“Best White Clam Sauce in Town” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Best White Clam Sauce in Town”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Enjoyed the food at this busy family style restaurant. Baked Clams and White Clam Sauce were the best. Service was excellent. My wife and I have been Mateos fans since our first visit. Love the veal chop Mateos with tomatoes & basil. If you're going for the first time note: most small portions will serve two people.

“Family style at its best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

If you do not have a reservation - forget about it!

Food and service is great. Try the chicken Matteo. The small order will feed two easily.
Portions are large and the quality is up there.
I had the veal pizziola and it was great.
If you go as a group order the family size portions and share.
Wine list is good.
Deserts looked good but we had no room.

Wish we had this chain in Toronto.

Visited December 2013
West Hempstead, New York
“Very noisy”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

Not happy that they did not have our reservation for 6 people and really didn't seem to care. They got us a table, but very crowded and noisy. The food is just average and not worth the hassle. Not very customer friendly.

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Deerfield beach
“A bit disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

I took my mother for dinner tonight for the first time to Matteo's. the place was packed on a Sunday night which I saw as a good sign. We were seated rather quick by an overly friendly floor manager it appeared. Service was slow albeit friendly, food far below average, the baked penne with ricotta cheese was tasteless and they ran out of bread at 7:30 pm. I guess they had a lot more business than expected but it was not pleasant to hear the manager screaming table side to some employees on the other side of the restaurant in numerous occasion, this is how I was approached by him upon my request for bread: "Papo, I sent for bread but I don't know how long it will take" with a tap on my shoulder from across the divider. Yet they were packed so who am I do judge...

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Horrible dinning experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

About 3 weeks ago I went with my boyfriend and we found a hair in his food . When the manager came to our table he didn't apologize he just said " I don't have anybody in my kitchen with hair that long " . Really? Total disappointment . Until that day I used to like that place I wouldn't recommended . :(

• Visited May 2013