I stayed at the Holiday Inn Gainesville University Center during a recent visit to UF for an interview.
Pros: Overall the accommodations are clean and comfortable. My king bed had new-feeling, clean white linens and the room also had a large flat-screen television. All of the employees that I interacted with were friendly and helpful. The free shuttle service is very convenient - I used the shuttle to get to the hotel from the airport, to get to Shands Hospital in the morning, and to get back to the airport from Shands Hospital; you are encouraged to give advance notice of when you may need the shuttle in the morning. (I noticed that this shuttle service does not appear to be advertised on the hotel's website.) The hotel is located within very easy walking distance to a great local pizza place (right across the street), a Chipotle, and a number of other local eating establishments. I didn't check out the hotel's fitness room, but I did jog near the property and felt safe (and Gainesville is pretty flat, so it was easy jogging around the hotel and campus).
Cons: As other reviewers have noted, the hotel feels old and the walls of my room were thin - I could hear my next-door-neighbor's conversation word for word and I could also hear their television. Fortunately this was in the mid-evening, but by bedtime I didn't notice any noise.
Overall, I enjoyed my stay and would stay here again.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Gainesville University Hotel Gainesville
- Holiday Inn Gainesville University Hotel
- Holiday Inn Gainesville
- Gainesville Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn University Center is surrounded on all sides by the University of Florida, local shops & boutiques, restaurants, in 'the Heart of Gainesville.' This 6 story 'almost on campus' city landmark offers a roof-top swimming pool surrounded by 14,000 sq. ft. of 'sunning' space. The fitness room is located adjacent to the pool on the third floor. Complimentary transportation is provided to the airport and local hospitals daily from 7am-11pm. Free High-speed Wireless Internet service, In-room movies, are available in all rooms. The hotel offers an open and spacious lobby with open business center. The hotel has also recently completed the Holiday Inn Relaunch and features luxury linens, fresh pillow selection, and new signage. The restaurant is open 7 days a week serving breakfast, lunch and dinner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Gainesville University Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.