“Nice!!!!” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
California
“Nice!!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2007

stayed here on business. We were working at Gulfstream Park, right across from the hotel, so location was excellent. No room service, but it had a Steak and Shake, or something like that, right in the front parking lot. It was good food. Burgers, etc. Nice people. Let me tell you about this hotel room. Nothing special. But, I usually don't get a good nights rest at any place other than my home. At this hotel, I slept like a baby. The beds didn't smell like hotel beds and they were comfortable. That was an unexpected surprise. And we stayed there for 3 nights, and all 3 nights I slept like a baby. And the free breakfast was great. Eggs, sausages, fruit salad, cereal, biscuits, fruit and great coffee. Very nice. And, it had a small gym which I'll use next time I'm there. (This Febuary) They had a small mall about 2 minutes away, with a Target, Whole Foods (Where we ate most of our meals) a Best Buy and a few other stores. And a gas station down the street. And we were about 20 minutes by the freeway away from the airport. (The airport was crazy there.)
But the hotel was great. Loved it!!!

• Liked — The BEDS!!!! Comfy!!!!!!!!
  • Disliked — Nothing I can think of
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Indianapolis, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2006

We stayed for two days prior to our cruise in May, 2006. The hotel is very clean and seems fairly new. Although the neighborhood behind the hotel is somewhat depressed, the parking lot is well lit and there are several restaurants and shoppings centers nearby that are very nice; including the Aventura Mall which houses the Cheescake Factory. A Steak and Shake Restaurant is on the lot with the hotel.

The hotel has a nice outdoor pool and a typical, somewhat small but adequately equipped exercise room. The breakfast area had plenty of complimentary food items in the morning (not just cold cereal), and hot coffee and tea all day. Occasionally, fresh baked cookies were available at the front desk for free. There was also a computer in the lounge with free internet access.

We found the room to be clean, quiet, and comfortable; no nearby highway noise was noted (we were in the rear.)

Overall, we found this hotel to be a great choice if you want to save a few dollars but not have to stay in a run-down place to do so. Although we weren't on the beach, it was OK because the beach was only a short drive away and by not staying on the beach we saved a lot of money.

The drive to the cruise ship in Miami was about 20 minutes.

• Liked — Cleanliness and ammenities for the price
  • Disliked — Location- had to drive to the beach
  • Tips/Secrets — Visit the Aventura Mall (2 miles south) for plenty of shopping and dining options
  • Stayed May 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Graz
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2006

This hotel has a high quality standard like most Hampton Inns. It is located off a minor higway through Hallandale, right behind a fastfood restaurant. Location is quiet and clan and seems to be on the safe side of town. I read the hotel was built in 2002. The building has 8 floors, behind the building is a small swimminpool area with a few chairs, facing west.

Our main problems was the noise from the elevators that are located in the middle of the building. No, you did not hear them when they arrived at your floor, you hear some banging all day and night when they are somewhere else, probably whenever the doors open and close and open and close and ... and they start to go...but I think sometimes when the elevator is not used it just starts opening and closing doors every few seconds and you will hear it.This banging noise sounds like someone slamming doors (but it is no one slamming doors!) drives you crazy, especially during night! If you imagine how big this building is with its 8 floors, you can imagine the noise coming up from ground floor must be heavy.

First they gave us a room adjacent to the elevators, our heads would have been right lying at that wall. We asked to change rooms which was no problem (though they did not put us far away, just opposite). It was a bit better but believe me you will hear that bang bang every few seconds all night and day long. Sometimes there is a break, I suppose when the elevators are running up and down.

If it is not the elevators that keeps you from sleeping it is the noisy air condition. Even when you have turned that one in your room off you will hear you neigbour ones as loud as some tractor starting the engine... (ok, it is a bit less loud than that).

Nevertheless, front staff was very helpful to put us into another room, and I had to go back once when the electronic keys did not work. They always were very friendly, polite. They provide cookies for you in the afternoon at front desk. In the morning you get a complementary newspaper. They sometimes put it under your door which might wake you up. There is much light in the room from the corridors outside from under the doors.

The room itself was a very nicely decorated one, spacious and bright, facing west. We got 2 queens – all new beds as it seems with a stack of pillows. Very comfortable, very high beds. You do not have to bend down to get into bed.

There was a very decorative mirror with blue border around it, a spacious desk with free internet access (wireless plus a cable). A chair and a kind of recliner chair. A few bright lamps decorate the room. There is no refrigerator nor a microwave or a safe in room. You will find a small closet with ironing equipment. The room is decorated in blue and brown colours, real wooden furniture in there. The curtains are so decorative! TV has a big screen, with about 20 or 30 channels, some channels do not work properly though.

The bathroom is spacious, sink, toilet and tub in there. Tiles on the floors. They must have a probleme with sewage though as it stank from the toilet all the time. Water pressure was very good and plenty of hot water for the shower. A wide range of toiletries is provided and you get a huge stack of towels. They have decorative wall papers in there with palms on them.

Internet access was not really fast and we could not get any e mails out, as it was too slow for that and produced time out every now and then. Surfing the net was ok.

Lobby is a very attractive place with lots of Christmas decoration, the breakfast room is adjacent and spacious with lots of tables and chairs and a small business center in there. Breakfast was Hampton Inn quality with a big variety of food and coffee, tea, juice and hot chocolate. You get yogurt as well as fresh fruit and something hot as well. What I missed was oatmeal but they have a big assortment of Kellogs.

If it was not for that noise from the elevators we would have had a great stay, as the quality of the whole place is very high.

• Liked — Cleanliness and decorations, furniture....
  • Disliked — noisy elevators
  • Tips/Secrets — do only stay here when noise does not prevent you from sleeping
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled with family
Guernsey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2006

I don't know how anyone could write a bad review about this hotel! I'm struggling to think of anything bad about it! We have stayed in many hotels on this trip - driving round Florida with our 3 kids - and this was one of the best. Which is surprising considering it is not a suite. The room was spacious enough for us. The location is very convenient - right on the US-1and easy to find. $20 cab ride from Pro Players Stadium, a short drive to Aventura Mall and about 40 minutes to Sawgrass Mills Mall, also close to I-95. The room was nice and spacious, and the beds were really great, incredibly clean and comfortable - better than sleeping at home! The room had a large desk with a cable for internet access (they provide you with an access code with your room keys, I had no problems connecting and it was lightening fast. Our room also had wireless). Breakfast was great, the staff was tremendously helpful and polite. When we checked in we were greeted with the most wonderful smell... freshly baked cookies waiting for us! I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2006, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2006

Needed a place to stay near Pembroke Park as my husband and I were visiting relatives. Saw the bad reviews for the Best Western so we picked the Hampton Inn.
There were not many choices. I have stayed at Hampton Inns before and found them to be pretty average or below. This Hampton Inn is fairly new and very nice. My husband and I were pleasantly surprised. The staff was friendly. Free breakfast in the morning which was adequate. The rooms were decorated nicely. The beds were comfortable and I am picky.

We would stay again if we were visiting relatives.

• Stayed March 2006
Key Largo, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2005

I stayed here for 4 nights in July for a business trip and was really pleasantly surprised at the above average customer service I received. I've travelled a lot for work, so I know what regular service is, and this is much better then normal for a hotel in this price range.

When I arrived, parking was easy and quick, and Carmen checked me in quickly and very nicely. Be aware, though- if you're asked to present a credit card for "incidentals", your card will be charged/funds held in the amount of $50. I gave them my card not realizing this and was really strapped for money, as this was a last minute business trip. However, when I discovered the funds held, I called down and spoke to Carmen and she hand delivered me a nice Hampton Inn mug full of delicious chocolates plus a $25 gift card for The Cheesecake Factory (at the Aventura mall, just minutes away). She couldn't undo the problem in time to help me, but she was very sweet and more then made up for it with her effort to make up for it. I've had issues at other Hampton Inns and actually had a manager shout at me over a phone charge, so this is a refreshing change. Misunderstandings occur, but it's nice to see a staff that tries hard to make ammends instead of treating you like you're an inconvenience.

The room I had was very clean, modern looking with pretty bedding and new furniture. The bathroom is stocked with shampoo, conditioner, moisturizer, and mouthwash (and soap). The shower has a bowed curtain rod so there's lots of room, although the water pressure in the shower wasn't very good. I didn't watch TV, but the set looks new, the sheets are soft and cozy, and the bed is very comfortable. AC works fine and is completely adjustable.

The pool is pretty good- not fancy nice, but clean enough and there are shady areas and lounge chairs provided.

This is an exceptionally quiet hotel. I worked third shift when I was here, and I slept like a baby all day long and didn't hear a thing. Usually the daytime is full of noise- maids yelling to one another, vaccuums, etc, but it's just really quiet here.

Oh, free internet access too- there are computers in the lobby area already set up- you can go right online and check your e-mail or whatever you want. There are also ethernet cables in the rooms, and free wi-fi in room, which worked great and was reliable and fast.

Breakfast is good- usually a hot entree and also cold items, like cereal, fruit, yogurt and the like. Bagels and toast, and one morning some sort of marbled cake that the breakfast host was bringing around to the tables. The breakfast area is staffed all morning and is spotlessly maintained. There are also a variety of juices, as well as coffee and tea (and cocoa).
There are microwaves available for customer use 24 hours a day, as well.

Speaking of food, there is no in house restaurant, but there is a Steak and Shake right sharing the same parking lot. Try the beef veggie soup, skip the burgers.

As I said, I was here for work, but there is a lot to do for pleasure. The Aventura mall is literally 5 minutes away, and is a huge shopping center with everything you could want.
-----
Higher end stores, but also plenty of down to earth ones, several large play areas for the kids, and a really nice movie complex. Several great restaurants too, such as Cheesecake Factory.

The beach is just minutes away, too- do a u-turn, then go about a mile past the hotel, a right on Hallandale Blvd and go straight until you see water. On the way to the beach there are some less expensive fast food places also, and a Pulbix market if you need groceries or beach snacks.

I went down Hallandale Blvd, took a left at the end and drove maybe 1.5 miles until I saw a side street with metered parking. The beach area was really quite nice and very quiet. Easy to get to from this hotel.

All in all I had a very positive experience here and would stay again in a heartbeat. I forgot my roomkey a few times and the staff was so polite and nice to me- never acted like it was an inconvenience to take care of what I needed. Highly recommended.

• Stayed July 2005, traveled on business
St. Louis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2005

We stayed here February 10-12, 2005 and were DELIGHTED! The management must have heard about earlier reivews regarding front desk staff problems because when we arrived, we were greeted by Alexander Raven and he was SUPERB! Efficient, friendly, offered us a choice of room locations...absolutely the best in customer service. It was the kind of experience we have found only at Ritz-Carlton class hotels thus far.
The property is probably one of the nicest Hampton Inns anywhere...brand-new, soft yellows and blues, deluxe bedding. An excellent value for the price. Would stay here again in a heartbeat. You will be pleased!

Been to Hampton Inn Hallandale Beach/Aventura? Share your experiences!