The renovation was still going on, and the lobby was a complete construction zone. My room was apparently completed as part of the renovation, because it was very nice. The bed was quite comfortable, the wireless worked great, the desk was great, with plenty of outlets. There was a pool, albeit fairly close to the freeway, but nice enough to lay out and catch a little bit of sunshine. The breakfast was plentiful. My only complaint was being subjected to Fox News in the breakfast room. The hotel staff should make it their business to make sure the TV in the public space is not tuned into anything so controversial (Fox, MSNBC, religious channels, etc.) that could make guests feel uncomfortable.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn Gainesville Hotel
- Hampton Inn Gainesville Hotel Gainesville
- Gainesville Hampton Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are conveniently located off I-75 and Archer Road, the Hampton Inn Gainesville hotel is your comfortable home in Gainesville, Florida. Relax in your clean, comfortable guest room at this centrally located hotel in Gainesville. Enjoy easy access to the University of Florida, or enjoy our natural wonders. Alachua County features several fresh water springs for scuba diving, tubing or snorkeling. Visit the Devils Millhopper for a walk on the wild side, or stop by Lake Alice for an alligator encounter. Whether you are here for business or for pleasure, the Hampton Inn Gainesville hotel is the smart choice for a comfort, convenience and service at a great rate. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hilton Hotels, Priceline, Venere, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Hampton Inn Gainesville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.