“YUM YUM YUM” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Dessert, Late Night, Reservations
Utrecht, The Netherlands
“YUM YUM YUM”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014 via mobile

As always -fresh and healthy. Terrific service. Reasonable prices. Love the sidewalk seating. Only place I know to get real Calamari...not sliced and breaded..served as it is in Italy ...as a steak with lots of garlic. It's what I come for!

Visited June 2014

“Never again!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

Ate hear a few months back and was good. This visit was terrible--and expensive! Avoid the "unpriced" specials--all cost about $10 more than any entrees on the regular menu (specials cost about $25 each)..and avoid the unpriced wine that the server pushes...Our mediocre, unpriced bottle of Chianti--which the server pushed ended up costing $55!..Salmon special was blah... Have had better crab chowder from a can; Shrimp over ravioli special was tasteless..and on top of it all, our legs got mosquito-bitten (and we sat indoors!). We won't be back!

. Sat inside and legs got very mosquito-bitten.

• Visited June 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
St. Petersburg, Florida
“It's all about the Atmosphere - nothing more and nothing less”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

I've eaten at Pia's several times over the past years... but last night may be the "LAST" night.

The dining experience there seems to be either fantastic or just NOT satisfying. We started off with cold bread; I remember when the bread used to be fresh and hot from the oven - no longer it is, and it makes one wonder why they still bother to wrap it into a towel if served cold anyhow.

After the salad arrived we had to wait to get our waiters attention because - as usual - there was no silverware. Maybe the staff needs some corporate training?

The main meal was just adding to the dining experience with cold bread and missing silverware because one should be prepared for that a staple like pasta should be perfect - No/Yes? The food was amazing; the pasta tasted like paste and the meat was almost too tough to cut. I would have turned the dish back but I was invited and did not want to argue over bad food.

Maybe Pia's management will someday catch on to the fact that they are losing some locals as customers, because when it comes to all these fantastic ratings on TripAdvisor Pia's Trattoria does not live up to their own ratings. Gulfport is not a very big town, but if Pia's wants to compete with other Italian restaurants, they must start to re-improve their quality of food and invest in training their service personal.

Right now for the prices Pia's Trattoria charges one can expect more for a buck than what is offered. Pia's no longer is a fine dining experience as there is no consistency in the three products they are offering: Food + Service + Atmosphere! I think for now even Carrabas would be the better value for time and money spend...

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Really good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Went there with some old friends. The restaurant was in an old house and we got seated in side room which made it very comfortable for all of us. We all got the specials and none of us were disappointed. I had the pork shanks-had never seen those on a menu, or even in a grocery store and they were delicious, served with a mushroom risotto. Have to watch it because when you start adding in appetizers/salads/soups/drinks, it can add up quicker than you realize, but nothing can detract from the quality of the food.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
St. Pete Beach, Florida
“Fantastic. A little gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

This was my second visit to this restaurant, and again it was worth the drive. The soup was awesome and the panini, well what can I say I can still taste it in my mouth hours latter it was that good. The staff are friendly the toilets clean and the food great, lunch never disappoints if you are anywhere near Gulfport make it a part if your trip you will not be disappointed and you will go Back I'm already planning my next visit

Visited June 2014