“Perhaps I expected too much, but still very good” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Latin
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Delivery, Late Night
Dayton
“Perhaps I expected too much, but still very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

Super tasty variety... the Elena Ruz sandwich is like a Cuban Monte Cristo, very interesting! :-) The meat (pollo/chicken) on my arepa was delicious but the arepa just meh. Should have had the beef stew! Make sure you have some guava postres and try the different fruit juices. Watermelon and guava both did NOT disappoint!!

Visited January 2013

Starke, Florida
“Love this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

Good Cuban food. My husband and I visit almost every trip to G'ville. And that's at least twice a month. We have never had a bad dish and there is always more than enough food on our plates. We have been there at different times of the day and all days of the week. We order many different dishes and have yet to be disappointed. I love their Flan- I usually get an extra one to go as I love the flavor. As for the plastic plates and silverware- who cares- I go for the great food.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Gainesville, Florida
“Not a happy lunch.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Hard, precooked flat iron steak, really hard, I visited once, never went back. Considering the price I paid for this lunch, I could have eaten at another local type family restaurant and it would have been a better experience.

Gainesville, Florida, United States
“Usually great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

This place is almost always great, with fresh fruit juices and yummy sandwiches and GREAT Yuca fries. Just have to mention one visit when the pork was dry as a bone and the usually delicious empanadas were not fresh and tasted a bit off. Might be one of those hit-or-miss places.

Visited November 2012
Gainesville, FL
“Food good; atmosphere needs work”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Mi Apa has been popular in Gainesville for several years, so they do something right. Guess it is the food. For a dining experience, it's a bit like a food court; plastic plates and silverware are not very upscale. The inside area is overly bright with light. The patio, right on the parking lot, is OK in nice weather and not too noisy. On my most recent visit, the music was loud outside so we chose inside. Well, it was just as bad, hard to carry on a conversation. Portions are good sized, we took home leftovers. The Cuban sandwich could be split with two diners. Chunky pork is a good dish and the fried plantains are fine, too. But overall, I'd rather pay $1 more a dish and get real plates and forks, and lower the light level.

• Visited December 2012