“Best place to stay if you are going on campus” 4 of 5 stars

Save up to 25%
Ranked #13 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Snoqualmie, Washington
“Best place to stay if you are going on campus”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Probably a standard holiday inn but you can't beat the location! Only a street to cross to get to campus! Also the staff are great and pool Is a great party area and good restarants are in the area including pizza and burritos

• Stayed April 2013
Kimberly C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Gainesville University Center, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear erichransom,

We appreciate your positive feedback regarding the Holiday Inn University Center Hotel. The Location is a favorite for University of Florida visitors. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Saint Petersburg, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel over 20 times, and each time it gets better and better. The guest service staff is amazing and what truly make staying away from home an enjoyable experience. Ask for Linda - her customer service is great!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Kimberly C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Gainesville University Center, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
DerrickTebow,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback. I will definitely share with Linda. She is a great role model for the other guest service agents. We look forward to welcoming you back.
Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

I just booked my second stay, so clearly the pros outweigh the cons. I stayed a week to do some library work. This hotel is practically on campus; the library is a quick walk away, and I was able to get guest campus login credentials from a librarian. I booked the King Executive room to get a fridge and microwave. The room was clean, spacious, and quiet. I especially liked the comfy chair with well-placed reading light. The rooftop pool is outside. In the morning, smokers gather there to read the paper and puff. The fitness area is tiny and has just a few elderly machines. I ended up not using it. The lobby is gorgeous, with fresh fruit available in baskets. It looks to me like they are slowly upgrading amenities and rooms. For my first stay, I signed up for breakfast, expecting food in the hotel, but they gave me a voucher and sent me next door to Beef O'Brady's. The breakfasts were terrible, with prepackaged fruit cups, microwave pancakes, and strange substitutions (cut-up French fries instead of home fries)--I don't think they had a grill but rather a microwave. On my next trip, I will go to the Starbucks in the lobby of the library and get oatmeal and a latte. Most of the restaurants around appeal to students: pizza, burritos, smoothies. I'm staying again (without the food option!) because of the kind staff, clean rooms, and great location.

Room Tip: The King Executive rooms are bigger and have refrigerators and microwaves. They have also been updat...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Kimberly C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Gainesville University Center, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Karen, Thank you so much for your feedback. We are glad our location met your needs while visiting the Gainesville area. Thank you for touching on each of our amenities, as this helps paint the picture for our future first guests. I am pleased that you recognized the changes in the room. That is very important to us that our guests are seeing the changes. I sincerely apologize for the experience you had at Beef O'Brady's. I have forwarded your comments to them. Again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel for one night for a business trip and a very pleasant stay! Friendly staff, clean rooms, beautiful clean lobby, and good location! Close to many restaurants and consciences. Comfortable chairs in guest rooms and lobby. I would definitely choose this hotel again if I am in the area!

• Stayed February 2013
Kimberly C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Gainesville University Center, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to review your stay at the Holiday Inn. Glad you liked the chairs in the guest rooms. They are brand new! Cleanliness is our focus to provide a positive guest experience as well as service. Thank you for recognizing that.
myrtle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

Rooms are great with very comfortable beds and bedding! The hotel is conveniently close to UF as we were there for a basketball game. I spoke with Matt on the phone and he was also who checked me in. Matt was very welcoming, efficient, and multi-tasked well. We found ourselves repeatedly in Beef O' Brady's which is connected to the hotel. A great place where we met Brittany and Risa two great bartenders. We made friends with other locals there and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Our hotel stay was made great by those three people!

• Stayed February 2013
WOW! Thank you for your feedback. I will be sure to share your comments with Matt, Brittany and Risa. Posts such as these really help future guests when making decisions on where to stay. Thank you for seeing the best in us!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

With 2 children at UF, my wife and I have stayed at this property often. I travel extensively with my work and have stayed at many fine properties across the US. The Holiday Inn Gainesville has the best customer service and friendliest staff of any hotel at which I have stayed (including many 4 and 5 star properties). My hat's off to the management at this property. You must be doing something right to have such a consistently friendly and attentive staff. The location is great (right across the street from UF), and the accommodations are a great value for the price. I would highly recommend this property, especially if you are in Gainesville for business or an event at the university.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Kimberly C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Gainesville University Center, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to give your feedback on the hotel. Thank you for your wonderful compliment regarding the staff. I do push guest service and see the value in pay off from guests such as yourself. We look forward to welcoming you back during your children's college years at UF.
North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed at the Holiday Inn Gainesville University Center during a recent visit to UF for an interview.

Pros: Overall the accommodations are clean and comfortable. My king bed had new-feeling, clean white linens and the room also had a large flat-screen television. All of the employees that I interacted with were friendly and helpful. The free shuttle service is very convenient - I used the shuttle to get to the hotel from the airport, to get to Shands Hospital in the morning, and to get back to the airport from Shands Hospital; you are encouraged to give advance notice of when you may need the shuttle in the morning. (I noticed that this shuttle service does not appear to be advertised on the hotel's website.) The hotel is located within very easy walking distance to a great local pizza place (right across the street), a Chipotle, and a number of other local eating establishments. I didn't check out the hotel's fitness room, but I did jog near the property and felt safe (and Gainesville is pretty flat, so it was easy jogging around the hotel and campus).

Cons: As other reviewers have noted, the hotel feels old and the walls of my room were thin - I could hear my next-door-neighbor's conversation word for word and I could also hear their television. Fortunately this was in the mid-evening, but by bedtime I didn't notice any noise.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay and would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Kimberly C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Gainesville University Center, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to offer your feedback on the hotel. This surely helps new customers with making a decision to book a room as well as the hotel to assist with making every stay a positive experience. I will follow up with getting the shuttle service information on our website. Thank you for mentioning that. I see you mentioned the hotel feels old, I want to let you know each room has brand new carpet and we are completing 4 more floors of corridor carpet. We have new desk and lounge chairs coming as well as new curtain panels and valance. We are pleased that you would stay with us again.

Been to Holiday Inn Gainesville University Center? Share your experiences!