“Accommodating” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Westminster, South Carolina
“Accommodating”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

I needed a hotel room in Gainesville while my mom was in the hospital in Gainesville. U of F graduation was that weekend and I didn't know how long I would need the room. I called every hotel in the area and Holiday Inn University Center was the ONLY one that would give me the hospital discount over a special event weekend and the ability to check out without notice or penalty. The location is great and the service was excellent!!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Kimberly C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Gainesville University Center, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
CarrieRatliff,

We are very pleased that you were satisfied with our service to accommodate your needs. Service is our priority. We look forward to welcoming you back anytime.

151 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

This may not be Holiday Inn's newest property but the service was excellent. Everyone I dealt with was helpful and courteous. A special shout out goes to Caroline who persevered when I was having trouble printing out my boarding passes.
If you want breakfast, I highly recommend the little Vietnamese restaurant nearby. The full American breakfast complete with great grits couldn't have been better.

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room and got one.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Kimberly C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Gainesville University Center, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Dear happyskoog,

We are excited about your review and have shared it with our staff. Caroline was recognized for her outstanding service. We are happy that your stay was a great experience and we welcome you back any time.
Snoqualmie, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Probably a standard holiday inn but you can't beat the location! Only a street to cross to get to campus! Also the staff are great and pool Is a great party area and good restarants are in the area including pizza and burritos

• Stayed April 2013
Kimberly C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Gainesville University Center, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear erichransom,

We appreciate your positive feedback regarding the Holiday Inn University Center Hotel. The Location is a favorite for University of Florida visitors. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Saint Petersburg, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel over 20 times, and each time it gets better and better. The guest service staff is amazing and what truly make staying away from home an enjoyable experience. Ask for Linda - her customer service is great!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Kimberly C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Gainesville University Center, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
DerrickTebow,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback. I will definitely share with Linda. She is a great role model for the other guest service agents. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I just booked my second stay, so clearly the pros outweigh the cons. I stayed a week to do some library work. This hotel is practically on campus; the library is a quick walk away, and I was able to get guest campus login credentials from a librarian. I booked the King Executive room to get a fridge and microwave. The room was clean, spacious, and quiet. I especially liked the comfy chair with well-placed reading light. The rooftop pool is outside. In the morning, smokers gather there to read the paper and puff. The fitness area is tiny and has just a few elderly machines. I ended up not using it. The lobby is gorgeous, with fresh fruit available in baskets. It looks to me like they are slowly upgrading amenities and rooms. For my first stay, I signed up for breakfast, expecting food in the hotel, but they gave me a voucher and sent me next door to Beef O'Brady's. The breakfasts were terrible, with prepackaged fruit cups, microwave pancakes, and strange substitutions (cut-up French fries instead of home fries)--I don't think they had a grill but rather a microwave. On my next trip, I will go to the Starbucks in the lobby of the library and get oatmeal and a latte. Most of the restaurants around appeal to students: pizza, burritos, smoothies. I'm staying again (without the food option!) because of the kind staff, clean rooms, and great location.

Room Tip: The King Executive rooms are bigger and have refrigerators and microwaves. They have also been updat...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Kimberly C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Gainesville University Center, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Karen, Thank you so much for your feedback. We are glad our location met your needs while visiting the Gainesville area. Thank you for touching on each of our amenities, as this helps paint the picture for our future first guests. I am pleased that you recognized the changes in the room. That is very important to us that our guests are seeing the changes. I sincerely apologize for the experience you had at Beef O'Brady's. I have forwarded your comments to them. Again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for one night for a business trip and a very pleasant stay! Friendly staff, clean rooms, beautiful clean lobby, and good location! Close to many restaurants and consciences. Comfortable chairs in guest rooms and lobby. I would definitely choose this hotel again if I am in the area!

• Stayed February 2013
Kimberly C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Gainesville University Center, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to review your stay at the Holiday Inn. Glad you liked the chairs in the guest rooms. They are brand new! Cleanliness is our focus to provide a positive guest experience as well as service. Thank you for recognizing that.
myrtle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

Rooms are great with very comfortable beds and bedding! The hotel is conveniently close to UF as we were there for a basketball game. I spoke with Matt on the phone and he was also who checked me in. Matt was very welcoming, efficient, and multi-tasked well. We found ourselves repeatedly in Beef O' Brady's which is connected to the hotel. A great place where we met Brittany and Risa two great bartenders. We made friends with other locals there and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Our hotel stay was made great by those three people!

• Stayed February 2013
WOW! Thank you for your feedback. I will be sure to share your comments with Matt, Brittany and Risa. Posts such as these really help future guests when making decisions on where to stay. Thank you for seeing the best in us!

Been to Holiday Inn Gainesville University Center? Share your experiences!