“Better then expected” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
Lexington, NC
“Better then expected”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2015

I booked this 2 night stay though Hot wire and because of the rate I paid and many of the reviews, I did not expect much. When I checked in I asked if was was getting a renovated room and was told that I was not since it was a hot wire reservation. I'm pleased to report that the second floor room we were given was just fine. Everything worked fine and the room and bath were clean. The staff at the front desk was "efficient". Not bad nor exceptional. Only two negatives. The room was on the interstate side and was noisy with it's outside balcony doors and the bed was a bit hard for my wife's tastes but seemed fine to me. i would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask to inspect room. If not satisfied ask to be moved.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Gainesville - I-75, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I'm so pleased to hear that your stay was to your satisfaction and that our front desk staff was efficient. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Bella Vista, Arkansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2015

My wife and I spent one night at this hotel in a first floor room. The clerk was apologetic about the condition of the hotel, but stated that they would be doing a major overhaul and upgrade during 2015. The room was handicap accessible and quite large but furniture was worn out. The bath was dirty and very dated. Stay at another hotel!!

Room Tip: Do not select a room at this hotel.
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Gainesville - I-75, responded to this review, March 12, 2015
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am sorry to hear that your room looked dated. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. We will start our full renovation in June of this year. I'm glad to hear you liked our location. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.
Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2015

This place needs some TLC! The outside needs to be pressure-washed. The molding around the entry doors to the rooms are rusting and look terrible!! Another negative is that you hear everyone coming and going in the morning as they are checking out. The rooms are adequate but need to be refreshed. A/C is through a unit next to the window. The flooring in the corners in the bathroom are chipping so dirt/dust have built up. You just don't feel clean here. Breakfast is wrapped muffins and granola bars. Paid more to stay here than at the neighboring Red Roof Inn+ and the Red Roof Inn+ is SO MUCH NICER!! Not worth the price. Everything was sold out so we didn't have much choice. Thank goodness we were there just one night. I'll never stay there again unless I see "Newly Renovated" somewhere.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Gainesville - I-75, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I have received your comments and shared them with our staff. We appreciate your feedback as we strive to continually improve. In fact, I'm happy to inform you that we will start our full renovation in June of this year! In the meantime, we will improve our efforts around cleanliness of the property. We do hope you will stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.
Rochester NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2015

We booked through Priceline and got a really good deal; otherwise, we would probably not have stayed here.

The room was clean and comfortable, and appeared to be recently renovated. The people at the front desk were polite and competent. Free internet was almost useless, it was so slow. Free breakfast was as advertised - plastic wrapped pastries, granola bars, etc.

As others have mentioned, there were a lot of loiterers in the parking lot when we checked in. Because we got there late we had to call to have someone come out to check us in, and waiting for the office to open was somewhat uncomfortable with all the men hanging around outside. No one answered the courtesy phone outside the office for that purpose, but when I called on my cell it was answered right away, and I only had to wait a few minutes for the office to be opened.

The exterior of the hotel was shabby - moldings unpainted, trash in the parking lot. General impression was of a better-than-average welfare motel. Nevertheless, we were comfortable for the two nights we stayed there.

I would certainly not pay their regular rates, but at the Priceline rate we got good value.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Gainesville - I-75, responded to this review, February 24, 2015
Barbara - Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. We are sorry for your experience prior to check-in; however we are glad that you enjoyed your clean, comfortable room. We will work with our staff to increase monitoring of our hotel and ensure a safe, comfortable environment for all of our guests.

Thank you again for your feedback. We hope to see you again soon.
Dayton, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2015

this place was adequate, it was late and we almost had no choice. the price was more than this place was worth. we did sleep good and the bathroom was adequate. I am just saying it was overpriced for the quality of the room.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Gainesville - I-75, responded to this review, January 27, 2015
I want to thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad to hear that you were pleased with the cleanliness of our hotel and the service you received. Still, I apologize that you were not satisfied with our rates. Your comments will be helpful as we continue to improve our guest experience. Thank you again for your feedback. We hope to have see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Enumclaw, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2014

The rooms are large but shabby. It was clean, quiet and the bed was comfortable so I guess that is what is important. They do not have blow dryers though.

The kitchen area did not have dishes, pots or pans. I think you have to ask for them. This hotel has easy access to the freeway and is very close to the University of Florida campus.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side are quiet.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Gainesville - I-75, responded to this review, November 7, 2014
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. It's great to hear that you slept comfortably and that your found our hotel to be conveniently located. The staff and I are proud to have provided you with a clean, quiet room. Once more, thank you for your review. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to see you again soon.
Stow, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2014

This was absolutely the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. The people were short, not accommodating. People that looked like transients hanging around the outside at all hours smoking and talking. Did not feel safe. Unsanitary, carpet filthy, room smelled terrible, had to have front desk come and spray freshener. Bed questionable and worn smelled like the rest of the room. No service for linens and sheets and was told we only do that once a week!!!!! The interior was despicable rusty faucets and toilet, walls and doors were filthy both inside and out. It hadn't been painted in decades, the smell of pet urine was hideous, stains on chairs that you would not dare sit in. The sprinkler head had no cover in the ceiling, and concern of a hidden camera was real. Clerk said manager would call and fix, never a call never an attempt to resolve. We have pictures and are willing to share with you staff. We were charged an exorbitant rate because of dates normal price $64.00 our cost $175.00 per night 2 night minimum. Absolutely ridiculous. Claim to have breakfast, actually consisted of coffee, and a prepackaged breakfast bar, stale muffins and a couple of oranges in a cabinet.

Room Tip: stay away this place is a dive
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Gainesville - I-75, responded to this review, October 23, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We are so disappointed that you felt that our front desk was not accommodating. We train our staff to offer our guests the best service. We assure you that this will not happen again. We had a meeting with our housekeeping and maintenance staff regarding the issues in your room. We are working diligently to investigate these issues and will address them in a timely fashion.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so we really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to us at gan@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Been to Extended Stay America - Gainesville - I-75? Share your experiences!