“Great value, clean and friendly” 5 of 5 stars

Super 8 Gainesville
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   4202 SW 40th Blvd, Gainesville, FL 32608   |
Ranked #22 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
Satellite Beach, Florida
“Great value, clean and friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

This hotel has a friendly staff, clean rooms. Continental breakfast provided: bagels, rolls, yogurt, fruit, orange juice, coffee, milk, cereals, oatmeal, toast, and make your own waffles. Location is excellent, close to a multitude of restaurants and shopping. Great price, highly recommend.

• Stayed September 2013
super8gainesville, Manager at Super 8 Gainesville, responded to this review, December 29, 2013
We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. Our staff works hard to make our hotel a "home away from home". We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Gainesville.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

I visited Gainesville, FL for the football game. I read all sorts of reviews about this property & others before I made my decision. The prices were fantastic. The front desk personal upon check in was quick & courteous. To go to a hotel during a football game & not think that you are maybe going to smell smoke, hear people partying, & maybe smell marijuana is ridiculous. If you don't expect that type of atmosphere then don't go. The rooms was clean, the breakfast was great, the a/c worked really well. The front desk staff went above & beyond. If you want to stay in a budget hotel & pay a budget amount this is the best of them all. If you want a high end experience with a higher end clientele, this isn't the property for you. If you want to go & have a good time, with a clean room & money still in your pocket I highly recommend the Super 8!

Room Tip: Book through the property, I would ask for manager. She knows her stuff!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
We are so happy you enjoy staying with us. We try to go above and beyond to accomodate all our guests needs as best we can. We look forward to seeing you again next time you are in Gainesville.
Windermere, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel last week and what a dreadful experience! To start with, the parking lot was littered with trash and someone's unwanted chicken wing bones and side dishes. It remained there the two days I was there. I had placed some food items in the cold fridge and left for the day. When I came back the refrigerator had been unplugged I guess by cleaning staff as there was no one else there all day and $25 worth of food was lost. When I called the front desk, their response was "they wouldn't do that". Which brings me to the next issue... Horrible customer service! I can think of a few better responses. The front desk staff including the manager is grossly underqualified to be in their line of business.
Finally not only the smell of cigarette smoke permeates the ENTIRE building but the smell of marijuana was overpowering as you walk down the halls. When the man in the room next to me opened his door to randomly yell at me the stench of weed was so bad Im pretty sure I got a contact high. When I again called the front desk they said they would call the man. They did and the man said he wasnt (duh) and they said I was wrong... The class of people that stay and linger outside made me extremely uncomfortable and I felt super unsafe just walking to my car. Very shady characters. Stay somewhere else!!!!

• Stayed September 2013
I am sorry to see you feel this way. I must say I am surprised as our staff works hard to maintain our property, keeping it clean and safe. I will speak with the staff regarding your concerns.

Been to Super 8 Gainesville? Share your experiences!