“great stay, great room, great price” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #28 of 43 Hotels in Gainesville
Indianapolis
“great stay, great room, great price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Spent a week here. Room was large (approx.12x25), well maintained and clean. Some slight stains on rug near the bath and two cigarette burns in bath (in a non-smoking room). Staff was friendly and helpful. Lots of parking. Rooms were a bit noisy so try for a room at the front of the hotel, the backside faces I 75. Bed was perfect, not too hard or soft. Location couldn't have been better, every chain restaurant you could desire within a mile. The UofF museums are only a couple of miles away. Discounts for a week or a month for snowbirds.

Room Tip: Front rooms are quieter than the back
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Gainesville - I-75, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013 via mobile

We paid in advance for a king room, but the hotel front desk staff gave it to another guest and wouldn't remedy the issue in any way. The dishes were dirty, the coffee pot a fire hazard. The tub was dirty as well. We paid in advance knowing we'd be arriving late, and expected the hotel to honor our purchase. They did not.

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that we were soldout of the room type you requested. I am taking immediate action to ensure that issues you mentioned do not happen again in the future. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. I invite you to contact me at gan@extendedstay.com if you have any additional comments. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel, because I was visiting some family members. I didn't expect the room to be as clean as it was, because of the price being so reasonable. But it was wonderful! Very clean, smelled great and so cozy. I stayed on the ground floor, which I was informed that it was recently renovated.

The office hours are very helpful, 7am - 11pm, but they have someone on staff throughout the night as well. I was locked out around midnight and thankfully the sweet older lady was able to make a new key for me. I believe her name was Patty?

The best part of my stay was the staff! Very friendly and informative! One young lady in specific, she goes by Zee. That young lady is a sweetie pie and very professional! I urge the manager or company to provide her with a raise or a promotion! She is a true delight and a great aspect to this property!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Gainesville - I-75, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our clean rooms and friendly staff. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We frequently visit the Gainesville, FL area & have stayed on numerous occasions at the Extended Stay. Our kids live in the area but now & then we have stayed the motel & were always very pleased with the staff & their offer to be of help when needed.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Gainesville - I-75, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm thrilled that you were pleased with our staff and service. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.
charlotte.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I stayed here over the Oct 19th weekend while visiting for a Gator Game. While the price was decent for a game weekend, $200/night, the motel left a lot to be desired. Shower was all moldy, carpets felt damp and the sheets looked old and worn. I know college kids dont mind, but if you're looking for a decent place to stay, this isnt it. Lots of road noise as well, being right next to I-75.

Room Tip: If you have to stay, ask for a room away from Highway.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The shower and carpet issues you described are not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. To prevent this from happening again, my team has thoroughly inspected and addressed these items in this unit. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at gan@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Columbus, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Due to my job requiring me to stay in hotels that accept CLC, I chose this hotel for a one night stay. This hotel rates in the 5 WORSE hotels I have stayed in during my 35 years of traveling on my job. The property itself is depressing looking. The elevator smelled so bad (like melted plastic) that I took the stairs. My room was dimly lit, ragged, and had an odor of mold. The parking lot was scary to walk in at night due to the poor lighting. Even the stairwells had lights out (tough to navigate at night). The walkways were filthy and cracking in many places.

Spend a couple of bucks more and stay at the numerous other properties on the same street.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Gainesville - I-75, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America Gainesville - I-75. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

Palm City, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

OK it was UF's parent weekend - unfortunately I waited too long before booking a hotel - many were already full. Lesson learned. Figured how bad could this be - was one of the least expensive at $84/night.
Reasons to not stay here:

1. Room faced highway. Tractor trailer noise galore. Loud - could not sleep. Stuffed tissue
paper in my ears to no avail.
2. No shampoo. My husband had to go to Publix the next morning and buy a bottle.
3. No hair dryer. Thank goodness I threw one in my bag at the last minute.
4. Blinding flourescent lighting - flipping the switch on in the middle of the night to go to the
bathroom was a big mistake.
5. A/C noise. When the tractor trailer noise died down the A/C unit would start up like a
jet engine.
6. No extra pillows. They were small anyway.
7. Hard bed.
8 Could hear muffled voices in other room(s). They were not yelling.
9. Oh - the fan in the bathroom was - guess - Noisy.

Needless to say, we were happy that our "extended stay" lasted only one night. I think I would have had to stay in my daughter's residence hall if we had booked another night.

Reason to stay again: (but we won't be)
The people at the front desk were friendly when we checked in.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Gainesville - I-75. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Been to Extended Stay America - Gainesville - I-75? Share your experiences!