“renovation is a good thing” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
AAA Members Save 10%
Ranked #4 of 44 hotels in Gainesville
Sylacauga, Alabama
“renovation is a good thing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

yes, they are renovating. hotels get old and worn like people, so it's a good thing they are spending money to renovate. the lobby was a mess, but my room was brand new. probably the friendliest and most helpful staff I've ever encountered. My next trip to Gainesville will find me staying here!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Raymond F, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn Gainesville, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Dear dex49,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on our property. I also thank you for understanding us renovating to be a necessity. I assure progress has been made in the lobby and it is nearing an end. I am glad you liked the room and enjoyed your stay with us.

I look forward to seeing you in the future. I am sure you'll like our improvements!

Safe Travels,

176 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
MN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Only in town for a couple of days on business and lucked out by selecting this property. It has a great location as far as restaurants and entertainment go - lots of things within walking distance & I felt safe the whole time I was out walking, even after dark. The staff at this hotel really went out of their way to make everyone feel welcome, even
doing an evening get together which was not the norm at most Hampton Inns at which I've stayed. I was really impressed with the staff at the check in desk; everytime I walked by, either in or out, they had a kind word to say and would take time from their work just to be pleasant. Definitely will stay at this property the next time I return to Gainsville.

Room Tip: This seems to be a quiet spot in the middle of Gainesville. I don't know if there would be a ro...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

The renovation was still going on, and the lobby was a complete construction zone. My room was apparently completed as part of the renovation, because it was very nice. The bed was quite comfortable, the wireless worked great, the desk was great, with plenty of outlets. There was a pool, albeit fairly close to the freeway, but nice enough to lay out and catch a little bit of sunshine. The breakfast was plentiful. My only complaint was being subjected to Fox News in the breakfast room. The hotel staff should make it their business to make sure the TV in the public space is not tuned into anything so controversial (Fox, MSNBC, religious channels, etc.) that could make guests feel uncomfortable.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Santa Claus, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

Website did not state hotel was under major renovation when making reservation. Agree with a previous post that the lobby was a construction zone. Room was old with horrible beds. Bathroom didn't seem clean and tub didn't drain while showering. If it wouldn't have been so late, we would have gone to another hotel. The hotel clerk was very friendly. Breakfast was adequate and set up on the second floor. Rate seemed a little high for the outdated facility. Seems like a lot of Hampton Hotels are going under major renovations lately.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Raymond F, Manager at Hampton Inn Gainesville, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback, we are sorry for the condition of your room and the appearance of our lobby. As you mentioned, we are almost finished with our renovations and again we apologize for the inconvenience that they caused while you were here. We hope we can have another chance to show you what our warm Hamptonality is all about here at our hotel,

We enjoyed having you as our guest and I hope that you will visit us again soon.
If there is anything I can do to help plan your next visit, please feel free to contact me directly for assistance.

Raymond Francois
Assistant General Manager
Okeechobee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

We stayed one night. The lobby was a construction zone, being remodeled and nothing but concrete floors, stud walls and the lobby desk BUT we were greeted by a very friendly and helpful lady. If it wouldn't have been pouring down rain we probably would have checked with one of the other hotels nearby. The room seemed a little dated but maybe that's what this Hampton is working on, remodeling. We met a painter coming down the elevator and he said he was painting all the rooms on the 3rd floor. They still had an excellent breakfast room. It was set up on the 2nd floor.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

My wife, myself and mother-in-law stayed one night here last week.
I was taking a shower and reached for the bathmat that was on the side of the tub. Next thing I know I was horizontal in the tub. The bottom of the tub was slick as ice. My wife and mother-in-law put towels down when they took their shower. Thank goodness I had no serious injuries but I did ache for a few days.
When we checked out I mentioned the incident to the person at the front desk. She got a funny look on her face and said that I was the second person in the last few days to report this. We can't understand what is happening, Hilton made us spray every tub with an anti slip solution.
I think they put it on upside down !!!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Ormond Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

This hotel is very convenient to UF. The room was ABSOLUTELY terrific! It was spotless and the bed was so comfortable I slept like a rock. Hotel is located off Archer road near dozens of restaurants. The breakfast had a nice assortment of hot and cold items. Free wireless worked great.. This hotel gives a nice rate if you have a student at UF so CHECK IT OUT! About a 10 minute drive to the center of campus.

Room Tip: If you have a UF student mention it to the staff for a great rate. It beat the AAA rate.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hampton Inn Gainesville? Share your experiences!