“Clean, Friendly, Fresh” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Palm Harbor, Florida
“Clean, Friendly, Fresh”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

Great place for lunch. Small, clean cafe, with friendly servi,ce. I had the pressed Cuban Sandwich. It was loaded with marinated chunks of pulled pork, ham, cheese, pickles. One of the best pressed cubans I've ever had. Also, growing up in a Spanish household, I'm very picky about the black beans. The black beans were out of this world, it would have made my grandmother envious! Great place.

Visited August 2012

Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
“Wonderful find”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

We went to St. Pete Beach this year for 4 weeks and went to Gulfport for the first time ever (we have been going to St Pete for 30 years) and fell in love with the town. Every time we went we were there early in the day and would go to Stella's next door for breakfast. We saw Tangelo's specials every time but we were not there for lunch or dinner. On the last full day of our vacation we once again went down to Gulfport and finally went to Tangelo's for lunch, I had the Grouper Po Boy and my husband had the red pepper burger.........both were awesome and so filling. Lisa, our server and the owner, was spoiling our dog Mollie the entire time we were there. The sangria was refreshing and my husband was drinking the blueberry beer. Lisa suggested that he try the tangerine beer that was on tap, so he had one for dessert while I had the key lime pie, we both left very happy. My only complaint is that we did not go there more!!!!

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Columbia, South Carolina
“Big disappointment”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

We went during the first Friday event and should have been suspicious. Most other restaurants were packed and the Tangelo was fairly empty. But we went in anyway and ordered the chicken special. I've always thought that is was difficult to ruin chicken, but they somehow managed to cook it dry. Next time we'll stick with the crowded restaurants.

Visited May 2012
Mendota Heights, Minnesota
“Worked our way through the exciting menu!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

While wandering around Gulfport one day, we found Tangelo's where the friendly and knowledgeable waitress encouraged us to try a Cuban sandwich, beans and rice and a Grouper Burrito! We did and we were so pleased with the food and the service and we had such a lovely lunch that we came back the next evening for dinner and then again one more time that week for lunch. The night we had dinner they had the Cat Stevens concert on the TV and we enjoyed that, too! This is a place that has recorded music always playing, but it isn't blaring and it isn't obnoxious!! The people are SO friendly and love to chat and give you tips about other great things to see while in the area! Great service, great food and sweet atmosphere...Sidewalk dining is also available and it is worth it to sit there while the Swing Dancers walk by going to Swing Dance get together at the "Casino" in Gulfport.

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Sweet Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

I had a great veggie burger over salad and cinnamon ice tea. We watched classic Billy Joel music videos and cooled off inside. My husband had a cuban sandwich. The prices were outrageously reasonable, the waitress was sweet and the service was great.

Visited May 2012