“Clean, comfortable beds” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 44 hotels in Gainesville
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Clean, comfortable beds”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2010

The rooms were clean and the beds are comfortable. Compared to the La Quinta I stayed in the previous night, this is not up to La Quinta standards. It is an older, and I'm sure a remodeled property. The water pressure for the shower was not much more than a trickle, although lots of water from the tub faucet. If this is done to save water, it is not being accomplished as we had to take longer showers due to the low water pressure. Also, the water would change from warm to cold when other water was used close by. The wi-fi was also weak. when I asked at the front desk, I was told that was normal. I have not had any problem with wifi at other La Quintas. The breakfast was the most frustrating. It is served only until 9:00am, at a motel in Florida with people on vacation. And I think just about everyone in the motel descended upon the breakfast room at 8:45am. The waffle machine was slow - the waffles stuck to the griddle and the only thing suggested by the front desk was a wet rag. They said they were told by the manufacturer to not spray oil when the unit was hot, and with 5 and 10 people standing in line, it stayed hot. And the waffle mix dispenser constantly clogged up, but with no staff there to watch, that made getting a waffle a long procedure. At least they did not close down the breakfast room at 9AM when so many people were still waiting to eat. On Saturday morning, there was a man who tried to keep things better supplied and the line moving a little faster. We were there three mornings and there was no one to help the other two.
I happened to luck into a very good room rate, and was not rushed in the morning, so we were not too bothered by the lack of interest from the staff, especially compared to my first night stay at a La Quinta in another city. But if I had paid their normal rates, I would have felt more negative. And by the way, I got that same good rate at the earlier La Quinta. I would recommend this property to someone who understands the possibility of the lack of service. Maid service was very competent, so room was kept clean and comfortable.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends

239 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2010

My wife, 2 young children and I stayed at the La Quinta during the Orange and Blue spring game. The room was nice and big..queen bed with a pull out couch (I think it was room 206). I noticed most of the rooms faced the parking lot, but ours did not and was very quiet. The beds were comfortable and the room was clean. We have stayed in much more expensive hotels that were smaller and dated. The breakfast was not so good. The kids liked the pool..which was heated so we Miamians could tolerate the cold. This is by no means the Ritz, so my rating is on a curve due to the price.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Kutztown, Pennsylvania
1,480 reviews 1,480 reviews
1,359 helpful votes 1,359 helpful votes
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2010

We stayed 3 nights at this LaQuinta which is just off I-75. We requested a quiet room facing away from the interstate and got a good room on the 4th floor away from road noise. The beds were excellent and there were 3 pillows per bed. The room was very clean and had only a coffee maker. The rooms at this place could use microwaves and refrigerators in each room to provide more convenience. Breakfast was adequate although not special--except for making your own waffles, there is nothing hot. There were bagels (only one kind--plain and boring) and bread for toast; 2 kinds of cold cereal, fruit, yogurt,, hard boiled eggs and packaged muffins. Senior rate was about $50 per night for 2 persons, very reasonable. The motel is off Newberry Road, which is 5 miles from the university, a direct drive east into the downtown. Overall, not a bad stay.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Milwaukee, WI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2010

The room was decent. All rooms face outside, so can be loud in the morning. The breakfast was an OK continental breakfast.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Coral Springs, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2010

I booked this hotel through Priceline for a very low price. Immediately after booking, I went to Tripadvisor to see the reviews on this hotel. Based on the reviews, I was nervous.

However, this hotel ended up being pretty decent – much better than some of the older reviews indicated. The rooms were clean – nothing special – typical motel style. The staff was friendly and helpful (we requested cribs for our young children). The free breakfast was a nice little bonus.

If you’re looking for the Ritz Carlton, you’re not going to find it here. However, if you need a decent place to stay while you’re travelling down I-75 or visiting Gainesville for a couple days, this hotel is a great value.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
Miami
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2009 via mobile

This place is great if you are just passing through! It is of course not the Ritz, but our room was clean and I love La Quinta's pet policy.

• Stayed December 2009
Key West, Fl
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2009

We stayed at La Quinta for 3 nights the first week in Oct and it was great. Check in was quick and simple and the front desk lady even offered to put us all close by. There were a few of us in town for a wedding. Breakfast was delicious and early which we really liked. Our room was prefect. A King bed on the first floor. I think it was 118. Very clean and spacious. Housekeeping was great cleaning out room and always leaving plenty of towels and soap. My only concern would be that the towels were really old. One of our hand towels was shredded and had a big hole in it. They should probably update those, but besides that everything was great. Also the pool was perfect for an afternoon dip.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to La Quinta Inn Gainesville? Share your experiences!