“GREAT DINING EXPERIENCE” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Leesburg, Florida
“GREAT DINING EXPERIENCE”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

I LOVE this place.. Food is always great! Service is wonderful & friendly. Unique atmosphere & menu. If you haven't been here you must try it! Breakfast on weekends are great, best lunch in the area & many exotic items on the dinner menu. Also the kids can visit the animals in the barnyard.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Ocala, Florida
“Nice place for lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

My son and I stopped in for lunch after a morning spent hang gliding. Very personable staff. We both had items of the daily specials board: buffalo burger for him, catfish po-boy for me. We were both pleased by the portion and the presentation. Bottom-less tea glass. Will be a repeat customer.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Florida
“Very good food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

My family and I have eaten dinner here many times over the last 6 years and have never had any complaints! The food is outstanding, we have had just about everything on the menu and all of it is very good. You can tell that they care about the quality of the food they serve, even the presesentation is top notch!
My husband and I went there for lunch for the first time last month, the food was equally as good as the dinner fare and the amount they give you is huge! Great food and decent prices!
I'm so glad we live near this restaurant!
Hint:Try the spinach stuffed mushrooms! There like nothing you've ever had before!

• Visited March 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Windermere, Florida
“Redneck Gourmet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

OK, I must admit we had never heard of this place - even having lived in the Orlando area for 33 years. Luck was on our side when I purchased a "Groupon" last week for the Red Wing Restaurant. The menu here is diverse ranging from the old southern staples of catfish, pork chops, country fried steak and various fish dishes. However, if you'd like to take ride to the "wild" side they also offer quail, alligator, wild boar, venison, game sausage, buffalo burgers, and elk chops all depending on the time of year / availability. This place is as casual as it gets, but the food is as gourmet as a 5-star restaurant. The chef definitely knows his way around the kitchen! For lunch we ordered the buffalo burger, which was cooked to perfection and served with a bowl of "loaded potato" soup, the ceasar salad topped with fried green tomatoes - amazing, and the blackened prime rib sandwich which came with a fresh garden salad. Then we topped it off with a fabulous piece of orange cake. This place is a gem in the rough. Our waitress Mandy was pleasant and VERY knowledgeable about everything on the menu. Don't let the Groveland address discourage you from trying this amazing little restaurant. The drive is pleasant and well worth it - don't want to drive after dark - no problem. Visit them for breakfast Sat & Sun. only 8 - 11:30 -kids 9 and under eat free breakfast, or for lunch Mon. - Sun. 11 - 2. Dinner is served Mon. - Sat. 4:30 - 9. They do offer some wonderful specials; Mon. - all-u-can-eat crab legs $24.99, Wed. - all-u-can-eat fried quail $18.99. They also offer a "smaller portion" menu Sun. - Thurs. 4:30 - 7:00 for $9.99 with limited selections. Oh, there's a small animal farm on the property that you can visit also. We were told that most of these animals were rescued by the restaurant owner. Now that's what I call a GREAT guy!!! Our first visit was wonderful and we can't wait to come back for dinner.

• Visited April 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Orlando, Florida
“A quaint little place to get unique local food...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

My dad and I went here a while back- they have great food with such an interesting menu of local game- quail, alligator, rabbit, and wild boar. It is considered a "red neck restaurant"- worth a try. They always have specials and kids eat free breakfast. They have limited hours, so call or check the website before you head out there.