“Best pizza in the country” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Delivery, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Located at Diplomat Mall
Description: Piola's great pizza, Italian cuisine and dynamic ambiance is now available to South Broward and North Dade residents and visitors. Come and be part of the Piola experience, we are conveniently located in the Diplomat Mall on Hallandale Beach Boulevard. At Piola, the most genuine Italian tradition of simple and delicious food combines cleverly with a particular service and ambiance for the demanding and modern customer, who chooses Piola aware of the fact that feeling comfortable is as important as eating well. People from all walks of life and backgrounds meet and gather at Piola, since they are sure to find their own space in an atmosphere that balances freedom and well being with good taste.
“Best pizza in the country”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

I go to Piola once a week! Monday, Tuesday and Wednesdays they have price specials and I love a good deal on a great product. My recommendations would be the Portuguesa and the Rio de Janeiro pizzas. This place has friendly staff, speedy service and a wonderful thin crust pizza with top shelf ingredients. I personally believe this place to have the best pizza in the U.S.A. I recently traveled to Italy for 2 1/2 weeks and I don't think I had any better pizza while there.

Do yourself a favor and go!

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Florida
“Not consistent!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

If I would have been writing this review after our first visit at Piola, it would have received 4-5 stars. After our second visit there, that unfortunately changed.
The first time we were there, the Pasta we ordered was really delicious, that's why we came back a week later. Unfortunately this time, the same pasta tasted totally different, and not in a good way. The table next to us also complained about their Pizza, which they said is usually good, but this time it tasted awful.
Maybe they had a different chef that night, but I hope the next time we go back there (if we go back) it will be as good as our first time.
One thing I love though - their freshly made lemonade - really delicious!

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Miami Beach, Florida
“Best pizza in relaxed restaurant that serves consistently great food, service and value.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

We have been going to this restaurant for over three years sometimes weekly and other times every few months. The pizza is the best anywhere,the pasta is amazing, the Cheese gnocchi featuring Brie is to die for. Very light gnocchi that is smooth and creamy. Every dish I have ever had has always been amazing. We live in South Beach where there is another Piola, but cannot compete. We drive up to this Piola which is the best! The manager Andrew always remembers his customers and does an awesome job keeping food and service Consistent. A miracle in South Florida!!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Aventura, Florida
“Good for the money”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

I went to Piola a few times , and they have a very decent meal for the money , place is clean and the service is good , price average ,and the quality of the food is decent .

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Brooklyn, New York
“LOVED THE PIZZA”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

My family and I dined here twice on our recent trip to Hallandale Beach. We mainly had the pizza but I did order the bruschetta and it was delicious. We ordered plain pizza and one with olives and pepperoni. Both were excellent. We loved the thin crust. The service was OK but they were busy the second time we were there. The first time the service wasn't good and they were slow.

I prefer the outside seating because I think the inside is too gloomy and dark. It's jsut too hot to sit outside most days.

Prices are reasonable.