“Unhappy” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Baymont Inn and Suites Gainesville

You added Baymont Inn and Suites Gainesville to your Saves list
Baymont Inn and Suites Gainesville
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6901 NW 4th Blvd, Gainesville, FL 32607 (Formerly Fairfield Inn, Gainesville)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #23 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
North Carolina Coast, North Carolina
“Unhappy”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I had two roaches that I know of in the room on my first day. I was going to be there another 4 days. When I first told the desk representative she said the had to seeee if there was another room available. I understand being booked but it just wasn't what I wanted to hear. I killed 1 roach(yuk) but the other one just kept running around. It made my stomach queasy and I couldn't really
there the rest of the visit. I was going to extend my visit a day or two but after
that I didn"t want to stay longer.

The next room was better but the lighting fixture in the bathroom area did not work but I didn't tell anyone.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Baymont Inn & Suites

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Pensacola, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

The room with the king size bed was very small, the picture did not do it justice. The room smelled of humidity since the entire hotel was open access. There was no parking available when we first arrived so we had to block people in as we checked in. I jumped in the shower and noticed a hair on the wall as well as the bathroom floor appearing dusty. The bed and pillows we're extremely comfortable though, despite not having an actual comforter but only a thin sheet and a hospital-type throw for blankets. The breakfast area is cramped and there was no seating available so we ended up sharing a table with another family. Eggs were rubbery and biscuits were stale by 9am. When first booking the room I was told the total was $71 over the phone but was charged $78 upon check-in. Apparently the "total" didn't include tax. The girl who booked my reservation also had a lot of trouble spelling my first name (Jasmine), despite spelling it several times for her. Luckily the email confirmation had my name and I was able to catch that it was still wrong upon final booking so I could correct her before hanging up. Overall it was decent for a budget one-night stay.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

MAPLETON
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We were put in a interstate fronting room that was noisy all night long disturbing our sleep. Sheets were scratchy and mattress was not best quality. Bath was old and not in good repair. Water was hot and breakfast was good. price was reasonable compared to other motels in town in major chains

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family

Ciudad Ojeda
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed there for a couple o nights. The hotel is ok. The rooms are the average size for that type of hotel. The complimentary breakfast is average as well. The hotel's age is starting to show. The bathtub in our room was clogged when we arrived late at night. We informed the reception and was promptly fixed. Overall, a good value.

Stayed December 2014
Davie,Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stayed at Baymont Inn the Saturday after Thanksgiving for one night. My room was in the back, away from the highway, which I recommend. The room was clean and large enough. The breakfast was very nice and there were NO roaches, as someone else had posted. I walked to a local restaurant for dinner.
Parking was no problem. There was a pool. Staff was pleasant and helpful.
I would stay there again and would recommend it to others.

Room Tip: Get a room in the back - away from the highway.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

The room was really nice and very cheap price. Very comfortable and cozy. Breakfast was a nice spread but we noticed roaches by the waffle maker and told the front desk. So we decided to skip breakfast and head out.

Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Summerville, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This hotel is located right off I-75 in Gainsville. A bit hard to find with on-line directions, as the street names don't coincide with the actual street signs. But this place is NICE. All outside rooms, but located next to a shopping center with plenty of parking and lighting. The night clerk was most accommodating and friendly. The room was large, with a king bed and chair and table. More than adequate. Nice shower with plenty of hot water. Coffee maker and fridge available. Looked just like any other generic motel with much higher ratings. The breakfast was great, with eggs, sausage, and a variety of cereals and pastries. The coffee was even good. I would not consider this an "economy" motel at all, but at least a "3" on the motel ratings scale. The night clerk told me about a local brew house where I could get a 10% discount. That place will be reviewed some where else. All in all, I'd say this place rates up with any other main chain motel, but with a $59.00 price. When you get close to Gainsville, call the motel and get directions that are correct from the clerk.

Room Tip: Choose the "back" of the motel, as it faces the I-75, if possible. Call for directions wh...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Been to Baymont Inn and Suites Gainesville? Share your experiences!