“Super 8 Gainesville,Fl” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #21 of 43 Hotels in Gainesville
Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
“Super 8 Gainesville,Fl”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

We stayed at Super 8 in Gainesville, Fl and the staff was very pleasant when we arrived until the time we left. Our stay was for 10 days. Housekeeping did an excellent job in cleaning the rooms and were very cheerful and hardworking.( You don't see that too often) Our rm was on the 3rd floor, NS room with ref/.micro. We liked it for it had laminate flooring. There was no smoke smells in the room. We did get our exercise for there was no elevator. We would definitely recommend staying there:)

Room Tip: 3rd floor NS rm 321 has laminate flooring I think there were only 2 rms that did. Nice rm,quiet.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
super8gainesville, Manager at Super 8 Gainesville, responded to this review, March 8, 2012
We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We really enjoy hearing feedback on our rooms as we work hard to maintain them. We hope you will come back and see us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Pinconning, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2011

My stay here at Super 8 in Gainesville was very enjoyable. The front desk staff was friendly, the room was clean, and the bed was comfortable. There was complimentary wireless internet and continental breakfast. The room did look like it had been recently updated with new hardwood floors. One thing I should mention that is somewhat outside of the hotel's control is the noise from the highway. It is right near I-75, and if you are sensitive to noises, the traffic may be bothersome. In that case, a room further from the highway may be better.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the highway are probably quieter.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
super8gainesville, Owner at Super 8 Gainesville, responded to this review, January 11, 2012
Thank You for staying with us. We always enjoy reading feedback from our guest. We hope to see you again soon.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2011

My husband and i stayed 2 days. For the price, the non smoking room was very clean. I am a very picky person and i was impressed. I really liked the floors, no carpet but tile that was great. all staff persons were pleasant.You want regret checking into the super 8. Go gators!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: If you don't like noises make sure you choose top floor
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
super8gainesville, Manager at Super 8 Gainesville, responded to this review, January 11, 2012
We here at the Super 8 are glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. Its always great to hear feedback from our guests. We value your business and look forward to seeing you again.
Idaho Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2011

I've been staying in Super8 for couple nights and I did not have a feeling that I was staying at the hotel. Nowadays it is very hard to find not expensive and at the same time nice and clean hotel. But I found it and the name of this hotel is the Super 8!!!!!!! The location is great, very quiet and peaceful place. Front desk was very polite, friendly and helpful. Though there's no elevator but staff immediately solved this problem and helped me with my bags. My room was perfect clean and I am very thankful for making me happy and feeling comfortable. Thank you for treating me like a special guest and see you soon...

Room Tip: great location, super clean room, friendly staff, free wi-fi and breakfast
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
Im happy to see you felt you were treated as a special guest! We do our best to make your stay a home away from home. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Sweden
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2011

Stayed at this expensive and mold.smelling joke of motel this summer. Staff was young and unexperienced, and sighed even as they saw us aproach the counter. (I guess its much more fun to play with your phone than help guest or solving problems)

there is no elevator so you have to litterally pull your bags up the narrow och steep stairway. Ignored by the staff that suddenly fled behind the counter? You got it!

the room smelled like smoke and mold, the bed was old and hard as a rock. bathroom was tiny and the hot water dissapered almost as fast as the staff facing a problem

when I previously posted my review I gave it the grade "poor". But somehow, this motel has negatived my review and claimed that its not them and that I have reviewed the wrong motel - and in a mysterious way my review has dissapered! But belive me folks, I would not forget a motel as lousy as this one!

Gainesville is really nice but this motel was truly a mess - from the minute I walked in there ....

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
super8gainesville, Owner at Super 8 Gainesville, responded to this review, January 29, 2012
I would like to thank you for your input. I was surprised to see some of your comments because we pride ourselves on our customer service. We have made some changes since this summer and are continuously working on improving our property and staff.
Cleveland, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2011

The rate was great. The location didn't matter much because I was just sleeping there between destinations. The room was clean, and there was a coffee pot for the morning. The girl at the front desk was friendly when I checked in, and the check out process was just fine.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
super8gainesville, Owner at Super 8 Gainesville, responded to this review, December 7, 2011
I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay. We are working extra hard to make this hotel above our franchise brand standards. Come Back and see us...would love to hear about what you think about the changes we are about to undergo.

Have a Happy Holiday!!!
Williamsburg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2011

I was actually very surprised with the condition of the room. I had a non-smoking room and the hallway did smell of smoke. I will be cautious of motels that allow pets to stay next time though. I think the room we had had a pet in it before because there were a few hairs in the bathtub. Overall though, I will stay again if I don't have any other choice.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Thanks for the input. After reading the reviews, the hotel management is thinking of designating floors that are non-smoking. We are also looking into renovations...we hope let us know what you think. Have a Happy Holiday!

Been to Super 8 Gainesville? Share your experiences!