“Great Italian spot” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night, Dessert
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Great Italian spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

The pasta was fresh, service was very good and the atmosphere relaxing. Nice wine selection. Great spot for a relaxing Italian evening.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

92% Recommend
Gainesville, Florida
“Average Food, Good Service and Atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The service was excellent. The atmosphere was nice. The food was average. Everything we ordered was a little bland and not worth the amount it cost. But part of going out is paying for the service and atmosphere.
The restaurant is small and quaint and a nice place for dinner if you want to be able to talk to and enjoy the company you're with. The service was excellent.

If I based my review on food alone, I would only give three stars. I've had much better food and was not impressed with my meal.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Gainesville FL
“Hmm Hmm Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

I have to admit, first walking into the restaurant I wasn't super impressed by how the place was presented. This was my first time visiting Manuel's and at first glance I really reconsidered my choice. First impressions are everything and the pile up of empty wine boxes and make shift printer/ fax machine stand below the kitchen counter really threw me off. I'm hoping this was temporary. I couldn't help notice it since my sit faced the kitchen with full view of a dirty fan to help with the heat in the kitchen. Perhaps the owners should pay a little more attention to detail, people notice these things. I had no view of the restaurant where I sat until my husband suggested I sit next to him to really appreciate the ambiance in the room. However I do feel like the place is tight, perhaps the reason for the build up of unpresentable boxes and desperate need for additional space...I do feel though that this is a quick fix. On the positive side...the food is AMAZING...full of flavor with a wide selection in wines. I was impressed with our selection. My husband works in the hotel industry and is very picky when it comes to food but not this time, he commented on the food first thing when we woke up the next morning. The service we received was on point....Overall we were happy with our choice..but the next time I visit guys, I'm hoping that pile up near the kitchen is taken care of or this just might be a deal breaker

• Visited March 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Germantown, Tennessee
“Gainesville Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

Wonderful, wonderful dinner on a Friday night. Excellent risotto cakes. Great swordfish special. Lobster ravioli was to die for. We asked to split salads and were accommodated with no problem. Great wine selection by the glass, half bottle or bottle. Wide price ranges for wine. If you have not given this place a try you need to. Make sure you have a reservation.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Gainesville, Florida
“Intimate birthday dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

I had a fantastic birthday dinner at Manuel's this weekend. The staff accommodated our rather large party of 10 despite only having space for 36 diners. They provided great recommendations to everyone, and we literally ordered 1/3rd of the menu. There were no complaints, only rave reviews. I will definitely be coming back. We had the risotto cakes, grilled vegetable pizza and calamari for appetizers - each absolutely delicious. For my dinner I ate the Capellini with Shrimp and forced myself to eat the entire bowl despite all of the appetizers I tried. I even tasted some of the Manuel's chicken dish-phenomenal. Worth a stop if you're ever in Gainesville.

Visited March 2013