“Excellent Stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 44 hotels in Gainesville
Waldorf, Maryland
“Excellent Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

My stay was wonderful! The room was clean and everything worked perfectly. The staff was friendly. Check-in and out was simple and quick. Having a kitchen inside the room was great - I could actually cook something instead of having to relay on the fast-food junk, like in other places. Atmosphere was peaceful. Parking no problem - right outside my room.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Gainesville - I-75, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed our clean rooms and friendly staff. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

52 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
McHenry, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I was to stay 6 nights. The room was dirty. My white socks were gray within an hour of walking around in the room. The walls were dirty. The furniture was dirty and torn, very old. The guest noise and the highway noise were just terrible. We cut our stay short after 3 nights and went somwhere else.

Room Tip: go elsewhere
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Gainesville - I-75, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. The issues you described are not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience.
These issues are not typical at our hotel. I wish you would have given us the opportunity to correct the issues while you were here. I can assure you we have taken corrective measures to prevent this from happening again. My team is committed to complete guest satisfaction.
Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at gan@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you are in the area.
Buffalo, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

a nice hotel especially we was able to cook in our room and shop at stores nearby actully right across the street & eat at resturants near by hotel workers were very friendly and helpful also very respectful

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Gainesville - I-75, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that enjoyed your stay and our friendly staff. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Saint Augustine, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Ok, room was ok for a night...cleanish. Didn't get maid service - suppose they don't clean rooms? Travellers are often 'residents.' Would not stay here again unless Gainesville is totally booked out....still better than Knight's Inn.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Gainesville - I-75, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that you feel the room was just ok for one night and did not like the fact we clean the rooms once a week and not on daily basis. In response to your feedback, I would like to add that we are interested in offering all our guest nice clean rooms at an affordable price. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at gan@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Indianapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Spent a week here. Room was large (approx.12x25), well maintained and clean. Some slight stains on rug near the bath and two cigarette burns in bath (in a non-smoking room). Staff was friendly and helpful. Lots of parking. Rooms were a bit noisy so try for a room at the front of the hotel, the backside faces I 75. Bed was perfect, not too hard or soft. Location couldn't have been better, every chain restaurant you could desire within a mile. The UofF museums are only a couple of miles away. Discounts for a week or a month for snowbirds.

Room Tip: Front rooms are quieter than the back
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Gainesville - I-75, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

We paid in advance for a king room, but the hotel front desk staff gave it to another guest and wouldn't remedy the issue in any way. The dishes were dirty, the coffee pot a fire hazard. The tub was dirty as well. We paid in advance knowing we'd be arriving late, and expected the hotel to honor our purchase. They did not.

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that we were soldout of the room type you requested. I am taking immediate action to ensure that issues you mentioned do not happen again in the future. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. I invite you to contact me at gan@extendedstay.com if you have any additional comments. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel, because I was visiting some family members. I didn't expect the room to be as clean as it was, because of the price being so reasonable. But it was wonderful! Very clean, smelled great and so cozy. I stayed on the ground floor, which I was informed that it was recently renovated.

The office hours are very helpful, 7am - 11pm, but they have someone on staff throughout the night as well. I was locked out around midnight and thankfully the sweet older lady was able to make a new key for me. I believe her name was Patty?

The best part of my stay was the staff! Very friendly and informative! One young lady in specific, she goes by Zee. That young lady is a sweetie pie and very professional! I urge the manager or company to provide her with a raise or a promotion! She is a true delight and a great aspect to this property!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Gainesville - I-75, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our clean rooms and friendly staff. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Been to Extended Stay America - Gainesville - I-75? Share your experiences!