OK it was UF's parent weekend - unfortunately I waited too long before booking a hotel - many were already full. Lesson learned. Figured how bad could this be - was one of the least expensive at $84/night.
Reasons to not stay here:
1. Room faced highway. Tractor trailer noise galore. Loud - could not sleep. Stuffed tissue
paper in my ears to no avail.
2. No shampoo. My husband had to go to Publix the next morning and buy a bottle.
3. No hair dryer. Thank goodness I threw one in my bag at the last minute.
4. Blinding flourescent lighting - flipping the switch on in the middle of the night to go to the
bathroom was a big mistake.
5. A/C noise. When the tractor trailer noise died down the A/C unit would start up like a
6. No extra pillows. They were small anyway.
7. Hard bed.
8 Could hear muffled voices in other room(s). They were not yelling.
9. Oh - the fan in the bathroom was - guess - Noisy.
Needless to say, we were happy that our "extended stay" lasted only one night. I think I would have had to stay in my daughter's residence hall if we had booked another night.
Reason to stay again: (but we won't be)
The people at the front desk were friendly when we checked in.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Extended Stay, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Extended Stay America - Gainesville - I-75 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Extended Stayamerica Gainesville Hotel Gainesville
- Extended Stay America Gainesville
- Extended Stay Gainesville
- Gainesville Extended Stay