“Old, Musty and not well maintained” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #27 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
charlotte.
“Old, Musty and not well maintained”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I stayed here over the Oct 19th weekend while visiting for a Gator Game. While the price was decent for a game weekend, $200/night, the motel left a lot to be desired. Shower was all moldy, carpets felt damp and the sheets looked old and worn. I know college kids dont mind, but if you're looking for a decent place to stay, this isnt it. Lots of road noise as well, being right next to I-75.

Room Tip: If you have to stay, ask for a room away from Highway.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Gainesville - I-75, responded to this review, November 10, 2012
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. The shower and carpet issues you described are not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. To prevent this from happening again, my team has thoroughly inspected and addressed these items in this unit. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at gan@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Columbus, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Due to my job requiring me to stay in hotels that accept CLC, I chose this hotel for a one night stay. This hotel rates in the 5 WORSE hotels I have stayed in during my 35 years of traveling on my job. The property itself is depressing looking. The elevator smelled so bad (like melted plastic) that I took the stairs. My room was dimly lit, ragged, and had an odor of mold. The parking lot was scary to walk in at night due to the poor lighting. Even the stairwells had lights out (tough to navigate at night). The walkways were filthy and cracking in many places.

Spend a couple of bucks more and stay at the numerous other properties on the same street.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
mgrmaf, Manager at Extended Stay America - Gainesville - I-75, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Extended Stay America Gainesville - I-75. Given our company's commitment to superior guest satisfaction, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. Please understand how truly sorry I am.

Palm City, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

OK it was UF's parent weekend - unfortunately I waited too long before booking a hotel - many were already full. Lesson learned. Figured how bad could this be - was one of the least expensive at $84/night.
Reasons to not stay here:

1. Room faced highway. Tractor trailer noise galore. Loud - could not sleep. Stuffed tissue
paper in my ears to no avail.
2. No shampoo. My husband had to go to Publix the next morning and buy a bottle.
3. No hair dryer. Thank goodness I threw one in my bag at the last minute.
4. Blinding flourescent lighting - flipping the switch on in the middle of the night to go to the
bathroom was a big mistake.
5. A/C noise. When the tractor trailer noise died down the A/C unit would start up like a
jet engine.
6. No extra pillows. They were small anyway.
7. Hard bed.
8 Could hear muffled voices in other room(s). They were not yelling.
9. Oh - the fan in the bathroom was - guess - Noisy.

Needless to say, we were happy that our "extended stay" lasted only one night. I think I would have had to stay in my daughter's residence hall if we had booked another night.

Reason to stay again: (but we won't be)
The people at the front desk were friendly when we checked in.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Gainesville - I-75. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Sanibel, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

We had a Dr. visit and Extended Stay offers discounted rates for hospital and Dr. visits. The room was clean, comfortable and an awesome value for the money. The location was perfect for our needs. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Gainesville - I-75, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Gainesville - I-75. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

I have been here over a week and have 5 more days to go. It was a great choice for a extended stay, Plenty of room and the Kitchen is a huge bonus for me. (Id rather cook then eat out all the time) You have a full size fridge M/wave oven sink and 2-burner range. (No oven, it would be nice to have that) and a big sink, Comes with a couple pots, plates and silver wear. I do carry a flat electric griddle, which is great to cook meats or eggs on. I was able to cook almost everything I wanted, except cornbread lol.
During my stay every mattress in the whole place was changed out for brand new pillow top Mattress and box springs.. Man these made me sleep like a baby. Bathroom is a bit small but I am a big guy so that’s kind of the norm for me. TV could be better. The grounds are very clean and well kept.
The staff is top notch and very helpful and friendly. My stay is for 17 days so I got a wonderful rate per night. (I do wish the offered a late checkout for free) I also had room to park my bus with the use of cones to mark my parking spots. Its kind of a tight spot but easy enough for a good bus driver. If need be there is a field across the road to park a truck in for you truckers reading this! Target is a stones throw away and there are plenty of fast food and sit down restaurants in the area. Publix Super Market (the best grocery store in the south) and many other stores are all walking distance. They also have an on-site laundry room, It stays very clean and its taken good care of. Two bucks to wash and two bucks to dry, and clothes dry with one cycle. A big Plus this property is right by I-75.. I WOULD STAY HERE AGAIN WITHOUT A SECOND THOUGHT!

Room Tip: They have a elevator so any floor is good !
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Gainesville - I-75. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is ""Excellence Every Day, Every Way"", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

The overall hotel is nice! Staff is also nice! Price is reasonable! Location is great!... near I75 and tons of restaurants, grocery stores, dept stores, movie theater and mall. This is not an extended stay deluxe like we stayed in Ga. It has a kitchen with full size fridge, microwave, sink and 2 burners then a bathroom, small dining room table w/ 2 chairs and normal regular bedroom area. Wish it had more cupboard space but it does beat having a mini fridge and microwave only. (The extended stay Deluxe hotels have more room with a living room and dining room area and large closet which is nicer for our very long extended stays) This one does not have a pool or weight lifting room either which I really do miss!

Beds in pet room aren't as comfortable as the pillow top ones in the other rooms so we just brought along a foam pad to help. Guess that's the price ya pay for having a pet.

They do allow pets for a small one time fee and do have smoking rooms but ya have to stay on the 3rd floor. Kind of hard to get a puppy down 3 flights of steps when they need to go... lol! It does have an elevator but I don't want to take a chance of a mess.

It has a nice large and clean coin laundry room with 4 washers and 6 dryers that they fix rather quickly if one breaks down.

The rooms are clean and haven't seen any bugs at all. Been here 2 months and the rooms do have a preventive bug spraying. Housekeeping doesn't clean appliances but I would rather do that myself anyhow. Housekeeping is included with the price once a week for extended stays and you can go down and get anything you need during the week... ie: towels, bathroom tissues, garbage bags, linens and etc. They also offer housekeeping to come more often for a small fee, if ya like.

The free wifi hasn't given me any problems. TV has the basic channels needed. Plenty of parking spaces. Not real noisy except for an occasional door closing loudly... would probably recommend a room facing the front or side versus the back where the hwy is. People that stay here are nice and haven't had any problems with anyone. A/C and heat work well and aren't noisey. There are 2 luggage carts located in front of the office for convenince. Office stays open from 7am til 11 pm mon thru fri... not sure of the weekend hours.

Only problem we have had here is with our mail. When we went home for a weekend, I received mail and coincidently, there was another couple staying here that weekend and the man had the same first and last name as my husband and the staff didn't pay attention to the room number on the mail... even tho my first name is different from his wife's... they didn't catch it and I have no idea why she accepted the mail knowing she was only here for a weekend except for the fact she thought she would get away with it?! Luckily, both packages had tracking numbers and the staff did figure out what happened and contacted her and the hotel did pay to get it back here to me. I was still upset that BOTH pkgs were opened by the other woman with the same last name! I could have pressed charges... opening someone's else's mail is a felony! I really do think that an ID check should be done before giving out mail at any hotel!

Room Tip: one facing the front or side... backside probably would be noisey from I75 hwy
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

Stayed for 1 night on the back side. Lighting wasn't the best. Great location off I-75, restaurants and shooping withing walking distance.
☺ Two very small pillows on bed. My advise if your staying there, bring your own pillow.

Room Tip: Bring your own pillow.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Extended Stay America - Gainesville - I-75? Share your experiences!