“Gainesville” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 44 Hotels in Gainesville
Lake Placid, Florida, United States
“Gainesville”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Marriott Gainesville is our favorite place to stay in Gainesville. The location is convenient and there are many eateries near by. Rooms are clean and staff is polite and helpful. Good parking and other amenities.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
AsstGMA, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Gainesville, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Thank you so mych for taking the time to post your review of our property. I agreatly appreciate your kind words and confidence in the experience my team provides! We appreciate your loyalty to both Marriott, and to our hotel. Whenever your travels bring you back to Gainesville, we will be happy to have you stay with us again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Frankfort, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

This was my second stay at this Courtyard location. We arrived late at night (more like early am) and they put us in a room (I was travelling with my husband and 2 of my daughters) with 2 beds and the minute we opened the door, the odor of mold and mildew hit us in the face! I said there's NO way I'm staying in this room all night! The smell was nauseating.

We immediately went to the front desk aand told them what the problem was. They apologized, profusely, and assigned another room - right across the hall. We moved over to that room, walked in, and it had a faint odor of mildew. My daughters started complaining about the smell and I said, "welcome to Florida!" The girls went to sleep right away as they had been asleep in the car for awhile. As I went to get ready for bed, I noticed the smell got stronger the closer I got to the bathroom. I walked to where the shower and toilet were and there it was: the host of the mildew smell! It was the shower curtain. There was also quite a bit of hair in the tub and on the floor there that I KNOW wasn't ours! But we were all so tired - I think at that point, I was the last one awake so it didn't make much sense to go downstairs again and then wake everybody and move again, so I went to sleep and closes the bathroom door.

The front desk the next morning - we were in a hurry as we had to get moving early. Because my husband is a preferred guest, we get our checkout papers dropped at our door, so we left in a hurry amd the front desk was quite busy at that time. We never got to report our second room to them.

Bottom line is this: I feel we were overcharged for what we got, butn it's our fault for not reporting it to anyone.

We've stayed in many, many properties owned by Marriott and we usually have time to let them know if something is not up to their standards. But this time it just wasn't possible.

Courtyard by Marriott, Gainesville - scrub every square inch (yes, even up top of the walls) of your bathrooms and wash every shower curtain in BLEACH! I think you'll find that that will diminish the problem, if not cure it altogether. But it can't be a "one-n-done" event. It needs to be done, maybe, once a week at LEAST!

I would stay here again if the rate were more reasonable for what we received. Customer service is NOT lacking at this location - just maybe a little more attention to mold and mildew since we are in Florida!

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
AsstGMA, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Gainesville, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience you experienced at my hotel. I greatly appreciate your loyalty and am very dissapointed that this most recent trip was less than you expected.

I completely appreciate all feedback from our guests- Both positive and negative. It provides me with an insight that can assist us in advancing our service for future guests. For your feedback especially, thank you. Please trust that I have already made steps to address this lapse in service with our housekeeping team. My goal is to ensure that a similar issue has no chance of affecting the stay of any future guest.

Again, please accept my apology and know that we can and will do better in the future; for both your next stay and for every guest.
Griffin, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

The staff here were extremely courteous and did everything possible to make our stay enjoyable. We dined at the Bistro when we first arrived and Tiffany did an outstanding job and served a delicious meal. We had a small problem that was mentioned at checkout and it was resolved in a manner that far exceeded our expectations. We have family in Gainesville and will certainly book our stay at the Marriott Courtyard the next time we visit.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your comments. We appreciate it very much, but appreciate your words more! I will certainly share this review with my entire team. They love seeing the feedback we receive from our guests.

I look forward to having your stay with us again on your next visit to Gainesville!
West Palm Beach, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

It's a slightly dated Courtyard, but still meets the traditional standards of the chain. Staff was very pleasant in my limited interactions with them. Rooms are very clean with mattresses on the firm side of things. Quiet, on the third floor at least. Parking is free, as is Internet. On my second stay here I arrived without reservation and staff honored the cheapest rate available (for a room with two double beds) but still have me a king size bed as I requested. Only thing I'd like to see different is mini-fridges in rooms (none currently).

• Stayed September 2013
AsstGMA, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Gainesville, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Thank you for your feedback! I appreciate your opinion of our hotel and appreciate you taking the time to review us.

I'm especially happy to hear that my staff was able to accommodate your requests to ensure you had a comfortable stay. We love repeat guests and try our best to treat them like family when they stay with us. I hope you will continue to choose our hotel in the future.
Knoxville,TN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stayed here for an overnight stop and were very happy. I had stayed at a competing hotel the month before, and this was far and away a better hotel! This is an updated Courtyard with all the newest amenities and decor. We even decided to treat ourselves to Starbucks! You do have to pay for breakfast, but it is quick and delicious. The room was very clean, including the bathroom. Marriott beds are always great, so I knew I would get a great night's sleep! The hotel is across the street from Publix and a strip mall, and many restaurants, local and chain are within a couple of miles. The location is a little off the main drag so it is quiet, but it is close enough to the interstate that you will hop on and hop off the exit. The next time I am in Gainesville, this will definitely be the place I will stay!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to share your opinions online. We really appreciate your kind words!

I look forward to having you stay with us again in the future. We will be sure to keep the Starbucks ready for you!
Temple Terrace, Fl, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Been there three times and never been disappointed. Staff very friendly and responsive. Nice Bistro off lobby with table service. Mini-fridges available on request. First come first served.
Microwave and vittles downstairs. Good fitness room.

Room Tip: Certainly get what you pay for, providing you check around first. Get a North facing room for quietn...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel! Having stayed with us in the past, I am very appreciative of your loyalty. I know you have a choice when staying in Gainesville and I am pleased that you continue to choose ours! Thank you!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

My husband and I just returned from a two night stay at this Courtyard. When we arrived very late at night, the woman who checked us in was very effiecent and made us feel welcome. Our room was very clean and had plenty of room. The bed was of good quality.

Breakfast was not included, but they did have delicious sounding menu items for sale in the bistro. We had plans for breakfast with friends, or else I would have stopped and tried the French toast.

We would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
AsstGMA, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Gainesville, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
I'd liek to thank you for your kind words and feedback about my property! Our team is 100% focused on providing every guest with the best customer service we can deliver. I thank you for taking the time to review us.

Please know that we would love to have the opportunity to serve your family again should your travels bring you back to Gainesville. And trust me- The French Toast is delicous!

Best regards,

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Gainesville? Share your experiences!