“Fine for the price” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 44 hotels in Gainesville
Atlanta, Georgia
“Fine for the price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Stayed 2 weeks. This was the perfect place to stay while my wife was at the university hospital. The first week was in a room that had not been renovated and the carpet was yucky,.but the hotel personnel was very nice and helpful. The 2nd week we moved into a renovated room, which was very nice. Had we had the renovated room the whole 2 weeks, my rating would have been excellent.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

53 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Merritt Island, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I can describe in one word-AWFUL. Do not be fooled by pics on the website. Rooms are unclean. We awoke in the night to adjust air temp in room and ended up having to kill a couple of cockroaches. No housekeeping! We not only had to ASK for soap and shampoo, but had to go to the office to get it and would have had to take our dirty towels to the office the next day to exchange for clean ones (REALLY????) The so called continental breakfast was packaged muffins and granola bars. We were supposed stay two nights but checked out after the first night. We ended up at a hotel a few doors down that was ten times CLEANER, served a HOT breakfast and FREE cocktails in the evening, had DAILY housekeeping and was CHEAPER!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Gainesville - I-75, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Lisa - Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. We are sorry to hear that your room did not meet your expectations. We will be working with our housekeeping staff to ensure every room is cleaned to our standards. We also apologize that our grab-and-go breakfast did not leave you satisfied. We offer coffee, muffins, granola bars, oatmeal, and fresh fruit for our guests that do not have time to cook a meal in their fully equipped kitchens. We will be working with our front desk staff to make sure our amenities are fully explained to our guests during check-in.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so we really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact us at gan@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

I am so disappointed in my stay at the Extended Stay. I go to Gainesville often and thought I would give it a try. The room was so worn and filthy. The air duct in the kitchen was full of dirt and grime and even had strings of dust hanging from the ceiling. The bathroom floor was coming up and was disgusting. The recliner chair lever looked like it was mauled by some animal and had stains everywhere. Lastly, the a/c unit was so loud it woke me up every time it went off. Once I turned it off the musty smell I woke to made me gag. The only positive thing I can say is that the shower had great pressure! Please do yourself a favor and find somewhere else to say. It'll be worth the extra $40.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Gainesville - I-75, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the maintenance issues and the level of cleanliness in your room. In response to your feedback, I will meet with our entire staff to review our maintenance policies and cleaning procedures to ensure your experience is not repeated. If you would like to provide any additional comments, please contact me directly at, gan@extendedstay.com.

Again, thank you for the comments. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

First time in an Extended stay. Price was very good from Priceline. Room was clean, with a fridge mini stove, microwave and sink. Bed was alittle hard but I still slept just fine. Internet is slow but you can buy faster internet when u log in. That was BS. Road noise from the back side of hotel is loud I was on the 3rd floor and you WILL hear every car and truck going by. Not off in the distance, it is close and loud. I would guess he front side is quiet. Breakfast is 2 pots of coffee and a bowl of granola bars and muffins. That's it. Nothing else. They explained that going in as a "grab and go" breakfast so I wasn't shocked in the morning. After all of that I would stay again in the front of the building.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Gainesville - I-75, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel including our clean rooms with fully equipped kitchens. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and it will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Palm Bay, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

Had full kitchen minus a oven. Great location next to i75 plenty of places to go and 4 miles away from UF hospital ( Shands)
Great rates for visitors for patients in the hospital. Was very pleased with the hole experience

• Stayed February 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our clean rooms with fully equipped kitchens and convenient location at a great value. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.
Gainesville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

I had a great time the room was very clean and the service was great they were very helpful and hospitable and considerate especially after hours they are my always my first choice to stay in gainesville and i reccomend to all my friends and family.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Memphis, Tennessee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

There were at least three cockroaches in the room. Carpet was stained. At least they don't have a management problem: the room charge was fully refunded. We ended up paying a pet fee only. I guess, staff is aware of the problem.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Extended Stay America - Gainesville - I-75? Share your experiences!