“Nice place for a day visit” 3 of 5 stars

Type: Neighborhoods
Attraction Details
Oxford, Pennsylvania
4 attraction reviews
“Nice place for a day visit”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

This is an interesting destination, the place is truly “Old Florida”, dark, musty with a lot of old buildings in a colorful setting. The shops are an interesting mix of local and imported art, antiques and eclectic items. We had lunch at the Village Chalet and sat outside with Abbey. The waiter was polite and the food was prepared and served quickly. The fish sandwich was excellent, fresh and tasty. The burger was also great with Buffalo mozzarella and fresh basil. After lunch, we stopped in an antique store. The owner was very friendly and gave us lots of local history (and color) of the Square. All around the square were cats and raccoons just watching the world go by. Unfortunately, there were many places vacant, perhaps a sign of the times but Cauley Square is worth at least one trip while in the area.

Visited February 2013

Lake Worth, Florida
“Never again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

I brought my girlfriend here, as I remembered it as quaint with good food and service. It's still quaint, but that's all that's the same.

We had a simple order; coffee, tea and ambrosia. The teapot contained lukewarm water. As my girlfriend later said "how can you mess up hot water?". By not heating it sufficiently. The coffee was also lukewarm, frankly just this side of cold.

My girlfriend takes her tea with milk. Our server said they didn't have any. Really? A restaurant that had NO milk? I find that hard to believe.

The ambrosia was "marshmallow soup", again in the words of my girlfriend. At close to $11, you'd think they'd at least make an effort.

I don't know what happened to this place, but save your money. There are so many better places in Miami that deserve your business. The food is unacceptable, the prices are out of line for such poor quality, and the service was lackluster at best.

What a shame. It was once a very nice place.

Visited January 2013
Cutler Bay, Florida
13 attraction reviews
“Excellent slice of history”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

This used to be where railroad workers lived. Today it is little shops full of unique items. There is an antique shop, a tea house, a salon, pet store, food stand. It is a place for OUtdoors Weddings and has a small chapel. Plus about 40 raccoon live by the antique shop. Come on out and browse, stay for dinner have lunch. They usually have live music on the weekends.

Visited February 2012
Miami, Florida
4 attraction reviews
“Perfect Family Outing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Cauley Square is a great day place to visit! Everyone is so polite. My family and I enjoyed our walk around exploring all of Cauley Square’s shops. From the Aviary to the Tea Room Restaurant Cauley Square makes for an amazing family outing.

Visited October 2012
Miami Beach, Florida
“Rip OFF”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Place has great food for a personal visit . Just don't have an event there. Nobody knows what they're doing, they promise you things to have you pay first and once you pay, everything changes. I basically paid $14 per person to sit in the tea room and each person had to pay for their food. They told me the place was going to be decorated for the event and when i arrived 45 mins before the event, nothing was ready. No decorations, dirty. Staff didn't even know that there was going to be an event going on. They offered to give me a different room because ours was clearly not ready. But they said there was going to be an event there and they didn't even show up. I doubt they paid and didn't show up. I feel i got taken advantage of and they will never see my face again.

Visited October 2012