“Excellent staff, reasonably priced, great hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
AAA Members Save 10%
Ranked #5 of 44 hotels in Gainesville
Indianapolis, IN
“Excellent staff, reasonably priced, great hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

During a recent short trip to Florida, we found ourselves scrambling at the last minute to find a hotel in Gainesville. I had messed up and booked a room at a Hampton Inn in Jacksonville instead of Gainesville - something we did not discover until we got in our rental car at the Jacksonville airport. Unfortunately, there were several events in the Gainesville area during that time, and this hotel was already full. Since we needed a room immediately, we initially had to stay at the Paramount Plaza. (but I'll save those details for another review)

Due to the popularity of Gainesville during that particular time frame, we could only secure a room at this Hampton Inn for one night. That's too bad, because our stay here was fantastic. From the moment I reserved the room with a direct call to the hotel until the time we checked out, our dealings with this location were completely first rate. Every single staff person we encountered was friendly, helpful and truly conveyed the feeling that they appreciated our business. I cannot praise this hotel staff enough for great job they did during the short time we were there.

Ever since Hampton underwent the branding upgrade started around 2005 or 2006, the hotels are clean and comfortable with amenities generally found at higher priced properties. If available, they are now our chain of choice when traveling to cities that lack decent boutique hotels. The bedding is top notch, rooms have refrigerators and flat screen TVs (that are actually hooked up to HD channels instead of HDTVs with lousy analog signals found in way too many chain hotels) They offer an excellent free breakfast, free cookies in the evening and free parking. This location had a front desk staff that went above and beyond to accommodate a few special requests that we had.

If you ever find yourself in Gainesville, do yourself a favor and choose this Hampton Inn for your base of operations. It will be the highlight of your time there, I guarantee!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
HamptonFL32608, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Gainesville, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Dear rekerdguy,

Thank you for such an excellent review. I am glad we were able to accomodate your last minute booking. Do not feel bad, people book the wrong hotels all the time, you are not the first!
It is great to hear the staff was able to accomodate your needs during your visit. They try their best to go above and beyond for each individual that stays at this property. I can promise you the same satisfaction and customer service every visit you make to Gainesville. I hope it's not too long before your next stay with us!
Thank you for choosing Hampton as your home away from home!

190 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We booked 4 rooms on March 23, 2013 for a family event in Gainesville. The hotel and staff exceeded my expectations. My room was exceptionally clean--and quiet, even with three high school soccer teams staying there too. The bed was so comfortable I didn't want to get out of it. I loved the special touches such as freshly laundered duvet, a make-up remover provided along with the usual soaps, lotions and shampoo... and a convenient laptop desk. The only negative was that the rooms weren't quite ready for the 3:00 PM check-in due to the hotel having been completely sold out the night before. But after my own experience, I certainly understand why they were sold out!

Dear Starfish09,

Thank you for your time to post about my hotel!
The housekeeping staff work exceptionally hard to make sure everything is fresh and in order in each room. I do apologize we were not able to accomodate our 3:00 PM check-in, the housekeeping will not sacrafice quality for quantity and makes sure each room is helf to standards. I thank you for understanding this and appreciating the comfort of your room.
I look forward to your next stay with us!

Ocala, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We were up for a visit at Shands for a night and the discount saved me about $15. The front desk was super nice and helpful. The breakfast had everything to make our 2 little ones happy and full. Plan on staying again when in the area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Kidsvsmom,

Thank you for choosing our Hampton Inn while in Gainesville. I hope your visit to Shands was not too serious and that all went well.
Hampton offers a variety of great food on our breakfast buffet and I am glad it was able to fulfill your needs as well as your childrens.
I hope your next visit to the area will be more fun-filled and have time to visit the attractions around town.
I look forward to your next visit!

Fort Walton Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We were on a one night trip to visit family at Shands, I love that they give a discounted rate for the stay (not much but it was thoughtful) very clean, quiet, comfy beds and pillows as usual with Hampton. I love that they offer the variety of coffee with flavored creamers, breakfast was typical and good, fresh fruit , waffles, oatmeal, etc. We had a great room on the 2nd floor. Yes we would stay again.

Dear smalljen,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review for the Hampton Inn.
I am sorry the purpose of your travels to Gainesville was for Shands. I hope all is well!
Our staff strives to make every room as clean and comfortable as possible and I am glad to hear your room held up to the standard!
I hope your next visit to Gainesville will be for pleasure, there are lots of attractions to visit from University of Florida to the Butterfly Museum to The Hippodrome.
We look forward to your next stay!

South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I had to change rooms several times for various reasons (too close to ice/vending machines and second room had a broken commode). The front desk was very understanding and I had no problems getting a new room. The third room was perfect. The staff was so nice and I had no complaints. Later that evening I accidentally locked myself out of my room... the front desk and I had a good chuckle at the fact they remembered me and my room number.

It happened to be Valentine's Day and I missed a celebration in the lobby, but they left the goodies out a little longer and I had a chance to enjoy some of the fruit and chocolate. What a nice place to stay!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
HamptonFL32608, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Gainesville, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear Heartburn,

Thank you for taking time to review our property! It helps us improve.
I apologize for the noise from the vending area and for the plumbing issue! I am glad after 3 attempts we were able to accomodate you - third times a charm!
I am delighted you were able to catch the end of our Valentines Day reception. We are aware people can not always be with loved ones on special holidays and always try to accomodate.

Once again, thank you for taking time to review us and thank you for choosing us as your home away from home while visiting Gainesville.
I hope the next time you are in town you think of us first!

Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Based on other reviews, I thought this property would be a good choice. Its ad depicted a breakfast area and nicely appointed rooms. It was deceptive. I have stayed at over 100 Hampton Inn Properties in my business and personal travel and this property was by far the worst. This was the first that I stayed in where the room I had opened up into the parking lot. It had a humidifier that you could not two on if you wanted to sleep because of the noise. The room itself appeared dingy. In the morning we found no breakfast. This did not appear in the ad nor were we told upon check in. In comparison, we had a room at a Hampton Inn in Murfreesboro that was twice the size, bright and cheerful and a breakfast for the same rate?

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the tower. Better yet pick another property!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
HamptonFL32608, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Gainesville, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear SeanorLike2Eat,

We would like to thank you for submitting your review of our property. Of course we were disappointed with your comments. Our breakfast is served from 6:00am until 10:00am every day without exception. Our rooms have been completely remodeled including all furniture, drapes, carpet, paint, and even the pictures. I am sorry that you don’t like our new color scheme. We appreciate your loyalty to Hampton Inns and hope that you enjoy your travel.

Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Hotel is right off I75, but I did not hear any traffic noise. This is the best Hampton Inn I've stayed at. I was very pleased with everything about the property. When I booked the room there was alot of functions going on in towm and most rooms were not available. When I found a room available at this hotel I grabbed it, but would have preferred the new one downtown. So I was very pleased when I arrived and found this hotel to be such a gem. It wil be my 1st choice for my next trip to Gainseville.

This hotel is right at I75 & Archer which seems to be the main drag. So don't worry about finding a restaruant or fast food or a Walmart or Target, it's all right there.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
HamptonFL32608, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Gainesville, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear ellwooddiesel,

Thank you for staying with us during your visit! I am glad that we could accommodate you during such a busy time.

Next time you stay with us, be sure to ask about discounts at restaurants around town!

We look forward to your next stay with us!

Ryan Tate

Been to Hampton Inn Gainesville? Share your experiences!