“Home” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 44 hotels in Gainesville
Dover, United States
“Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2013

My experience with Hampton Inn Gainesville was phenominal. The room was comfy and the breakfast was fabulous. The staff made me feel very welcomed. I enjoyed the festive decorations as well. It felt almost like home.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

HamptonFL32608, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Gainesville, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Dear Jennifer M,

Thank you for such an amazing review! We love it when our guests refer to us as their home away from home!
We work extremely hard to make everyone's stay as comfortable and hospitable as possible. We understand working away from home can be difficult and try to compensate for you.
Once again, thank you for choosing to stay with us and for your great review!

Come back to see us!

192 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Naples, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

We stopped overnight on our way to south Florida. The hotel was clean and up to Hampton standards which isn't always the case off of I-75. Check in was quick and staff was knowledgeable of places to eat. We ended up staying in and having food delivery from Texas Roadhouse. Breakfast was as you would expect and fast. Overall it was an easy stop for us and a quiet nights sleep. Wi-Fi was super fast and the microwave/fridge were used as well. We will probably use this stop again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear scorpette,

Thank you for taking the time to rate our hotel. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that it was convenient and up to par with the Hampton Standard!

I'm glad you took advantage of the discount from Texas Roadhouse as well as the delivery to the room. We work hard to get special perks and love to see our guests use them!

I hope you find yourself with us next time you're in the area!

Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

I had a bad experience with the General Manager at this location. He was unwilling to work with me when I needed to cancel my reservations. He charged me for 2 nights stay even though the hotel was able to resale the room. He would not even consider giving me credit towards a future stay. It did not matter to him that I'm a Hilton Diamond Rewards Member, he was only interested in making money for his franchise. I can't imagine how he treats other customers.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
HamptonFL32608, General Manager at Hampton Inn Gainesville, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. I regret that you did not stay at our property but rather are rating us on the restrictions associated with your reservation. It was a special event weekend that required a full prepayment and 30 day advance cancellation policy. You agreed to those terms when you booked for the Gator Football game weekend. I certainly understand that plans change, however the policy was enforced.

I believe that had you had the opportunity to stay with us you would have found our customer service outstanding, as reflected from other guests comments. We love our guests and enjoy the fun filled Gator football weekends we host for them.

We certainly would welcome you to stay with us in the future.
Safe and Happy travels!

Note: The GM at this property is a female so I am not sure who you spoke with, but they were just following the restriction policy.
Tampa, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

Nice Hotel - Breakfast could have been better not up to usual Hampton Inn standards. Could just have been the day I was there. I usually LOVE Hampton Inns. This was a business trip and the conference hotel was booked so staff booked at Hampton Inn. Lots of great shopping and food choices around hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear Naomi B,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. Feedback always helps us improve.
I'm sorry our breakfast was not up to par, we usually go above and beyond the Hampton requirments when it comes to our breakfast. We usually receive great comments about our breakfast. I certainly hope it was just a bad day and not the norm for that morning.
just to instill hope, we are about to launch our brand new "Breakfast Remix!" If you frequent Gainesville, I hope you come back and try us out again. I'm sure you won't be disappointed. On top of that, I see you were traveling on business and do not have a corporate rate with us. Give us a call and we would be delighted to set you up with a special rate!

I hope to see you soon!

Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

This is an excellent Hampton Inn. It looks very fresh, like it's just been built, or remodeled. The lobby is small, but it has a nice area to eat. We played cards at one of the tables before retiring to our room. It was well equipped and the beds were very comfortable. The bathroom was spacious, and the water pressure in the shower was great. Breakfast was fresh and plentiful. The location is good - tucked away from the busy street, and yet close to a lot of shopping and restaurants. We enjoyed our stay here and would recommend this hotel to others, and would stay here again!

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear jeffb1650,

Thank you for taking the time to give our hotel such a wonderful review!
We did just finish our renovations about 4 months ago and I'm glad you like it! It was certainly a process but well worth it!
I'm glad you enjoyed our breakfast and it is only getting better! We are currently working on our "Breakfast Remix!" Be sure to come back for a visit and try the new style out! And don't forget your discount at many eateries near us!

Hope to see you soon!

Tallahassee, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

I have stayed at this Hampton Inn many times since it opened a few years ago. The location is excellent as it is right off I75. It is nearby restaurants, shopping, and University of FL. The rooms are lovely and always very clean. Noise has never been a problem. I always sleep very well, however, I also travel with my own pillows. The staff is friendly and helpful. This past weekend we were there and they had decorated for fall and Halloween. And, the cookies were delicious.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Linda S,

Thank you for being such a loyal guest to my property and for taking the time to write a great review! It's always a pleasure hearing feedback from our repeat guests.
Thank you for noticing the hard work of our housekeepers to make sure the rooms are as clean as they are.
I hope you've been taking advantage of the many discounts you receive by the nearby restaurants just for being our guest! If not, be sure to ask the front desk about it; we'll be happy to help you.
I hope to see you in the future!

Palm Harbor, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

Everything was first rate at this place, as you would expect for a hundred fifty a night. Beds and baths were very good, reefer and microwave in rooms, "free" breakfast was excellent-- you won't go wrong if you can afford it...Miss Gloria liked the vesry nice bathroom and the comfortable bed.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
HamptonFL32608, Guest Relations Manager at Hampton Inn Gainesville, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear SixcDogTeam,

Thank you for such a wonderful rating! We love hearing from our guests!
I'm certainly glad you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast and accommodating rooms! The beds are Cloud 9 to assure an uninterrupted, comfortable night!
Once again, thank you for staying with us and I hope you always return as you travel through Gainesville!

Ryan Tate

Been to Hampton Inn Gainesville? Share your experiences!