“Best trip!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 17 things to do in Goodland
More attraction details
Owner description: Located at the gateway to the 10,000 islands on the south side of Marco Island, Fl., Sea Gone Fishing caters to experienced and novice fishermen alike. Family friendly with knowledgeable and experienced captains and multiple types of fishing trips ensure all ages have a memorable adventure on the water. Sea Gone also offers sightseeing and shelling tours. Something for everyone who wants to get out on the water and have fun!
Tucson, Arizona, United States
“Best trip!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Captain Kevin was incredible. He took the time with both of my children, 5 and 4 year olds to teach them how to fish. My son had the time of his life!!! Captain Kevin took the time to teach the kids about each of the fish they caught. I only wish we had more time to fish!!!! I highly recommend this trip to anyone and would use them anytime we are in Florida.

Visited January 2013

Tucson, Arizona
10 attraction reviews
“Captain Kevin is awesome with kids!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

In December we had our two sons bring their families here for a vacation from the Arizona desert. It was the first "real" fishing trip any of my family has been on. The first trip was with my husband, son, his wife, and our three grandkids, ages 11, 9, and 7. Captain Kevin took the time with each of the children, helping them develop a technique to fish. He explained what each of the fish were, showed them teeth on the fish. He allowed them the exciting opportunity to touch a shark that the 9 year old caught. Even my son said it was the best experience he's ever had!! His brother arrived two weeks later with his family. This time I got to go along with everyone, including my 5 year old grandson, and my 4 year old granddaughter. We had such a fabulous time. Again, Captain Kevin was such a natural with the younger kids. The five year old ended up catching the first fish, the most fish, the biggest fish and the last fish, with the Captain's help. It will be an experience that we will all cherish and remember forever! If you have children, Captain Kevin is your man to go on a fishing trip with. And thank you to Lisa to, for making it all run so smoothly.

Appleton, Wisconsin, United States
“More than a fishing trip...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Recently, my family spent the holidays in Marco Island. This is especially important because my family is from Iowa and Wisconsin (its cold there during the holidays!) . Five of us anticipated going fishing and booked a reservation with Sea Gone Fishing months before we came to Florida. Capt Lisa and Capt Kevin were very responsive to our questions and emails way before the time we even stepped foot on the boat. The day of the trip arrived. We stopped on the way and picked up Subway to eat out on the boat. Capt Kevin took us out on the water on the cool morning and we started to fish. My husband loves to fish, but has given most of it up when our children were born. Me on the otherhand am not much of a angler, and hate to eat fish. I had the best time ever! Capt Kevin was so patient and taught me how to put the shrimp on and cast. He had many stories and information about the area, and he answered all our questions thoughtfully (there were many.. we are from the midwest!). That day I caught and reeled in a 38 inch, 26 pound Red Fish! It was one of the most exciting memories that I have had in a long time. This trip meant more to me than fishing and sun, it meant that I had battled Cancer the 4 months prior and it was a chance for me to relax and forget I just had the battle of my life so far. Capt Lisa and Capt Kevin made our experience more than a memory, thier customer service and kindness made our fishing trip a wonderful experience and allowed me to forget even if it was for one day.

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Will definitely be going again with Capt. Randy!!! Great time was had by all!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Four excited fisherman boarded a "Sea Gone" charter boat with Captain Randy for the second year in a row Our expectations ran high because we fished with Randy last year, and had a great time. The day began sunny, but rather chilly. That soon changed once we anchored and started catching fish. A lot of them! We fished inshore because of high winds. All told, we went through nearly 13 dozen shrimp (no, we weren't eating them!) and lost count of the fish caught. We did keep a few Sheaphead and Snappers to eat. All others were released including a whopper 15 pound 30 inch Snook that Cole battled and landed. What a fish, and what a great day we all had! We are looking forward to next year!

Vineland, Canada
“Great Time!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Six of us went fishing with Capt. Kevin and had a wonderful time and Kevin patiently answered all of our questions and there were lots!!
5 members of our group were novice fisherman and Kevin helped teach them to cast lines, bait hooks for those willing, and best of all, the fishing was fantastic!! We caught 3 species of Trout multiple times, Catfish, Pompano, Jack Cravelle, Ladyfish, Sheephead and other species that I no longer recall. We caught approximately 50 fish between us all.
Next time we come back to Naples we will be booking with Capt. Kevin again!!!

N.L