“Excellent value and comfortable room” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #27 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
Sanibel, Florida, United States
“Excellent value and comfortable room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

We had a Dr. visit and Extended Stay offers discounted rates for hospital and Dr. visits. The room was clean, comfortable and an awesome value for the money. The location was perfect for our needs. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Gainesville - I-75, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Extended Stay America Gainesville - I-75. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. As a member of the Extended Stay Hotels(sm) family, we are proud to be a part of the premier lodging source for business and leisure travelers looking for a great room at a great rate. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. By continuing to provide our valued guests with exceptional value, we know Extended Stay Hotels(sm) will remain the #1 extended stay lodging source in the North America.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

I have been here over a week and have 5 more days to go. It was a great choice for a extended stay, Plenty of room and the Kitchen is a huge bonus for me. (Id rather cook then eat out all the time) You have a full size fridge M/wave oven sink and 2-burner range. (No oven, it would be nice to have that) and a big sink, Comes with a couple pots, plates and silver wear. I do carry a flat electric griddle, which is great to cook meats or eggs on. I was able to cook almost everything I wanted, except cornbread lol.
During my stay every mattress in the whole place was changed out for brand new pillow top Mattress and box springs.. Man these made me sleep like a baby. Bathroom is a bit small but I am a big guy so that’s kind of the norm for me. TV could be better. The grounds are very clean and well kept.
The staff is top notch and very helpful and friendly. My stay is for 17 days so I got a wonderful rate per night. (I do wish the offered a late checkout for free) I also had room to park my bus with the use of cones to mark my parking spots. Its kind of a tight spot but easy enough for a good bus driver. If need be there is a field across the road to park a truck in for you truckers reading this! Target is a stones throw away and there are plenty of fast food and sit down restaurants in the area. Publix Super Market (the best grocery store in the south) and many other stores are all walking distance. They also have an on-site laundry room, It stays very clean and its taken good care of. Two bucks to wash and two bucks to dry, and clothes dry with one cycle. A big Plus this property is right by I-75.. I WOULD STAY HERE AGAIN WITHOUT A SECOND THOUGHT!

Room Tip: They have a elevator so any floor is good !
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Gainesville - I-75. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is ""Excellence Every Day, Every Way"", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

The overall hotel is nice! Staff is also nice! Price is reasonable! Location is great!... near I75 and tons of restaurants, grocery stores, dept stores, movie theater and mall. This is not an extended stay deluxe like we stayed in Ga. It has a kitchen with full size fridge, microwave, sink and 2 burners then a bathroom, small dining room table w/ 2 chairs and normal regular bedroom area. Wish it had more cupboard space but it does beat having a mini fridge and microwave only. (The extended stay Deluxe hotels have more room with a living room and dining room area and large closet which is nicer for our very long extended stays) This one does not have a pool or weight lifting room either which I really do miss!

Beds in pet room aren't as comfortable as the pillow top ones in the other rooms so we just brought along a foam pad to help. Guess that's the price ya pay for having a pet.

They do allow pets for a small one time fee and do have smoking rooms but ya have to stay on the 3rd floor. Kind of hard to get a puppy down 3 flights of steps when they need to go... lol! It does have an elevator but I don't want to take a chance of a mess.

It has a nice large and clean coin laundry room with 4 washers and 6 dryers that they fix rather quickly if one breaks down.

The rooms are clean and haven't seen any bugs at all. Been here 2 months and the rooms do have a preventive bug spraying. Housekeeping doesn't clean appliances but I would rather do that myself anyhow. Housekeeping is included with the price once a week for extended stays and you can go down and get anything you need during the week... ie: towels, bathroom tissues, garbage bags, linens and etc. They also offer housekeeping to come more often for a small fee, if ya like.

The free wifi hasn't given me any problems. TV has the basic channels needed. Plenty of parking spaces. Not real noisy except for an occasional door closing loudly... would probably recommend a room facing the front or side versus the back where the hwy is. People that stay here are nice and haven't had any problems with anyone. A/C and heat work well and aren't noisey. There are 2 luggage carts located in front of the office for convenince. Office stays open from 7am til 11 pm mon thru fri... not sure of the weekend hours.

Only problem we have had here is with our mail. When we went home for a weekend, I received mail and coincidently, there was another couple staying here that weekend and the man had the same first and last name as my husband and the staff didn't pay attention to the room number on the mail... even tho my first name is different from his wife's... they didn't catch it and I have no idea why she accepted the mail knowing she was only here for a weekend except for the fact she thought she would get away with it?! Luckily, both packages had tracking numbers and the staff did figure out what happened and contacted her and the hotel did pay to get it back here to me. I was still upset that BOTH pkgs were opened by the other woman with the same last name! I could have pressed charges... opening someone's else's mail is a felony! I really do think that an ID check should be done before giving out mail at any hotel!

Room Tip: one facing the front or side... backside probably would be noisey from I75 hwy
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

Stayed for 1 night on the back side. Lighting wasn't the best. Great location off I-75, restaurants and shooping withing walking distance.
☺ Two very small pillows on bed. My advise if your staying there, bring your own pillow.

Room Tip: Bring your own pillow.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Gainesville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

I stayed for only 2 nights in August. I used Priceline and got a room for a little cheaper than their website lists per night. The weekly and monthly rates seemed a little high to me, so I moved elsewhere for an extended stay. Overall, I was satisfied. The building was nice and clean. My room was on the front side, and it was quite, and rather nice to look at with all the trees! The room was very nice and a good size! I was very pleased, but wish I could have worked a better deal so I could have stayed there the entire 2 weeks I was in town! I would recommend this place. The location was very good, just off the highway at Archer Rd, a few minutes from the University and the hospital, and within walking distance to several restaurants, grocery store, and shopping.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Wurtsboro, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011

I travel to Gainesville frequently and tend to sample different places to stay. We stayed in this hotel during a busy time in town (students returning to college). It was difficult to get median priced rooms in the area, so this came up for $85 a night. Since the prices were so jacked up all over Gainesville, and the reviews were good, I thought we would give it a try. I will pay $100 for the standard hotels next time. I would also like you to know that I rarely complain about my accomodations because I am not a picky traveler.

First, the beds are like tables with sheets and a bedspread on them. They are absolutely the hardest beds I have ever encountered!

The rooms are clean, but they lack many of the small things given in hotels these days. For example, there was no hairdryer, no shampoo, etc. These are small things, but because all hotels seem to offer these items today, people generally travel without packing them.

I got up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom and the toilet started to overflow - luckily the hotel staff provided us with our very own plunger nearby the toilet. I have never been to a hotel that had a toilet overflow, and I especially have never seen a plunger in the bathroom.

Also, my husband overslept while I was at my meeting and they told him if he was not out by 11:30 (check-out time is 11:00), they would automatically charge him for an additional day. Most of the times hotel policy is courteous about this kind of situation and will try to help you out.

If you are paying $40 for this room - it would be great. You would then be getting what you paid for. $85 is a complete rip off - I don't care how busy the town is! And, on top of the $85, they charged us $4.95 for an internet connection.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Huntsville, AL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2011

We stayed here for 6 nights in December. We were in town visiting family, so we were really just in the room to sleep and get ready in the mornings. The rooms are not fancy, but are very clean, as are the bathrooms. The mini-kitchen with full sized fridge was a huge bonus and is so convenient for a family with children. We found the beds and pillows to be very comfortable. We stayed on the side facing the parking lot, so we did not hear one single bit of interstate noise. Target, Publix and many other stores and restaurants are literally within walking distance and this hotel is located in a safe, nice part of town. The $5 internet fee (per stay) was very reasonable and the internet service worked well. We paid the extra $10 to have our room cleaned one extra time mid-week and afterwards we noticed the bathroom was not cleaned very well. I nicely let the manager know and he could not have been more understanding and helpful. He refunded the $10 (extra cleaning fee) and had the cleaning lady re-clean our bathroom the next day and she did a thorough job. The manager seemed very nice, friendly and ready to anything he can to make our stay superb. I would stay at this hotel again without any question, especially if trying to stay on a budget. We had an overall wonderful experience!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family

Been to Extended Stay America - Gainesville - I-75? Share your experiences!