“Great Everytime!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Matteo's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Matteos bring's a taste of Italy right here at home. The Sorrentino & Sbarro families from New York have been serving delicious platters of Italian comfort food for the past 25 years, and continue to do so at all of their nine landmark locations from New York to Florida. Eating dinner at Matteos is always an event whether with that special someone, the family or everyone you know. Contact us for your next party. Take out will never be the same once you take our intensely fresh cooking home to enjoy.
“Great Everytime!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

The pasta amatriciana is to die for! The antipasto salad with their dressing is like no other and the veal with mushroom sauce or parmegianna is truly out of this world. Cannot get better Italian outside of NYC than Matteo's. You will NOT go wrong. Wow!

Visited July 2012

Winter Haven, Florida
“EXCELLENT family-style NY Italian restaurant!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

An old high school friend who lives in Coral Gables with her husband suggested this restaurant as a dinner rendevous between them and our resort in Boca Raton.

It was WONDERFUL!!! Travel time on a Friday evening on I-95 was not outrageous (summer). Good wines by the glass. Large portions of food... FAMILY STYLE! Be Aware!! Our friends got two different veal dishes, both looked fabulous, the "kid's portion" of spaghetti was more than I could have eaten. My husband had Chilean Sea Bass Francese style. PERFECT!! Size appropriate if you order nothing else. Price was reasonble for this fish in a restaurant, especially how well it was prepared and served!
I LOVED the NY Baked clams! Yes, they are small..but the bread crumbs, butter and garlic were wonderful!! I am not a big eater and the full order of 12 clams was just the right selection for me!!!
Ricky's service before we were served our meal was impeccable!!! After we were served...we couldn't find him...had to ask a bus attendant to get our server so I could order another glass of wine. The attendant simply asked what wine I wanted and brought me a glass!! Chalk that up to great service for him!!
It got busier around the 7 pm hour, but restaurant was almost empty shortly after 9 pm.
Save room the the MOST MARVELOUS CANNOLI EVER!!! Imagine.... small waffle cone.. cannoli filling, spilling out everywhere!!!! Delicious!

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
christina h, Owner at Matteo's Restaurant, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We are glad to have hosted a great evening for your friends and family. We do look forward to hosting you again. If you are ever in the neighborhoods of Boca Raton, Fl or Roslyn & Huntington New York area, we hope to host you again. Best Regards!
Bucks County, PA
“best town has...i guess”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

horrible environment...dead flies in window....bland decor....located in a seedy strip mall...buuut;

the bread rocked...i mean really good...fried zucchini was delicious and perfectly done, the chicken parm was right on...veal special was nasty....overall food was above average and very authntic

Visited July 2012
Fort lauderdale
“Delicious Italian Cooking”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Great family style restaurant recommended for four people or more. Love their baked clams, burndt string beans and their delicious Pomodoro Sauce...All their dishes are tasty and they have a great wine selection. Atmosphere is semi-casual and a bit on the pricey side.

• Visited September 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Gloucester, Virginia
“Expected to see Robert Irvine”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

When we stepped into the restaurant I thought I was stepping into a episode of Restaurant Impossible and expected Robert Irvine to show up at any minute. The atmosphere here is terrible, it is nothing but table after table so close to each other that everytime a waiter passed behind me he bumped into my chair, after the first 5 times it became very annoying. Out waiter was very arrogant and acted as if we were bothering him by being there. There were only 4 people total in the dining room (us plus 2) but it took forever for the waiter to even come to our table. The thought of getting up and leaving was in my head when he finally came to the table. The food was good but nothing to get excited over or to have to wait as long as we did. I would not go back or recommend this place to anyone.

• Visited April 2012