“Several Small Issues Add-up to Unsatisfactory Stay” 2 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Sacramento
“Several Small Issues Add-up to Unsatisfactory Stay”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012

Negatives:

1. Constant I-95 traffic noise
2. Construction noise; sawing outside; pipe/hammer banging inside
3. Dusty hallways from renovations being done on my floor.
4. Electrical outlet failure one night from 9PM to 6AM.
5. Refrigerator setting broken; froze drinks, ruined food.
6. Musty room, water stained floor probably due to prior guest leaving sticking refrigerator door open, leaking condensation/water.
7. One morning some homeless looking guy (or drunk from the strip club next door) came in for the free breakfast, harassing some of the guests.
8. Nice big flat screen TV, terrible blurry picture. No HD feed. Even antenna TV now comes in HD!

Positives: Free in-room WI-FI, free breakfast buffet (whether you stay there or not!), nice furniture, clean bed sheets and towels. To escape the construction noise, I discovered that the strip club next door does offer a free lunch special...

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
bestwesternHallndale, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Hollywood/Aventura, responded to this review, March 26, 2012
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your positive and negative feedback. On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations.

We have taken some steps to improve our room standards. Below are some of the actions we took after your review.

1. Constant I-95 traffic noise
• We have expedited the replacement of windows on I-95, but Guest now do have a choice of requesting a room facing the parking lot

2. Construction noise; sawing outside; pipe/hammer banging inside
• All the bathrooms have been remodeled as of March and there is no construction going on at the hotel.

3. Dusty hallways from renovations being done on my floor.
• Hallways have been cleared of any dust after the completion of renovations.

4. Electrical outlet failure one night from 9PM to 6AM.
• We apologize for the failure of the outlet in your room but rest assured all the outlets in the property has been reexamined and certified by our maintenance department.

5. Refrigerator setting broken; froze drinks, ruined food.
• Non Functioning refrigerators have been replaced by new ones as of March, 2012.

• We were unable to find any leak in your room but the all of our rooms are now thoroughly checked twice a day.

• We don’t allow a non-guest to be in our breakfast area for any reason. After reviewing your comments we have extended the hours of our security guard to maintain safety and security for our guests during Morning Breakfast.

• All of our TV’s are Brand New and displays a high quality picture.

I wish I can go back in time and personally take care of all the issues in relation to your stay but by acknowledging and correcting the problems where necessary; I have made sure that our future guests can have a “Wonderful Stay”. I would like to offer you a complimentary night voucher for your next visit as a small gesture in appreciation of your patience in this matter. Please contact our Guest Relations Department at 954-456-8333 to confirm your address and past and future reservation details.

I can promise you as one of our valued customers, your satisfaction is one of our primary concerns. We do appreciate hearing from our customers, as their comments are vital for us to continue improving our accommodations.

Thank you again for your comments. We hope that you will give us another chance to serve you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2012 via mobile

My stay was very relaxing!! I will go back!! The room was cozy and the bed was awesome... The workers were very nice and very helpful.

• Stayed January 2012
Jacksonville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2012

Stayed for 2 nights while attending a conference on the beach. The hotel is adjacent to the interstate so the atmosphere is less than ideal, despite what the photos depict. Requested early check-in but the hotel could not accommodate. Ended up accepting a lesser room in order to change clothes and make it to the midafternoon conference start.

Lobby and halls are not bright and when paired with the dark earth tones, looked dingy. The rooms are advertised as refurbished but the furniture shows tlme-worn nicks and dings. It is older property with a fresh coat of paint.

Amenities included flat screen TV, microwave and mini fridge. The microwave turntable was broken but otherwise worked okay. Wireless internet worked okay. Bed was comfortable and we heard no highway noise but we were on the parking lot side of the property.

Woke up the first morning to find the power was out. Called the front desk and the flustered clerk offered to change our rooms. But in the dark at 6am it would have been near impossible to repack and relocate. He then offered a different room for us to shower. When I got to the desk, they located the problem as a tripped breaker. Power restored. Shower had some mold on some of the caulking but hot water and water pressure was good.

Hotel has a small dining area and the usual mix of hotel breakfast foods. I did not eat but wife reports it was "okay."

There is some ongoing room renovation during the day. The better dining opportunities are near the beach and not near the hotel.

Overall it is a good $59 hotel but not worth the $77/night we paid.

Room Tip: Avoid interstate facing rooms
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2012

A good 3* hotel, similar to the Holiday Inn Express concept. Ideally situated, simple and clean with a good and friendly front desk. Stayed a week, location suited my purpose.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the highway because of the noise. Fortunately earplugs are provided.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for one night less than two weeks ago, and to be honest it's an okay place. There was apprehension (more from me, I'll admit) upon approaching the hotel, as the location does not appear to be the best. Appearances can be deceiving, however, as the interior- both the lobby and the room we stayed in- was pleasant and clean. What was *not* cleaned was a puddle of unidentified chunky liquid in the hallway which was there for the duration of our stay. Workers were remodelling nearby rooms well into the evening, but we didn't notice any noises from them while trying to sleep. I actually appreciated the provided earplugs mentioned in the previous review (and the smell I noticed wasn't from chemicals; I think it was just that part of Florida). I also thought it was nice that they provided a computer in the lobby for internet access. The staff was friendly and helpful as well, recommending a local restaurant (which we actually didn't go to; we found a great place nearby called Acqua 124 instead) on the night we arrived. If you want a basic hotel, this place is just fine; for me, I'd probably spend a few extra bucks next time and stay elsewhere.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
bestwesternHallndale, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Hollywood/Aventura, responded to this review, January 20, 2012
Dear Guest,

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 954-456-8333.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012 via mobile

This is a poor attempt at a cheap remodel of what mustve been a welfare hotel. Very dated and designed for abuse. It may be somewhat clean inside, but every room has an overpowering odor of chemicals suited for masking the smell of dead bodies. It is unreal. I checked at least 4 rooms. The bed has prison mattresses. Some outlets didnt work, some lights and the clock didnt either. The fridge leaked some unknown fluids into the carpet, the hallways are filthy and the staff is indifferent. The neighborhood is a very sketchy industrial low rent area with a strip club adjacent to it. (the hotel has free drink coupons for it - yay) and 95 behind it. The highway facing rooms provide free ear plugs. Thats not a joke. I didn't see bugs but wouldn't be the least but surprised if they were there. The place gave me the willies. There are no decent places to eat nearby. If in this area avoid anything west of Dixie hwy, or to be safe Biscayne Blvd.

• Stayed January 2012
bestwesternHallndale, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Hollywood/Aventura, responded to this review, January 10, 2012
Dear Guest,

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 954-456-8333.

Guest Relations Manager.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

This Hotel is located 15 Meters away from I 95 , the windows are in a quality they do not avoid any noise.
Strange smell in this over old equipped hotel, just to add an LCD Screen in this does not mean
you did an renovation. This is a shame for the whole best western group, they should simple brake it down.
staff friendly, may be they also feel sad about this situation.
to take 140 Dollars here for a night is simple a nightmare for this hotel group.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to BEST WESTERN Hollywood/Aventura? Share your experiences!