“gainesville ESA never again” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #27 of 43 Hotels in Gainesville
Stow, Ohio
“gainesville ESA never again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This was absolutely the worst hotel I have ever stayed in. The people were short, not accommodating. People that looked like transients hanging around the outside at all hours smoking and talking. Did not feel safe. Unsanitary, carpet filthy, room smelled terrible, had to have front desk come and spray freshener. Bed questionable and worn smelled like the rest of the room. No service for linens and sheets and was told we only do that once a week!!!!! The interior was despicable rusty faucets and toilet, walls and doors were filthy both inside and out. It hadn't been painted in decades, the smell of pet urine was hideous, stains on chairs that you would not dare sit in. The sprinkler head had no cover in the ceiling, and concern of a hidden camera was real. Clerk said manager would call and fix, never a call never an attempt to resolve. We have pictures and are willing to share with you staff. We were charged an exorbitant rate because of dates normal price $64.00 our cost $175.00 per night 2 night minimum. Absolutely ridiculous. Claim to have breakfast, actually consisted of coffee, and a prepackaged breakfast bar, stale muffins and a couple of oranges in a cabinet.

Room Tip: stay away this place is a dive
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Gainesville - I-75, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We are so disappointed that you felt that our front desk was not accommodating. We train our staff to offer our guests the best service. We assure you that this will not happen again. We had a meeting with our housekeeping and maintenance staff regarding the issues in your room. We are working diligently to investigate these issues and will address them in a timely fashion.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so we really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to us at gan@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
WPB, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We have stayed at this motel several times and find it to be be Ok for the price of the room. The beds are comfortable and the room itself is fairly large and has always been clean. We like the fact that it has a kitchenette but you have to request dishes and they will be provided .
The only really bad thing about the motel is that the insulation between the rooms is awful. You can hear everything from the room above you and also from outside the room. Maybe the rooms on the third floor would be better .

Room Tip: Choose a room on the third floor, it might be quieter. There is an elevator.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Gainesville - I-75, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such nice comments about our property. I'm so pleased to hear that you found your bed comfortable and your room to be spacious. The staff and I are glad to read that you found us to be a great value. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Lakeland, Florida, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2014

I gave this an Average because it was clean and did not smell. Arrived after the game and the TV did not work on a big College football night. Called the desk and he said problems with the cable. Further investigation showed the TV is bolted down and the cable is exactly the length needed to reach the TV when straight. Someone had swiveled it and the cable was out of the connection leaving only a bare wire. I stuck the wire in the hole and it worked. Hmm Wifi did not work.. There where no Cups or Plates ect even though it had a sink counter cabinets... No Drinking cups.. Ice Bucket..Shampoo.. Only 1 bar of soap in the bathroom thats it... The towels where like sandpaper and although the bathroom was clean it needed some update work.. Like the Title of my review.. Hi Grade Motel 6

Room Tip: The comfort Inn 2 doors down is a much better hotel for only a few dollars more. We had our pet and...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Gainesville - I-75, responded to this review, September 8, 2014
Chuck - Thank you for your recent review of your stay. We are happy to read that you found your room clean and fresh; however, we are very sorry about the loose cable on your TV and our failure to inform you at check-in that we offer customizable kitchen packs at the front desk at no charge. Our maintenance and front desk staff are ready to assist all of our guests with any issues including delivering any dishes, cups, towels or any toiletries that you may need. We will review your feedback with our staff to make sure we are fully informing our guests of our available amenities during check-in.

We are grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact us at gan@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Lake Mary, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2014

The whole point of reserving a room is so that THAT room will be available for you upon check in. And was told that it would be no problem. Twas the case this time around. Reserved a suite & upon check in was told it wasn't available, therefore I find NO REASON to call ahead & reserve a room when they have no intention of honoring it

Stayed September 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Gainesville - I-75, responded to this review, September 5, 2014
Jaimie - We received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. We are very sorry to hear that we were unable to accommodate your room request. We will review our reservation policy with our staff to ensure your experience is not repeated.

Our team is committed to satisfying our guests, so we are very thankful for your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact us at gan@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Nashville, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014

I just stayed at this property for the past 3 weeks so I believe I can write a pretty accurate review. First, just like the title of this review says, don't trust the pictures of this property on their website! The pictures show a fresh modern hotel and this hotel is far far from modern. Just a guess but I would say this hotel was built in the late 80's/early 90's and has never been updated since. All the furniture in the room is old, worn and just uncomfortable. A couple of things that completely bugged me about this hotel was the complete lack of detail. 85% or more of the door frames around the guest room doors had major rust around them (nothing that a little paint wouldn't help) and the entire time of my stay there were promotional posters hung in the elevator that had profanity drawn all over them. I kept thinking to myself, surely management or an employee has to see these! On a positive note, the hotel is in a good location and housekeeping did arrive on the someday every week.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Gainesville - I-75, responded to this review, August 14, 2014
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am so sorry that the condition of our hotel did not meet your expectations. I will be working with our Marketing Department to get more accurate photos of our hotel on the website so that your experience is not repeated. As well, I do apologize for the posters in the elevator that had been defaced. We have removed the posters, and I am sorry we did not do so sooner. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at gan@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

Stayed 2 weeks. This was the perfect place to stay while my wife was at the university hospital. The first week was in a room that had not been renovated and the carpet was yucky,.but the hotel personnel was very nice and helpful. The 2nd week we moved into a renovated room, which was very nice. Had we had the renovated room the whole 2 weeks, my rating would have been excellent.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Gainesville - I-75, responded to this review, July 31, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We are sorry for the carpet issue in the first room, but are happy that our staff responded quickly to remedy the issue. We are proud of our staff for providing you with quality service.

We would like to thank you again for posting your review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future, should your travels bring you back to the area.
Merritt Island, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

I can describe in one word-AWFUL. Do not be fooled by pics on the website. Rooms are unclean. We awoke in the night to adjust air temp in room and ended up having to kill a couple of cockroaches. No housekeeping! We not only had to ASK for soap and shampoo, but had to go to the office to get it and would have had to take our dirty towels to the office the next day to exchange for clean ones (REALLY????) The so called continental breakfast was packaged muffins and granola bars. We were supposed stay two nights but checked out after the first night. We ended up at a hotel a few doors down that was ten times CLEANER, served a HOT breakfast and FREE cocktails in the evening, had DAILY housekeeping and was CHEAPER!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Gainesville - I-75, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Lisa - Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. We are sorry to hear that your room did not meet your expectations. We will be working with our housekeeping staff to ensure every room is cleaned to our standards. We also apologize that our grab-and-go breakfast did not leave you satisfied. We offer coffee, muffins, granola bars, oatmeal, and fresh fruit for our guests that do not have time to cook a meal in their fully equipped kitchens. We will be working with our front desk staff to make sure our amenities are fully explained to our guests during check-in.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so we really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact us at gan@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Been to Extended Stay America - Gainesville - I-75? Share your experiences!