“Hard to get much sleep” 2 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Low Rate, Guaranteed
London, Canada
“Hard to get much sleep”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

After a $35 taxi ride from the airport, we arrived at the hotel. I had called earlier in the week to see if I could get a room that wasn't located in the west wing as earlier reviews had identified that it was very noisy. Because I had booked the room through Hotwire, the west wing was all that was available to me regardless of whether the hotel was full or not. Those people booking throught the Best Western website were able to access the quieter rooms. Despite a sleeping pill and ear plugs, I didn't get much sleep! Descriptions of the noise from the on-ramp to the highway in other reviews are quite accurate! Having said all this, the hotel was clean and breakfast was decent.

I don't think that I would book here again if in the area. I would prefer a hotel that was quieter, closer to the airport and definitely had an airport shuttle!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
bestwesternHallndale, Administrative Assistant at BEST WESTERN Hollywood/Aventura, responded to this review, January 26, 2013
Dear Heather P,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to write this review. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you may have encountered because of the room location. I am happy to inform you that we are currently in the renovation process and all the highway facing rooms will become sound proof so that everyone can have a good night's sleep. It is also nice to hear that the cleanliness of the room and breakfast met your standards. I do hope that you have a change of heart and next time you visit Hallandale you'll stay with us once all the renovations are made.

301 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Somerset, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

A great location right off of exit 18 I-95. make sure you ask for a room facing the parking lot to reduce the noise level coming form the highway. Only a few minutes from Hollywood and North Miami communities.

The free breakfast was very nice. It included fresh waffles, cereals, bagels, muffins, tarts, oatmeal, eggs, sausage, fruits, yogurt, breads, juices etc.

A complimentary USA today was available every day

Room included a microwave and refrigerator.

Room Tip: ask for a room facing the parking lot to reduce the noise level
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Andy_Somerset_23,

I wan tot thank you for taking the time to write this precious review. It is always lovely to hear that our guests spent a wonderful night at the hotel and that our great location was also helpful. I am also glad that you enjoyed breakfast on the morning and found that it fit your needs. We will be waiting to welcome you back with open arms on your next trip to Hallandale.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Used this hotel as a base when visiting the Sawgrass Mill. We had a nice quiet room facing the car park on a high floor which we had requested before we travelled. The breakfast was a nice start to the day although there was not enough tables for the amount of rooms in this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the car park are quieter.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Scottish Travellers,

Thank you for taking the time to write this kind review. I am glad to hear that we were able to honor your request and you slept soundly each night. As for the breakfast, I do apologize if you experienced any inconvenience because of the limited space. At the moment we are beginning construction and the breakfast area will be expanded so that guests can enjoy breakfast comfortably. We do hope to welcome you back soon.

Denver
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Wake up call did not come at 5:30AM and made me late for my appointment. Room was next to elevator shaft and made noise all night. Parking lot was crowded with trucks. Room was loud from traffic from Strip Club next door.
I expected a refund from the Manager and they have NOT called me back.

Bad deal. Very upset. You can call me at 303 598 9921. Doug

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

bestwesternHallndale, Administrative Assistant at BEST WESTERN Hollywood/Aventura, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear DougFast,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our Best Western Hollywood/Aventura. I sincerely apologize for our staff missing your wake-up call at 5:30AM. New procedures have been put in place so that this issue does not occur again. I also apologize for the noise coming from the elevator. We are aware of the issue and are working on rectifying it at this moment. We have started construction which will make sure that all rooms are nice and quiet. As far as the gentlemen's club, I am sorry that this caused issues for you but unfortunately there is not much we can do. If you would still like to speak to us fell free to contact us at (954)456-8333. We are very sorry for all the inconveniences and are currently doing our best to fix the issues.

Miller Place, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

My family and I stayed at the Best Western Hollywood/Aventura Hotel for 3 nights. After not sleeping well on the first night because of the noise from the highway (95), I asked to be facing the parking lot which would be quieter. I was told that they couldn't accommodate me on the second night, but would request it for the 3rd night. Suffice it to say, the person on duty asked the manager and I was told all the rooms on the parking lot side were taken, and I would have to take the room on the side of the highway again. I didn't feel like arguing, so I accepted the room. This was not fair as I had requested to be moved for the 3rd night and had given them enough notice. The hotel is not in the best area, as there is a strip club next door. For me, the noise level from the highway was not acceptable.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
bestwesternHallndale, Administrative Assistant at BEST WESTERN Hollywood/Aventura, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear a k,

I really appreciate you taking the time to write a review and want to thank you for doing so. I do apologize that the front desk was not able to accommodate you in finding a room not facing the highway. However, we are currently starting renovations and all the windows will be replaced. This will eliminate the noise coming from the highway so that our guests can get a good night's rest. We do hope to welcome you back the next time you are in Hallandale when all the renovations are completed.

Travelers are raving about these Hallandale Beach hotels

Udine, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

Rooms are clean and spacious, comfortable beds. It smells slightly of dump, but that is very common in Florida. One plus point is internet connection: in the entrance hall there are two computers available for customers, free to use. Breakfast is very basic, could be improved.
Convenient if you don't have a car: there's a bus stop just around the corner.
I would stay here again only if I get a good deal.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
bestwesternHallndale, Administrative Assistant at BEST WESTERN Hollywood/Aventura, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
Dear fuscol,

Thank you for your kind review. We are happy to hear that you found our rooms clean and comfortable. I'll make sure to share this review with our housekeeping department. It is always good to hear that our guests were able to take advantage of our location and internet access. We do hope to welcome you again. Be sure to call us directly to see what kind of deal we can work out for you.

Miami, Florida, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

My Boyfriend lives in the area so i booked this hotel. I was happy i got the room i wanted. My room was noise free and very clean. Nice staff. Cant wait to be back for spring break if i get a good rate.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

bestwesternHallndale, Adminitrative Assistant at BEST WESTERN Hollywood/Aventura, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear ladyshiloh19,

Thank you for your kind review of our Best Western. I am glad that you were able to enjoy your stay and found your accommodations pleasant. I will make sure to show the staff you wonderful review. We do hope to welcome you back during your spring break vacations.

Best regards,

Been to BEST WESTERN Hollywood/Aventura? Share your experiences!