“Wouldn't stay here again, even if it was FREE!” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #29 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
Tampa, Florida, United States
“Wouldn't stay here again, even if it was FREE!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

My daughter & I are in Gainesville because our GSD is having cancer treatment done at the UF Small Animal Hospital... The minute I walked in the room yesterday, I wanted to leave & find another hotel because it is so DIRTY!! It is my second night, (& most definitely my LAST) & I want to CRY because I hate my hotel room so much! I am tempted to drive home to Tampa & just drive back tomorrow!! It is beyond filthy!! There are stains all over the carpet, a nasty hair stuck to the ceiling in the bathroom, a layer of dust on a ledge in the shower, and the kitchen, idk even where to begin!! The towels are miserably small, thin & rough, and we were provided with two of the tiniest bars of soap - bust honestly, that is the least of my problems with this room! I don't want to touch ANYTHING bc it is all so gross! If I could give it a ZERO rating, I would!
My daughter & I will be coming back to Gainseville next week, but most definitely NOT to this hotel! I will never stay in ANY Extended Stay America EVER AGAIN!!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

The rooms were clean. The bed was comfortable. Other than some questionable people hanging out on the steps at night blowing smoke into my A/C unit in my non-smoking room, everything was fine. I have stayed here for two weeks since I am in town for a training at UF. I will be back next week for my last week of class and I am happy to stay here again as they have everything I need while I'm away from home.

Room Tip: Unless you want to hear dogs barking don't request a room on the first floor. It seems all the p...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

Terrific location , right off I-75 , next to a huge shopping center with every kind of store for your needs , and 15 minutes from downtown Gainesville and UF.
Rooms are decent , very basic , carpet is dirty , no room service, there is no pool nor fitness center , but the front desk staff is very helpful . Good thing there is a small stove top and sink in the room , so you can save money on meals or if you have special diet needs like me , you can prepare food
according to that .

• Stayed May 2013
Tampa Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

PROS: Very close to I-75 and various stores and restaurants; parking is available, free and close to rooms.

CONS: Needs updating; border line on the clean/dirty scale; towels thin and one had a hole in it; this is not a smoke free property (our assigned room reeked of smoke smell. When we asked to relocate the front desk said there was “nothing they could do” – even though the hotel was obviously less than half full. But when pressed they said they could make a change to a non-smoking room for an additional fee). Based on conversations with other guests, my impression was that the front desk was deliberately assigning its lousiest rooms with the hope that unsatisfied customers would agree to pay more money for a better quality room.

We have traveled to Gainesville regularly for athletic events for over 20 years and have gotten familiar with most of the hotels. We would only stay here again as an absolute last resort. There are only one or two properties in the Gainesville that rank below this one.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Gainesville - I-75, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that your room was unclean and had a slight smoke odor. Please know, we offer 12 different types of rooms with different rates and can easily be sold out of any one type at any given time. Still, I promise you we always try to offer our guests the best rooms for the best value, even if we need to move you from one to another due to issues that arise.

We always strive to provide an exceptional stay for all of our guests and continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. I hope that you will contact me directly, at gan@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Too many great things to note, do yourself a favor and check them out if you're ever in the area! Everything from the layout of the room to the quick service was top notch! I come to Shands hospital every two months and have now found my favorite place!

• Stayed March 2013
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Gainesville - I-75, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed our service. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

My best friend and I go diving in the high springs area routinely over the past ten years. It's our santuary from the day to day grind. But very often friends and family will accompany and so as not to bore them horribly we stay at the Extended Stay suites. The suites offer a central location to shops including grocery stores, Walmart, movie theaters and Many restaurants. All of these places are within easy walking distance of the hotel. After a long day of diving just outside of the property is everything I need. This has become the only hotel we stay. It is clean and the staff responsive. It is not home but most certainly has become our most familiar place and the kids and our spouses,who occasionally make the trip, appreciate the location, too.
It you're looking for clean, convenient, and at a fair price in the Gainesville area this a good choice. This place is not a hole in the wall.

See ya'

R.C.

• Stayed March 2013
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Gainesville - I-75, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Waldorf, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

My stay was wonderful! The room was clean and everything worked perfectly. The staff was friendly. Check-in and out was simple and quick. Having a kitchen inside the room was great - I could actually cook something instead of having to relay on the fast-food junk, like in other places. Atmosphere was peaceful. Parking no problem - right outside my room.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Gainesville - I-75, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed our clean rooms and friendly staff. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Been to Extended Stay America - Gainesville - I-75? Share your experiences!