“Great hotel” 4 of 5 stars

AAA Members Save 10%
Ranked #1 of 43 Hotels in Gainesville
“Great hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

With our kids at UF this Hampton inn has become a home away from home. Conveniently located & recently renovated it offers all the amenities you can expect from a Hampton inn. Make sure to ask for the gator parent rate.

Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
HamptonFL32608, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Gainesville, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear Marie H,

Thank you for taking time to write this review.

I am glad we can serve as your "Home away from home" while your kids atten the University of Florida.

We look forward to building a relationship with you as you frequent Gainesville to see your kids.

Ryan Tate

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

From the time we checked in we felt that the staff was really trying to make our stay as comfortable as possible. Even though they were in the process of remodeling, it didn't make our stay any less enjoyable. I mentioned that we had constantly been missing out on the cookies and later I received a courtesy call telling me that they were now ready in the lobby. The room was very clean, good TVs, good breakfast. All in all this was an excellent stay. The hotel is also close to some nice restaurants.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear IverJohnson,

Thank you for taking time to post a review on our property. It is our goal to make everyone's stay enjoyable. It is a pleasure knowing that our remodeling did affect your comfort. We try our hardest to work around our guests; you are our top priority.

Our housekeepers work extremely hard and thorough cleaning the rooms; making sure they don't miss anything from the previous guest. Thank you for acknowleding their hard work.

Next time you're in Gainesville, be sure to take advantage of the discounts at the nearby restaurants you receive for staying with us!

Once again, thank you for your review. It helps us improve.

Roseville, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Angela was awesome checking me in. The offer of extras both as a returning guest as well as compensation for the inconvenience of the remodeling in progress. AAA discount was given without any trouble and room was upgraded as a loyal guest. Breakfast is standard American served hot and the staff was helpful. The new HD televisions with HD programing and increased channel line up was a nice addition added during the remodel.
I always stay at this Hampton Inn while visiting Gainesville. The improvements in the facilities is going to be great when they are done.

Room Tip: Rooms at the ends have easiest access to parking lot. Doors are secured 24/7 with room key access.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013 via mobile

Checked in here for two days waiting for a blizzard to go by up north. Everything was good. Ceiling is low in bathroom, my son put his hand through the plastic globe on the ceiling light fixture while getting dressed. Cut his hand, but didn't get electrocuted. I suggested they put those fixtures on a GFCI before someone does get electrocuted.
Still, it was a great place for the money.

• Stayed December 2012
HamptonFL32608, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Gainesville, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear Cariosella,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I hope the blizzard was not too much of an inconvenience to your travels and thank you for taking your time to rate our hotel. Feedback always helps us excel.
I am sorry about your sons incident in our bathroom. I hope it was not too serious of a cut.
I have spoken with the owners of the hotel, we will get the light fixture verified.
We would love for you to come back and visit us. again, thank you for staying with us and your time rating us.

Montgomery, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Our trip was off to a rough start and we couldn't find a hotel. From the moment we walked into this particular Hampton everyone was extremely friendly. Cleanliness is very important to us when looking for a hotel and this one was spotless. The staff was constantly cleaning floors, windows, etc.. and I actually seen the staff removing all bedding to wash it when I walked by vacant rooms. I would definitely recommend this hotel to any travelers. It is a bit hidden behind other businesses but worth the effort. I know they are in the process of remodeling, however; we never heard any of it. Thank you to the friendly staff and the clean rooms because after we had to leave the area our next experience wasn't pleasant. Not all Hampton's are created equal. I will stay there again if we are anywhere near the hotel.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor facing the parking lot. No problems
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
HamptonFL32608, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Gainesville, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear Grace K,

Thank you for choosing us as your home for the evening. I am sorry you got off to a rough start but am glad we were able to accomodate you.
Our top priority is cleanliness and friendliness and I am glad our staff excelled in both these areas.
I am glad the renovations did not disturb your visit and look forward to finishing them.
We look forward to your next visit while in town and should be finished with our complete remodel.
Once again, thank you for choosing us!

Hobe Sound FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I rented two (connecting) rooms for three nights and it was important that the rooms connect.
From the initial contact for the reservation until we checked out, all the staff was outstanding
and went out of their way to make sure we got what we needed. Yes, the lobby is under construction but it is not a major comfort issue. The entire hotel has been redone and the lobby is the last area to be completed. I will be returning to this facility and recommend it to anyone
that is visiting Gainesville. Convenient access to I-75 and major restaurant/shopping.

Room Tip: Ask for 2nd floor, back side of building.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Raymond F, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Gainesville, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Dear KerryD85,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about out property. I am glad we were able to accomodate your request for adjoining rooms.
I am delighted that the renovations did not interfere with your visit. We try to make everyone's stay as accomodating as possible, even through times as such.
We look forward to your next visit and hopefully you'll be able to enjoy a completely newly renovated hotel with the same Hamptonality as before.

Glen Head, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

We stayed here the hotel did not tell us that it is under renovation. Stayed one night we were woken up by machinery and mixing of cement at 12:30 A.M manager Susan [-] was not helpful or understanding at all . I spoke to the manager about this and to be honest she was
very unprofessional and vulgar. This type of manager puts a bad name on the Hilton Hotels , I was
greatly relieved after I had to make a phone call to headquarters they were more than accommodating to sort this out.However this hotel I would not recommend even aside from the renovation the rooms were old and not an overall fresh feeling. If you have a problem here at this hotel they will not help you your stuck beware!!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Raymond F, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Gainesville, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I'm sorry that you feel you received a poor level of service; as our focus is always on our customer service. We apologize for the miscommunication regarding the final phase of our remodeling. Our guests rooms were completed first and we are on the home stretch with the lobby area. We will surely be more self-aware of our reactions towards guests’ concerns, going forward. Thank you once again for your comments.

Best regards,

Raymond Francois

Been to Hampton Inn Gainesville? Share your experiences!