We go to La Quinta's a lot and are usually very happy with accomadations. That said this one was a dissappointment - Although it has been somewhat updated, It is still and old facility. The thing that made me uncomfortable was that it is set up like a motel - which i didn't realize when i made the reservations. I don't like having the door to my room directly onto the parking lot, therefore I didn't sleep well. In additiona, maybe becasue it it a college town, their were folks partying into the evening, and throwing beer bottles in the garbage can outside my door. Which of course woke up my dog and I throughout the night and into the early morning. They didn't have the assortment of pillows found at the other La Quinta's either, or an area for a dog walk. Staff was friendly, and breakfast good. bottom line if you don't mind hard pillows, ask for a room that does not open to the parking lot you might be OK for a stopover while traveling.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Gainesville Hotel Gainesville
- La Quinta Gainesville Hotel
- La Quinta Gainesville
- Gainesville La Quinta
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- NEW! Flat-panel TVs with 30 channels of HD programming. Easy-access Plug-and-Play feature makes it simple to connect electronics.Located just minutes from the O'Connell Center and the Phillips Center for Performing Arts at the University of Florida, the La Quinta Inn Gainesville is convenient to all area attractions. From here, visit the Butterfly Rainforest at the Museum of Natural History, the Harn Museum of Art, and the Kanapaha Botanical Gardens. Discover Payne's Prairie State Preserve. Spend the day on the water at Ginnie Springs. Have lots of fun at the Hippodrome State Theatre and the Gainesville Community Play House. Golf nearby Ironwood and Meadowbrook courses. We are surrounded by shopping at Oaks Mall and plenty of restaurants for every taste. You will love the spacious and colorful rooms at the La Quinta Inn Gainesville, equipped with free high-speed Internet access, a coffee maker, hair dryer, and more. Our heated swimming pool sits in a private courtyard surrounded by a sprawling sundeck. We provide our guests with privileges to a local fitness center. The hotel also offers theater-style meeting facilities for up to 35 guests. Enjoy a Free Bright Side BreakfastTM prepared mornings in the lobby by our friendly staff. Easy access from I-75 (exit 387) behind Red Lobster. Our location is also convenient for visitors to North Florida Regional and Shands Hospitals.We offer non-smoking in all of our king rooms! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, LaQuinta, Tingo, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Fareportal so you can book your La Quinta Inn Gainesville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.