“Nice, Clean Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #28 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
florida
“Nice, Clean Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

Stayed for 1 night on the back side. Lighting wasn't the best. Great location off I-75, restaurants and shooping withing walking distance.
☺ Two very small pillows on bed. My advise if your staying there, bring your own pillow.

Room Tip: Bring your own pillow.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Gainesville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

I stayed for only 2 nights in August. I used Priceline and got a room for a little cheaper than their website lists per night. The weekly and monthly rates seemed a little high to me, so I moved elsewhere for an extended stay. Overall, I was satisfied. The building was nice and clean. My room was on the front side, and it was quite, and rather nice to look at with all the trees! The room was very nice and a good size! I was very pleased, but wish I could have worked a better deal so I could have stayed there the entire 2 weeks I was in town! I would recommend this place. The location was very good, just off the highway at Archer Rd, a few minutes from the University and the hospital, and within walking distance to several restaurants, grocery store, and shopping.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Wurtsboro, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011

I travel to Gainesville frequently and tend to sample different places to stay. We stayed in this hotel during a busy time in town (students returning to college). It was difficult to get median priced rooms in the area, so this came up for $85 a night. Since the prices were so jacked up all over Gainesville, and the reviews were good, I thought we would give it a try. I will pay $100 for the standard hotels next time. I would also like you to know that I rarely complain about my accomodations because I am not a picky traveler.

First, the beds are like tables with sheets and a bedspread on them. They are absolutely the hardest beds I have ever encountered!

The rooms are clean, but they lack many of the small things given in hotels these days. For example, there was no hairdryer, no shampoo, etc. These are small things, but because all hotels seem to offer these items today, people generally travel without packing them.

I got up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom and the toilet started to overflow - luckily the hotel staff provided us with our very own plunger nearby the toilet. I have never been to a hotel that had a toilet overflow, and I especially have never seen a plunger in the bathroom.

Also, my husband overslept while I was at my meeting and they told him if he was not out by 11:30 (check-out time is 11:00), they would automatically charge him for an additional day. Most of the times hotel policy is courteous about this kind of situation and will try to help you out.

If you are paying $40 for this room - it would be great. You would then be getting what you paid for. $85 is a complete rip off - I don't care how busy the town is! And, on top of the $85, they charged us $4.95 for an internet connection.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Huntsville, AL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2011

We stayed here for 6 nights in December. We were in town visiting family, so we were really just in the room to sleep and get ready in the mornings. The rooms are not fancy, but are very clean, as are the bathrooms. The mini-kitchen with full sized fridge was a huge bonus and is so convenient for a family with children. We found the beds and pillows to be very comfortable. We stayed on the side facing the parking lot, so we did not hear one single bit of interstate noise. Target, Publix and many other stores and restaurants are literally within walking distance and this hotel is located in a safe, nice part of town. The $5 internet fee (per stay) was very reasonable and the internet service worked well. We paid the extra $10 to have our room cleaned one extra time mid-week and afterwards we noticed the bathroom was not cleaned very well. I nicely let the manager know and he could not have been more understanding and helpful. He refunded the $10 (extra cleaning fee) and had the cleaning lady re-clean our bathroom the next day and she did a thorough job. The manager seemed very nice, friendly and ready to anything he can to make our stay superb. I would stay at this hotel again without any question, especially if trying to stay on a budget. We had an overall wonderful experience!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
pittsburgh
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2011

Very nice place to stay during a one night stop on business .. room was clean, bed was ok, and price was right. One and only complaint was the noise .. the Interstate sits directly behind this hotel, so ask for a room facing front ... colleagues stayed in rooms at front and it was perfectly quiet .. much different story at back as you just cant avoid the highway noise except for being able to turn heater on and drown it out as much as possible.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2010

I got my room for $34 for one night on Priceline. The pillows were horrible, so bring your own. The bed was not real comfortable. Other than that, it was great for the money. I wasn't paying for the Ritz-Carlton! The staff was very friendly and efficient, it's in a great location, and it was clean. Yes, there are a lot of construction workers staying there, but I just needed a place to sleep and it was great!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2010

Just got back from our second stay at this hotel just off interstate 75. A very average hotel with a nice low rate.

The room pluses include a full size refrigerator; although it had mold on top (see picture); table and chair; lounge chair; microwave; coffee maker with one complementary serving (you will need to bring some or pick-up more at the local grocery store); toaster; plates; glasses; silverware.

The couple things that were lacking that was strange was a hair dryer and shampoo. We had to go to the close-by Walmart to buy these since we hadn't brought this with us. This added an extra unexpected cost to our two night stay.

The bed was very hard. Wasn't able to get used to that. The air conditioning worked perfect and we really liked how it ran all night to drown out the highway traffic. Highly recommended you ask for a room that ISN'T in the back of the property. These all face the interstate along with a second road where every semi truck or motorcycle can be heard through the night. In fact it is so close that the GPS thought we were on Interstate 75.

The desk service was great. One of the cleaning ladies started the day off right by wishing us a very sincere 'good morning..how are you?' with a smile. There is plenty of parking, several gas stations and a ton of restaurants, many that you can walk to. Could easily walk to the Target and there is a Walmart just a little further down. Several grocery stores are in the nearby shopping centers. The University of Florida is about 5-15 minutes away; depending on the part of campus. The UF art and history museums are 5 minutes; while the central part of campus is closer to 15 minutes away.

Based on the low price the couple times we stayed, this would be a good option for someone wanting to save on the budget.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Extended Stay America - Gainesville - I-75? Share your experiences!