Front desk representative was nice and prompt at getting us checked in. We had room 107, which is the bottom floor, closest room to the door for the lobby for breakfast. I should have thought about the location of the room and asked for another before moving our stuff in, but hindsight is 20-20. The room was clean and spacious, with a King sized bed, an armchair, and table with two chairs. Everything was fine until breakfast started. Starting around 6:30-7am we were awoken by a loud thumping noise, sounding like it was coming from above us. We thought it was either the room upstairs opening their door and letting it slam shut, or that a kid was bouncing a ball. It kept happening often enough that I decided it wasn't either of those things, because who would be opening and shutting their door that often (it was literally every 5 seconds or so). This continued (and we lay awake without sleep) until we got up for breakfast around 8:30. When we opened the door to the lobby we realized when it shut behind us, what we had been hearing this whole time. The door slammed every time someone had come in and out of the door for breakfast. You would think they would put a dampener or something on it to prevent it from slamming so hard (the doors to the room have them on them, so they don't slam, so why can't this one? Especially when it's in use so much...) When you're trying to sleep and every five or ten seconds something slams hard enough to make the picture on the wall vibrate, you end up wanting to kill the next person who goes out the door. This needs to be fixed asap. I paid the same price as others who got a good night's sleep, further from the door. Also, all of the patrons walking by our window chatting en route to breakfast was also annoying.
Other than the lack of sleep from other patrons and slamming doors, the room was clean and comfortable. The breakfast was included, though a little dull (only dry cereal or waffles were offered, no eggs or anything besides sweet stuff). I'd stay here again if I knew my room was going to be on the third floor at the back of the hotel.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Gainesville Hotel
- La Quinta Gainesville Hotel Gainesville
- La Quinta Gainesville
- Gainesville La Quinta
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- NEW! Flat-panel TVs with 30 channels of HD programming. Easy-access Plug-and-Play feature makes it simple to connect electronics.Located just minutes from the O'Connell Center and the Phillips Center for Performing Arts at the University of Florida, the La Quinta Inn Gainesville is convenient to all area attractions. From here, visit the Butterfly Rainforest at the Museum of Natural History, the Harn Museum of Art, and the Kanapaha Botanical Gardens. Discover Payne's Prairie State Preserve. Spend the day on the water at Ginnie Springs. Have lots of fun at the Hippodrome State Theatre and the Gainesville Community Play House. Golf nearby Ironwood and Meadowbrook courses. We are surrounded by shopping at Oaks Mall and plenty of restaurants for every taste. You will love the spacious and colorful rooms at the La Quinta Inn Gainesville, equipped with free high-speed Internet access, a coffee maker, hair dryer, and more. Our heated swimming pool sits in a private courtyard surrounded by a sprawling sundeck. We provide our guests with privileges to a local fitness center. The hotel also offers theater-style meeting facilities for up to 35 guests. Enjoy a Free Bright Side BreakfastTM prepared mornings in the lobby by our friendly staff. Easy access from I-75 (exit 387) behind Red Lobster. Our location is also convenient for visitors to North Florida Regional and Shands Hospitals.We offer non-smoking in all of our king rooms! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Olotels, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Venere, LaQuinta, Priceline, Agoda, Tingo and HotelsClick so you can book your La Quinta Inn Gainesville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.