“Proximal to Interstate, Clean, Nice Beds” 4 of 5 stars

2X HHonors Points
Ranked #1 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Ba
“Proximal to Interstate, Clean, Nice Beds”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2009

Pleasant overnight after long days of traveling...
One of the most inviting beds for comfort I can ever remember...

• Stayed January 2008, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Mt. Holly
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2008

We stopped at the Hampton Inn for an overnight stay. We didn't have any reservations, but we had a room within 15 minutes. The room was nice. Furniture comfortable. Sofa bed was better than most. Decent cookies at night. Breakfast was ok. The eggs are frozen circles of egg-not great. But the apple turnovers are decent. I would stay again and recommend it to friends.

• Stayed July 2008
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Charlottesville, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2008

We were here for Florida Graduation, the hotel was not as busy as you would expect for graduation, there were plenty of people here but you couldn't tell.

The room was very nice on 4th floor and my parents were traveling and were down the hall from us, we faced the front and they faced the back.

We never heard any noise from outside and never had any problems while we were here.

The pool area is nice it has three tables where you can hang out and relax with family and friends.

The room had a microfridge and 40 channels on the tv.

Breakfast area was nice, and yes was a little busy however was not bad.

The hotel is under a 10 minute drive to the University and is near many restaurants as well on Archer Blvd.

I would stay at this hotel again.

There was a little construction going on the last day we were here, but nothing that big.

• Liked — Location and Quietness
  • Disliked — Nothing really
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2008

Although slightly under construction/renovation, this Hampton Inn was a wonderful haven for me and my teenage daughter. After a rough day/injury at a horse show, we unexpectedly had to stay an extra night.

We walked in with no reservations and had no problem getting a room which was perfectly clean and very comfortable. A few minutes after checking in, the front desk gave us a call to make sure our room was satisfactory.

The beds were so comfortable and everything was in fabulous working order from the wireless internet to the air conditioning system and the bathroom amenities.

The morning breakfast had a great selection of fresh foods and plentiful, and included breakfast burritos, which were delicious.

I always enjoy Hampton Inns, but this one was especially nice. I've stayed in about 10 different hotels in Gainesville over the years, but this one ranks as my favorite! A great deal for the price.

• Liked — the comfortable beds
  • Disliked — having to leave and go home
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2007

Stayed one night...above average Hampton Inn....no microwave or refrigerator but comfy bed, pleasant staff and good location close to Shands and University Lots of restaurants and shopping within a few blocks. I would return.
They deo take large groups however, so get to breaksst early.

Stayed April 2007
fla
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2007

at $130 a night one could reasonably expect peace and quiet in a motel room. This facility is almost smack up against I-75 and I heard highway noise the whole night I stayed there. There was also truck noise from the parkng lot. There are probably more quiet rooms than mine was, but my noisey room did not come with a noise discount. If you do stay here, try for the top floor. Perhaps the road noise does not filter in at the higher levels.

I also heard lots of noise from adjacent rooms. This was plumbing noise. I heard the neighboring showers and faucets being turned on and off. This type of noise, in my opinion, is not acceptable at the the price they ask at this place. If I want noise I can go to a Motel 6.

I would not stay here again. I have enjoyed my stays at other Hampton Inns in other cities, however. This one seem to have been poorly built and poorly located.

Stayed March 2007
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2007

This is one of the best hotels in Gainesville, FL. Gainesville is not one of those places known for their fine hotels. Although the room was not lavish it was nicely appointed and had the same kind of beds they have at luxury hotels.
The beds were a very comfortable pillow top bed and the bedding was of high quality and also very comfortable in addition to being really clean with no hairs or stains. The comforter was white so if there were any stains or anything that shouldn’t be there it would have shown.

There were plenty of plush towels in the bathroom that were not stained or overly used. The bathroom was almost the same as a bathroom you would expect in a 4 or 5 star hotel. The shower rod was curved to allow more room and the shower head had adjustable settings. The bathroom was very clean, but I did notice a few stray hairs.

The continental breakfast consisted of muffins, bagels, eggs, biscuits, sausage, fresh fruit, juices, coffees, and pastries. The selection was very decent for a hotel.

Even if the rates are higher then other places I would recommend staying here because the rooms are comfortable and the amenities or the same or very similar to the ones that hotels with higher star ratings offer. Even though the hotel has some exterior rooms most of the rooms are interior which I prefer the security of. The hotel was a good choice for us and worth the money.

The only reason I am not giving this stay a perfect rating is because I am extremely picky and notice every little detail. The few stray hairs I found in the bathroom are preventing me from giving it a perfect five. However, I would not hestitate to stay here again and recommend it to others.

• Liked — comfortable rooms
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed February 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Hampton Inn Gainesville? Share your experiences!