“A real gem of a place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Mannys chophouse haines city florida

Mannys chophouse haines city florida
2056 Hemingway Ave, Haines City, FL
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
London
“A real gem of a place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

If you want a nice drive out for a GREAT meal then this is the place. Be warned its always busy!!! They do amazing food at such great prices. The staff are all polite and helpful. We love the decor in there with number plates. The portions are massive and the desserts yum yum yum. Make sure you leave room for one.

Visited July 2013

edinburgh
“A must if you visit orlando”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I have been here on both trips to olrando, fantastic food for very little money, great atmosphere and freindly staff

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lakeland, Florida, United States
“Food was good, but not great.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

Yesterday my parents, my wife, and I went to the Mannys chophouse that just opened up in Lakeland. The atmosphere was unique, the staff was friendly and attentive, and the manager came around to every table to make sure that everything was satisfactory. The amount of food you recieve for your money makes this restaurant a great value.

The only negative for this place, which was a big one for me and my family was the quality of the food. We went here knowing that this wasn't going to be like Charlie's Steakhouse, Flemmings, or Normans ( some of the high end steakhouses in the area). That said the general consensus between the four of us was that everything we had was good, but nothing to write home about.We ordered buffalo shrimp as an app. which we marginal ( can think of more than a few local places that do it much better). I ordered the rack of lamb which was overcooked and underseasoned. My dad ordered the Ribeye which was overcooked and cut too thin for that type of steak. My mom ordered the bacon wrapped shrimp, which were more like shrimp with bacon bits sprinkled on them and didn't have a lot of flavor.

With as good as the staff was from the managers to the bus boys I really do hate to knock this place. But for a place that is only open for dinner ( except on Sundays) because they cut their steaks daily and brag about going the extra mile to bring such good food to the customer... I expected a better end result when it came to the food we ordered.My personal opinion is that a restaurant that specializes in steak should be able to cook steak/lamb/etc to teh correct temperature every time. I tried my dads Ribeye and can honestly say that I can go to Outback, LongHorns, or Texas Cattle Co. for a better steak. And I feel the same way about the rack of lamb I ordered.

Do try this place though, maybe my experience was out of the norm. With it being a new location, maybe the cook hadn't been fully trained or maybe they were short staffed in the kitchen which lead to the subpar food.

Bottom line, not saying I wouldn't go back but this isn't the first place I'd go the next time I want to go out for a steak.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Bangor, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
“the place to be”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

mannys chop house is so popular you will always have to wiat for a table but believe me the wait is well worth it. great atmosphere and friendly staff. steaks are delicious but the best by far are the pork chops, they are definitely worth the wait. you need to try it.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Dorval, Canada
“You get more than you pay for”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed in Haines city three times so far but this was the first time we tried this restaurant it was worth the wait food was very good, bartender made me a perfect martini we were 4 adults we all ate well and the price was surprisingly affordable its on our to do list for our next visit.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere