“Nice for the price, but dont stay in rooms at back due to noise” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
SAVE 15% TODAY!
Ranked #28 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
pittsburgh
“Nice for the price, but dont stay in rooms at back due to noise”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2011

Very nice place to stay during a one night stop on business .. room was clean, bed was ok, and price was right. One and only complaint was the noise .. the Interstate sits directly behind this hotel, so ask for a room facing front ... colleagues stayed in rooms at front and it was perfectly quiet .. much different story at back as you just cant avoid the highway noise except for being able to turn heater on and drown it out as much as possible.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business

Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2010

I got my room for $34 for one night on Priceline. The pillows were horrible, so bring your own. The bed was not real comfortable. Other than that, it was great for the money. I wasn't paying for the Ritz-Carlton! The staff was very friendly and efficient, it's in a great location, and it was clean. Yes, there are a lot of construction workers staying there, but I just needed a place to sleep and it was great!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2010

Just got back from our second stay at this hotel just off interstate 75. A very average hotel with a nice low rate.

The room pluses include a full size refrigerator; although it had mold on top (see picture); table and chair; lounge chair; microwave; coffee maker with one complementary serving (you will need to bring some or pick-up more at the local grocery store); toaster; plates; glasses; silverware.

The couple things that were lacking that was strange was a hair dryer and shampoo. We had to go to the close-by Walmart to buy these since we hadn't brought this with us. This added an extra unexpected cost to our two night stay.

The bed was very hard. Wasn't able to get used to that. The air conditioning worked perfect and we really liked how it ran all night to drown out the highway traffic. Highly recommended you ask for a room that ISN'T in the back of the property. These all face the interstate along with a second road where every semi truck or motorcycle can be heard through the night. In fact it is so close that the GPS thought we were on Interstate 75.

The desk service was great. One of the cleaning ladies started the day off right by wishing us a very sincere 'good morning..how are you?' with a smile. There is plenty of parking, several gas stations and a ton of restaurants, many that you can walk to. Could easily walk to the Target and there is a Walmart just a little further down. Several grocery stores are in the nearby shopping centers. The University of Florida is about 5-15 minutes away; depending on the part of campus. The UF art and history museums are 5 minutes; while the central part of campus is closer to 15 minutes away.

Based on the low price the couple times we stayed, this would be a good option for someone wanting to save on the budget.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Gatorzman
Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2009

Noise, such as walking heels of others and doors closing, are heard through the ceiling, and possibly the floor and walls too. We had people jacked up on alcohol or something above us and they literally jumped about on heavy heels in their room until 4 in the morning. I called reception at three to complain but nothing happened. The next morning a person at the reception said that that is normal when ever there is a game in town. That may be so, but is it up to the visitor to check if Gainesville hosts a game before checking in with Extended Stay America? It was the worst night spent in a motel for me but not for my wife, who sleeps deeper than me. The room was clean, but what does that matter when I couldn't sleep? And we asked for smokeless but someone smoked and we felt it through the air conditioning. A hopeless motel.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
mgrmaf, Regional Director of Operations at Extended Stay America - Gainesville - I-75, responded to this review, April 30, 2009
"I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Gainesville - I-75. We take great pride in offering a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price, so I was happy to read your comments about your accommodations. However, I was disappointed to read the rest of your remarks. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

It is my pleasure to provide an explanation regarding the issue you described. Every part of our hotel, from the in-room features, to the design of our guest corridors, to the personalized voicemail, is an integral part to creating a ""home away from home"" experience for our guests. Since we recognize that a quiet, relaxing environment is critical to this goal, we have several systems to ensure that noise from within or outside the hotel doesn't interfere with your stay. Although rare, there are instances where a guest may hear noises from the surrounding area. Whenever we are informed of such disturbances, our standard operating procedure is to promptly identify the source of that disturbance and resolve it. I take full responsibility that we were unable to resolve this situation to your satisfaction during your stay.

Miami
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2009

I am a travel agent with YTB travel network. I always stay at this hotel when passing through Gainesville, FL or just to vacation in Gainesville. It is a nice clean hotel for a good price. The property is very well kept and the rooms are clean and neat. I am never disappointed when I stay at this hotel.

• Liked — The neat and clean room.
  • Disliked — The curtains were too dark.
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled as a couple
      Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2008

Extended StayAmerica Gainesville is a motel type lodging which does everything you would expect from a 2 star accommodation of its kind.

There’s nothing fancy here or special but the rooms have a decent amount of space and for the four days I spent here the kitchen area with microwave and coffee maker where a bit bonus. With these features I was able to buy food from the local superstore Albertsons and store them in the huge cupboard space and fridge that was available.

There’s a laundry room also available if you need to wash clothes and dry them at around $1 each. I would certainly recommend extended stay for stays in Gainesville for no longer than a week, the only disappointment was no housekeeping is available for free, if you want a special cleaning service you have to pay a bit extra.

• Liked — kitchen area with oven fridge and microwave was good to store and prepare food
  • Disliked — no housekeeping but that wasnt a huge problem
  • Stayed March 2008
      Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank mitchell916
Preston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2008

Stayed for three nights whilst visiting daughter at the University of Florida. It was excellent value for a room with a kitchen. Had a large fridge microwave toaster coffee maker and two rings to cook if you wanted plus dishes pots and pans. There were however plenty of shops and restaurants very near.Importantly it was clean. There is no maid service but you can pay $5 for it when needed and can get extra towels toiletries etc from reception. It had wireless internet for a set up of $4.99 per stay.
The only downsides no pool which whilst not needed in winter might be missed in the summer. Also it is really close to the I 75Highway and in the back rooms you can hear the traffic though it never bothered us. We stayed in three hotels in Gainesville and it was the best for the money.

Stayed February 2008