reviews of the traffic noise with the rooms on the side of I95, but Maybe I would have been better off with those rooms! Anyway, they are in the process of redoing the rooms like changing the carpeting and windows, as well as fixing the sound problem. Also the breakfast area was a bit small, but they're also taking care of that. They should be staring the remodeling soon, so they already know what has to be addressed. Other people had mentioned in their reviews about the area being seedy, as well as the "Gentlemen s Club" close by, but it was not a problem at all. Bottom line is it's a good choice.

Room Tip: Don't get a room behind the elevators!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
bestwesternHallndale, Administrative Assistant at BEST WESTERN Hollywood/Aventura, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear Neal F,

Thank you very much for taking time out of your busy schedule to write this review. First of all I want to apologize for the issues you encountered with your room due to the elevator noise. Like you mentioned we are aware of this problem and I am happy to tell you that renovations have started. Very soon all rooms will allow each guest to have a quiet night's sleep. We are waiting to welcome you back with open arms once all the renovations are completed.

307 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Sebastian, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

The staff was very friendly and the "continental" breakfast included scrambled eggs, and sausage. So why the three???? The room had such a heavy smell of citrus room deodorant my husband and I both had headaches. All we could imagine is that we requested a non- smoking and the previous occupant smoked and they were trying to disguise it.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
bestwesternHallndale, Administrative Assistant at BEST WESTERN Hollywood/Aventura, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Dear Jane T,

Thank you for taking the time to write this helpful review. I am very sorry to hear that you experienced issues with the air freshner that is used in the rooms. I understand that some air freshners may be stronger than others and I do apologize for this. It is nice to hear that you found our staff very friendly and enjoyed the complimentary breakfast. We do hope that you will come and visit us again very soon.

London, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

After a $35 taxi ride from the airport, we arrived at the hotel. I had called earlier in the week to see if I could get a room that wasn't located in the west wing as earlier reviews had identified that it was very noisy. Because I had booked the room through Hotwire, the west wing was all that was available to me regardless of whether the hotel was full or not. Those people booking throught the Best Western website were able to access the quieter rooms. Despite a sleeping pill and ear plugs, I didn't get much sleep! Descriptions of the noise from the on-ramp to the highway in other reviews are quite accurate! Having said all this, the hotel was clean and breakfast was decent.

I don't think that I would book here again if in the area. I would prefer a hotel that was quieter, closer to the airport and definitely had an airport shuttle!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Heather P,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to write this review. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you may have encountered because of the room location. I am happy to inform you that we are currently in the renovation process and all the highway facing rooms will become sound proof so that everyone can have a good night's sleep. It is also nice to hear that the cleanliness of the room and breakfast met your standards. I do hope that you have a change of heart and next time you visit Hallandale you'll stay with us once all the renovations are made.

Somerset, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

A great location right off of exit 18 I-95. make sure you ask for a room facing the parking lot to reduce the noise level coming form the highway. Only a few minutes from Hollywood and North Miami communities.

The free breakfast was very nice. It included fresh waffles, cereals, bagels, muffins, tarts, oatmeal, eggs, sausage, fruits, yogurt, breads, juices etc.

A complimentary USA today was available every day

Room included a microwave and refrigerator.

Room Tip: ask for a room facing the parking lot to reduce the noise level
Dear Andy_Somerset_23,

I wan tot thank you for taking the time to write this precious review. It is always lovely to hear that our guests spent a wonderful night at the hotel and that our great location was also helpful. I am also glad that you enjoyed breakfast on the morning and found that it fit your needs. We will be waiting to welcome you back with open arms on your next trip to Hallandale.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Used this hotel as a base when visiting the Sawgrass Mill. We had a nice quiet room facing the car park on a high floor which we had requested before we travelled. The breakfast was a nice start to the day although there was not enough tables for the amount of rooms in this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the car park are quieter.
Dear Scottish Travellers,

Thank you for taking the time to write this kind review. I am glad to hear that we were able to honor your request and you slept soundly each night. As for the breakfast, I do apologize if you experienced any inconvenience because of the limited space. At the moment we are beginning construction and the breakfast area will be expanded so that guests can enjoy breakfast comfortably. We do hope to welcome you back soon.

Denver
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Wake up call did not come at 5:30AM and made me late for my appointment. Room was next to elevator shaft and made noise all night. Parking lot was crowded with trucks. Room was loud from traffic from Strip Club next door.
I expected a refund from the Manager and they have NOT called me back.

Bad deal. Very upset. You can call me at 303 598 9921. Doug

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear DougFast,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our Best Western Hollywood/Aventura. I sincerely apologize for our staff missing your wake-up call at 5:30AM. New procedures have been put in place so that this issue does not occur again. I also apologize for the noise coming from the elevator. We are aware of the issue and are working on rectifying it at this moment. We have started construction which will make sure that all rooms are nice and quiet. As far as the gentlemen's club, I am sorry that this caused issues for you but unfortunately there is not much we can do. If you would still like to speak to us fell free to contact us at (954)456-8333. We are very sorry for all the inconveniences and are currently doing our best to fix the issues.

Miller Place, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

My family and I stayed at the Best Western Hollywood/Aventura Hotel for 3 nights. After not sleeping well on the first night because of the noise from the highway (95), I asked to be facing the parking lot which would be quieter. I was told that they couldn't accommodate me on the second night, but would request it for the 3rd night. Suffice it to say, the person on duty asked the manager and I was told all the rooms on the parking lot side were taken, and I would have to take the room on the side of the highway again. I didn't feel like arguing, so I accepted the room. This was not fair as I had requested to be moved for the 3rd night and had given them enough notice. The hotel is not in the best area, as there is a strip club next door. For me, the noise level from the highway was not acceptable.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
bestwesternHallndale, Administrative Assistant at BEST WESTERN Hollywood/Aventura, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear a k,

I really appreciate you taking the time to write a review and want to thank you for doing so. I do apologize that the front desk was not able to accommodate you in finding a room not facing the highway. However, we are currently starting renovations and all the windows will be replaced. This will eliminate the noise coming from the highway so that our guests can get a good night's rest. We do hope to welcome you back the next time you are in Hallandale when all the renovations are completed.

Best regards,

Been to BEST WESTERN Hollywood/Aventura? Share your experiences!